Super AI has killed it for me.

I know I.S. has always had that system in place where the AI are like professional baseball players who can hit a gnat off a rats ass through a closed window at 500m with a laser guided burning bottle.
But since this update the AI are absolutely ridiculous. And I don't mean tactically good sort of ridiculous. I mean lucky as F ridiculous! If you wanted to make your game a little bit more challenging (which i agreed with), make the AI act that way. Nobody cares to have a "play dead" suicide bombers pop up off the floor you just cleared to detonate and wipe out the entire team on objectiver F! That type of AI is NOT fun to play. I mean if that's the case, then introduce 'push' button nukes so all we have top do is RMB and poof...game won. O.o
ie: 700 hrs / level 351

The AI has been broken since beta. Don't expect it to improve.

AI is still one of the best one out there!

Where you here when the AI were even harder, would sprinting one tap headshot you with an RPK from 200m away and they would molotov and frag nade snipe you with perfect precision and timing even through the most obscure cover and from insane distances?

Atleast the AI did get toned down, and Insurgency needs decent AI so its not a walk in the park every match.

@Depleted said in Super AI has killed it for me.:

Where you here when the AI were even harder, would sprinting one tap headshot you with an RPK from 200m away and they would molotov and frag nade snipe you with perfect precision and timing even through the most obscure cover and from insane distances?

Atleast the AI did get toned down, and Insurgency needs decent AI so its not a walk in the park every match.

Lol, they still do this. Nothing has been toned down.

It's almost like people start believing their own reality. The AI hasn't been touched in a way that, we the players would experience anything different. Molotovs and grenades are still being thrown more precise than a laser guided missile from a plane, the AI is still sometimes as dumb as a rock, while sometimes they just insta headshot you... while sprinting... while you're in cover... while they're on fire. Okay maybe not the fire part, but you get the idea.
THIS AI IS NOT FUN. It's terrible. All they did was get a dumb as shit AI sometimes very good aiming which comes out of a random generator and boom. This is basically russian roulette with extra steps. Because no matter how tactical you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how much experience you have or how you exploit the game. The AI will find you, and it'll kill you.
FIX IT GODDAMNIT

Personally its the 100% accurate molotovs that make me triggered, I can accept everything else even the AI shooting me through the walls as I move behind the walls and somehow the AI knows EXACTLY where I move behind a wall in which there is no line-of-sight from the AI's perpective.

@KahleKingzTV said in Super AI has killed it for me.:

Personally its the 100% accurate molotovs that make me triggered, I can accept everything else even the AI shooting me through the walls as I move behind the walls and somehow the AI knows EXACTLY where I move behind a wall in which there is no line-of-sight from the AI's perpective.

I had a friend who got shot at by an AI and took off running horizontally from him behind this like, sheet metal fence on Farmhouse. The AI dumped his entire mag exactly at my friend's location regardless of where he was.

@AncientHoplite said in Super AI has killed it for me.:

Lol, they still do this. Nothing has been toned down.

Yeah, but honestly, not as bad. It's only worse than before if you're playing Hardcore Checkpoint.

@LetsGoChamp I have a post detailing every AI problem here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/39249/the-current-bot-ai-bugs-suggestions-tactics

I swear, I've had to link that to so many other threads at this point because there are so many AI complaints.

@Sgt-Kanyo said in Super AI has killed it for me.:

It's almost like people start believing their own reality. The AI hasn't been touched in a way that, we the players would experience anything different. Molotovs and grenades are still being thrown more precise than a laser guided missile from a plane, the AI is still sometimes as dumb as a rock, while sometimes they just insta headshot you... while sprinting... while you're in cover... while they're on fire. Okay maybe not the fire part, but you get the idea.
THIS AI IS NOT FUN. It's terrible. All they did was get a dumb as shit AI sometimes very good aiming which comes out of a random generator and boom. This is basically russian roulette with extra steps. Because no matter how tactical you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how much experience you have or how you exploit the game. The AI will find you, and it'll kill you.
FIX IT GODDAMNIT

I don't always agree with your take on game mechanics, but you're spot on here. Increased difficulty should increase the tempo and cost of player decisions they need to make to remain in control, it shouldn't be some random punishment to kill players who actually play tactically.

I stopped playing Coop months ago because the AI does things that I'd get banned for doing in PVP. It's just not fun.

last edited by skillet

@LetsGoChamp I'm not sure if you've seen this, but I created this video with some random free editing software that I think you'll get a good chuckle out of.

Youtube Video