Suggest changing the SEC Marksman's M16 to a Mk12 SPR

Title pretty much says the gist of it.

alt text

• Reduce the cost to 2 supply
  • Shorter 20 round mag by default (can spend supply points for other mags at a +1 rate over normal M16's, so stanag-30 is 1, extended is 2, drum is 4)
  • Semi-automatic only
  • Reduce muzzle velocity from 960m/s to 840m/s (from the 20" barrel reduction down to 18" barrel)
  • Give it AP rounds
  • Only magnified optics options
  • Default it has a muzzle break, so automatically gains some foregrip and compensator benefits

For some variety of playstyle and platform options, especially for when night-maps come around, the long monolithic rail would be perfect for NV-adapters (as intended on it). The change alters it to a point where it is still a balanced option for those seeking more options and use-cases for the class without needing to "overkill"-pick.

Ive mentioned it a few times in forums to developers. They need to add the MK12 SPR. There is no reason why we have choices of two M16s. MK12 SPR is the perfect urban war Marksman rifle.

last edited by Delta_Boy

I totally agree with u, and maybe the m110 would also be a good addition

@Mainfold Shit, I fell asleep and forgot that I wanted to comment on this lol.

As a frequent Marksman in Cooperative games, a Mk 12 SPR sounds pretty awesome. It would make more sense I think to have that instead of the M16A4 in Coop modes. IIRC this gun is in Ring of Elysium, and I've used it in that game many times.

@Mainfold said in Suggest changing the SEC Marksman's M16 to a Mk12 SPR:

Reduce the cost to 2 supply
Shorter 20 round mag by default (can spend supply points for other mags at a +1 rate over normal M16's, so stanag-30 is 1, extended is 2, drum is 4)
Semi-automatic only
Reduce muzzle velocity from 960m/s to 840m/s (from the 20" barrel reduction down to 18" barrel)
Give it AP rounds
Only magnified optics options
Default it has a muzzle break, so automatically gains some foregrip and compensator benefits

If you make this cost two supply and change it to only semi-automatic, you could then actually take the Advisor's SKS (it's not exactly "exotic") and give it to the Insurgent Marksman.

I don't really think a drum mag should be available lmao. I'd take 50 rounds of AP 5.56 any day (I do think AP rounds should come with it, though). I think it makes the most sense to just stick with a 30-round mag upgrade, similar to the SKS.

Reduced muzzle velocity would actually be nice so it doesn't outclass other weapons, and while I'm on the subject, the M24 needs a damn velocity buff. It's less than the EBR.

If this gun is added, I feel like 1x optics would also be included, but I am down for magnified optics only.

Not sure about a free compensator by default, unless it prohibits other barrel attachments (i.e. suppressors). The M4s have flash hiders by default but they don't function.

@Delta_Boy said in Suggest changing the SEC Marksman's M16 to a Mk12 SPR:

There is no reason why we have choices of two M16s.

Both the Security and Insurgent factions have their own M16 variant. You get both in Coop as Security because you get all Insurgent weapons.

last edited by MarksmanMax