The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]

Changed the rarity of the "Failure To Fall Back" (FTFB) bug to Uncommon from Rare because it's been happening more often each match I play.

Also, I added in some notes about bots sometimes being dead silent, even while running and sprinting in some occasions. Very annoying in Frenzy.

Added in some more AI bugs specifically related to Frenzy.

Added in the melee charge bug (melee charging disables the enemy's weapon). Especially annoying in Frenzy.

This post is extremely well made and quite accurate to the games of Co-op that I've had as of late.

The part where bots kill you in one shot, despite not being to the head and with a "low damage" gun, is something I've had happen to me many times. Quite a few instances where they'd snap and one-shot me even when they should be at a disadvantage.

The bots in Ministry are especially brutal compared to how they behaved from the original. They flank like crazy and often assault the recently completed objective just seconds after. This is likely also because of it being fully open and not having areas closed off like before.

@Abekrie said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Currently Updating To 1.13.1]:

The part where bots kill you in one shot, despite not being to the head and with a "low damage" gun, is something I've had happen to me many times. Quite a few instances where they'd snap and one-shot me even when they should be at a disadvantage.

I've recently got a few more clips showing this exact bug, and I'm working on a second video montage with clips recorded after the 1.3 update and the hotfix.

@MarksmanMax said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Currently Updating To 1.13.1]:

@Abekrie said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Currently Updating To 1.13.1]:

I've recently got a few more clips showing this exact bug, and I'm working on a second video montage with clips recorded after the 1.3 update and the hotfix.

Happens regularly to me in close combat situations. The bots are shooting into the avatar's lower leg/foot and this hit has the same result as a headshot.

New video up here! This is just a short one about some random bugs, and I'm gonna make another video or two that will be longer. I'll add it to the OP as well:

Youtube Video

Added in the "bots being invisible" bug. I'm sure it's known by NWI, though.

Well, I'll be damned! This post is now the second most upvoted post on this entire subforum! I actually have both of the top rated posts now:

goddamn.PNG

I had no idea this post had 20 upvotes.

For how much this sort of plagues the Co-Op portion, this thread certainly deserves it.

Hey, everyone! I've got yet another video up, and this is actually edited! Maybe it's not garbage now lmao.

I'll add it to OP as well:

Youtube Video

Updated OP to account for the 1.3.2 hotfix, which only changed a few cosmetic issues with the AI (and possibly invisible fire, although I wouldn't count on it).

I also added in a new bug, which is DTA (Double-Tap Accuracy) although I called it DFSA for clarity (as the bug is essentially FSA happening twice, back-to-back), which is bizarre. I can never recall having this specific bug occurring prior to 1.3.1.

Wow, this list is way more extensive then my little hissy fit on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/1644292444645217241/

@seiden said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Currently Updating To 1.13]:

I hope NWI puts some focus on actually fixing the AI instead of adding more 1x optics.

oh yeah 1x optics because we totally didn't have enough of those. I wonder when they'll add more choices as secondary weapons.
I mean, the last one that was released, the PF940 which is just a Glock 17 knockoff, isn't exactly 'new'. It was in the beta of the game, then it got cut, then it got added again as a 'new' weapon. given how common that model of gun is in the world, and it being the only sidearm in the game who's capacity is 32 with the extend mag, its kind of annoying that it is available only for security. the highest capacity you can manage on insurgency side is 20 rounds. 12 rounds of a difference is huge. (Right now the numbers of side arms is also very biased towards security's side.)

@MarksmanMax said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To 1.3.2]:

Lmao. The new players will have fun, until they get higher level and start getting curbstomped. I'm convinced the Ai target higher-level players. I'll add that in if it isn't there.

Tell me about it, I'm level 20 right now and its starting to feel like the game is punishing me for only playing cooperative on XP enabled servers just so I can work on unlocking cosmetics. Insurgency: Sandstorm, to a player that hates PVP and plays only Cooperative to exclusivity, is starting to definitely lean towards the 'NOT FUN' category. I pre-ordered my copy of the game on nov, 2018, and its only with the recent update that allowed experience gain on custom hosted servers, that the Coop aspect has become un-enjoyable.

@Ferro said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To 1.3.2]:

Tell me about it, I'm level 20 right now and its starting to feel like the game is punishing me for only playing cooperative on XP enabled servers just so I can work on unlocking cosmetics.

Level 80 here, so you can imagine what I have to deal with lmao. It's also crazy to spectate level 160's and 200s and watch what the AI does to those players to kill them.

New video here! This one's just a single clip, but by god is it probably the worst one anyone's seen so far.

Youtube Video

New video! This one is about the DSBR (Difficulty Scaling By Rank) theory that I've had for a while:

Youtube Video

Definitely been a while since I've even posted anything in these Forums, but I've got another video right here that pretty clearly shows the bugs using the replay system:

Youtube Video

Updated the post to the July 11th hotfix and again un-did all of the bold text. Bold text is now used to show any updates to the OP since the July 11th patch.

Those videos are just crazy, but I should have expected it to finally be shown like such.

I was getting drop shot like that all the time as of late.

@Abekrie said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

I was getting drop shot like that all the time as of late.

Bots transitioning from prone to standing or standing to prone seem insanely accurate. This also happens while vaulting.

@MarksmanMax said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

-> Very Rare: Only rare because bots rarely vault, but a bot in the process of vaulting always seems to have insane accuracy. Also worth noting is that bots getting up from prone and going down to prone also seem to get an insane accuracy increase.