The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]

It's stuff like this that happens in the videos that makes me think, wether there is a mole in NWI headquarters from a different company, who implement bugs like this in Sandstorm, that cannot really be proved, but it does ruin the gameplay experience for everyone.

Jokes aside, honestly at this point I'd grab the current bot AI and throw it out in the trash and remake it.

If ( WallInFrontOfBot() ){
DoNotFuckingShootThePlayer()
}Else{
YouMayStartAttackingLikeAHumanBeing()
}
If (BotUsesAimbot){
Don't()
}

At a very early stage in the beta phase I said in a posting: Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence before it becomes Artificial Idiocy. 😉
Well, I think that this limit has long been exceeded.

@Helsing1789 said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

At a very early stage in the beta phase I said in a posting: Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence before it becomes Artificial Idiocy. 😉
Well, I think that this limit has long been exceeded.

Honestly, Sandstorm is still in Beta. Nothing's really changed since the release of the game.

I'd say this game is still in Alpha but the CTA was actually better than the game we have now. It's a shame so few people got to play it.

I was one of the few fortunate enough to be in the CTA, and I don't even recall the bots acting like this nor the game being so difficult to run with good performance.

The AI having access to A-10 runs in Checkpoint was actually pretty fun ngl. Hearing the distant jet engines in the distance putting in as much terror as a helicopter's rotors.

They removed it from their list, but it's still nowhere near as devastating as the others when having to defend those spots with open areas and little cover. Explosive mortars/artillery, gunship/minigun, explosive drones/IED's, et cetera all can ruin a run.

@Abekrie said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

I was one of the few fortunate enough to be in the CTA, and I don't even recall the bots acting like this nor the game being so difficult to run with good performance.

The performance in the CTA honestly wasn't that bad at all. No clue what happened between the Alpha and the Betas.

@Abekrie said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

The AI having access to A-10 runs in Checkpoint was actually pretty fun ngl. Hearing the distant jet engines in the distance putting in as much terror as a helicopter's rotors.

IMO this should still be in the game. It wasn't unbalanced or anything, and Insurgent Checkpoint is already easier than Security Checkpoint since there are no suicide bombers and the helicopters aren't that useful if you have buildings for cover. Plus, with the AMRs shooting down choppers is a breeze.

They removed it from their list, but it's still nowhere near as devastating as the others when having to defend those spots with open areas and little cover. Explosive mortars/artillery, gunship/minigun, explosive drones/IED's, et cetera all can ruin a run.

The Gunship and Minigun are only a legitimate threat if the objective you're trying to defend from a counter has no roof cover. That's when you have a problem lmao.

Most Insurgent Fire Support options are actually deadlier than the Security options. Rocket Barrages can pretty easily kill players through solid walls and rooftops, and Grenade Drones are still extremely lethal but have less pen power. Chemical Mortars are an instant kill if it lands directly on you and you weren't already wearing a Gas Mask.

I swear, I actually can't recall the last time any AI faction used Explosive Mortars/Artillery in a HC game. Is it impossible?

I played some more HC Checkpoint and started noticing that as well.

Hadn't had a single explosive mortar/artillery called upon an objective. Was always smoke.

Hadn't had a single explosive mortar/artillery called upon an objective. Was always smoke.

New World did make a change to Frenzy where the AI can only call in smoke/chem mortars, so I'm wondering if that affected all Coop modes.

Man I miss this. Hearing that low whooshing noise, wondering wtf it was then quickly realising they called in a strafing run then screaming into the mic holyfuckGUNRUNGETTOCOVERNOW before 30mm rounds exploded all around us. Definitely a clenching moment

@edbods said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

Man I miss this. Hearing that low whooshing noise, wondering wtf it was then quickly realising they called in a strafing run then screaming into the mic holyfuckGUNRUNGETTOCOVERNOW before 30mm rounds exploded all around us. Definitely a clenching moment

Getting hit with a 30mm out of nowhere wasn't really cheap or anything. You just felt like you got shit on.

I only died by an A-10 once, though, iirc.

I had played a few games where the entire player team was wiped out by a single A-10 strike. Going from "we got this" to failing the mission in a split second is pretty jarring. I don't think removing it completely is the right way to fix that, but I can see why some people were annoyed by it.

@MAA_Bunny said in The Current Bot AI - Bugs, Suggestions & Tactics [Updated To July 11th Hotfix]:

I don't think removing it completely is the right way to fix that, but I can see why some people were annoyed by it.

I mean, you can hear the humming of the jet right before the strafe, so IMO it's fair game. It should at least be in Hardcore Checkpoint.