Runing with a pistol animation

Dear developers, сan you transfer the animation of running with a pistol (vertical position) on hardcore to the regular game?

last edited by SandMartin

@SandMartin said in Runing with a pistol animation:

Dear developers, сan you transfer the animation of running with a pistol (vertical position) on hardcore to the regular game?

You know, I could second this, as the HC animation makes a bit more sense than the regular one.

However, it's been said that the soldiers taking place in the conflicts in Sandstorm aren't professionally trained, so I think the default pistol running animation does work.

last edited by MarksmanMax

I want this too!

I'm sort of tired seeing the same animation for pistols when running. Most FPS games do this paired with having the pistol held with only one hand.

Also just saying, but the current running animation for the pistol looks like the guy is shuffling/jogging over sprinting. The arms & hands move too close to each other that make the animation look like the soldier's dancing or something.

That animation is from a James Bond movie. Real soldiers don't aim up with a pistol while keeping their finger on trigger. That's just stupid.

I think the normal animation is more realistic. You wouldn't swing your pistol that much though. You'd just keep it pointing down forward finger not on trigger.

last edited by Action83

@Action83 said in Runing with a pistol animation:

That animation is from a James Bond movie. Real soldiers don't aim up with a pistol while keeping their finger on trigger. That's just stupid.

I think the normal animation is more realistic. You wouldn't swing your pistol that much though. You'd just keep it pointing down forward finger not on trigger.

I think the most realistic pistol animation would be the animation for most, if not all, primary weapons, where the weapon is pointed down and to the left. That way, you could still bring the pistol up quickly. EDIT: You actually said that nevermind lmao

The issue with the pistol aimed upwards occurs if the enemy tries to grab the pistol and go for a disarm. It's harder to counter that when you're holding the pistol up as opposed to down, especially since you've got limited movement with your arms and hands being so close to your chest/head. You're also giving the enemy an easy method of putting a bullet in your skull with your own handgun with the gun towards your face.

last edited by MarksmanMax