Keyboard Input Dropping

Is there any confirmation about the Keyboard input not working properly? Every time I play this game I randomly stop moving or doing whatever action as if I let go of the key. It happens constantly and makes the game almost unplayable. Is there a solution for this?

Been happening a lot to me the past few days. Particularly with moving forward which is my A key.

Been happening to me since I bought it yesterday. Its INSANELY annoying when Im trying to run away from zombies and I just stop like I hit an invisible wall.

I have heard a few others with this problem and from my perspective it REALLY sounds like a sticky key issue, but it is entirely possible I am wrong, maybe try messing with those settings, press shift 5 times rapidly to open those settings.

@REHZIX84 I understand the issue is hard to believe as a problem with the game, but i guarantee it is the game causing this. I play many different games that require the use of the "W" key and this is the only one that drops input.

The worst part is it isn't consistently dropping input. It happens randomly. But when it does its extremely annoying.

@REHZIX84 said in Keyboard Input Dropping:

I have heard a few others with this problem and from my perspective it REALLY sounds like a sticky key issue, but it is entirely possible I am wrong, maybe try messing with those settings, press shift 5 times rapidly to open those settings.

Nope, has nothing to do with SHIFT. Even just jogging while holding 'W' it will just stop randomly. Same with holding 'E' while trying to lay traps. Heck I've even noticed it a few times while holding 'LMB' for full auto weapons.

i have the same issue too. PC world war z but it seems like is not getting fixed or acknowledge by them. kind of frustrating when the key randomly stop.

After tonight I made a promise to myself that I'm done playing this game until this is fixed. Its literally gamebreaking for me. In a game where survival depends on running away from SPRINTING zombies, and my guy/gal stopping dead in their tracks and having to realize it, then lift off and repress the W key is just absurd. I'm done.

I am still getting this after the latest patch. It is infuriating. It effects all actions. It is extremely noticeable when trying to aim and it keeps flicking between aiming and hip firing.

@Vascuas said in Keyboard Input Dropping:

I am still getting this after the latest patch. It is infuriating. It effects all actions. It is extremely noticeable when trying to aim and it keeps flicking between aiming and hip firing.

Thats the one thing I dont have a problem with oddly enough. Everything else is affected though.

@KingNothing said in Keyboard Input Dropping:

hats the one thing I dont have a problem with oddly enough. Everything else is affected though.

I come to join as another affected by the same problem, I hope they solve it, because it is impossible to play like that.

Same here. It was fine when i first bought the game couple of days ago, now it drops my input when walking or aiming after a 2-3seconds.

Continuing to have this problem. Really hope the devs can at least acknowledge it so it gets fixed before the end of this year.

try plugging your keyboard into a main USB of your PC

Can confirm, this is an issue I have as well. running, running, running, STOPPING. Hope they fix it soon.

@LanternNick
i was under the impression that's normal, i.e your character runs out of stamina. They stop running but continue to jog?