Lost all progress

After putting a decent amount of time into the game ( Having atleast three classes maxed and mostly all guns finished ) my PC was running pretty badly. I decided it was a while since my last reformat and figured I'd do it just to clean up and start from fresh drivers and so on. I reinstalled the game booted up and everything is gone. Now it's almost like I don't even want to play anymore... There is no cloud at all or any form of progress based to your account what so ever? Everything is stored locally on the PC itself? Had I known this before hand maybe I would of done something differently. But Jesus. What the hell were these people thinking. I really hope something is changed about this soon because this completely removed all motivation towards playing this game.

Epic Launcher does not support cloud save so yes, all games that are on Epic Store are stored locally so any type of corruption or deletion of a file/game of some sort will be permanently lost unless backed up to another file. I stopped playing myself (unless cloud save is finally supported), just like you, I had like 3-4 classes maxed out until one unfortunate day my pc crashed when starting up the game and corrupted my save file so I lost everything.

Blame Epic Store, not the creators of this game, lmao

@missabbyxz said in Lost all progress:

Its no matter what launcher to use, online games should store account data on their servers, like Killing Floor, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

Epic are behind the times on this, ridiculous.

@Relice said in Lost all progress:

@missabbyxz said in Lost all progress:

Its no matter what launcher to use, online games should store account data on their servers, like Killing Floor, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

again, all those games are on Steam or Origin. BLAME EPIC GAMES.

Save your storage folder after every session...only way to work around that so far afaik