Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request

@ILuvSandstorm said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

@AncientHoplite Yes they can track you through walls. On ai difficulty 1.0 they will continue to track you for 4 seconds after spotting you; they can also track you for 4 seconds if they hear you sprinting. All sounds pretty fair to me

I can't believe you want to make the game easier; every situation in that video was avoidable.

Long live hard bots pussies, if anything make them harder.

@ILuvSandstorm The bot that tracked me was 50 metres away approaching a building while I was on the roof crawling on the floor (and where I was crawling had complete cover for protection and visibility), for over 25 seconds, yet he still tracked me, and put over 50 rounds in my exact location as I continued to crawl on the roof. Don't know why you're talking about the video, because I didn't reference it once. I was talking about my own experiences. I don't want the game easier, I want it fair. I want them to be human not Terminators, So don't go calling anyone else pussies you prick.

@AncientHoplite Well i replied to you but the making the bots easier statement was a general sentiment.

I don't know, I feel as though coop is terribly easy. Go from PVP to PVE and their reaction times are 200x times slower than people I've seen.

@AncientHoplite Yes they can track you through walls. On ai difficulty 1.0 they will continue to track you for 4 seconds after spotting you; they can also track you for 4 seconds if they hear you sprinting. All sounds pretty fair to me

I can't believe you want to make the game easier; every situation in that video was avoidable.

So you like the bots being completely broken. Wow.

On ai difficulty 1.0 they will continue to track you for 4 seconds after spotting you; they can also track you for 4 seconds if they hear you sprinting. All sounds pretty fair to me

The fuck is your definition of "fair"?

I can't believe you want to make the game easier...

I want to make the game "fair", not "easy". Also, my bigger post about AI on the General side of things has some suggestions that would actually make the AI harder.

...every situation in that video was avoidable.

First of all, no.

Second, if you say every scenario here is avoidable, then how would you avoid those cases?

Again, I'm down for this. There's a difference between "hard" and "bullshit", however.

@kanneltaja72 said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

I believe the creator of this topic had also this very idea in mind, when he assembled the video. He wants to achieve, that the AI resemble human behavior patters and react within the reasonable tolerance of what is humanly possible. I totally agree with his intentions and will contribute with my own private edit sometime later.

That's exactly what I'm going for. I just want the AI to be fixed; plus, a mod actually asked me to provide video evidence of these bugs.

@kanneltaja72 said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

Although I admit, a lot of the death scenarios in this video could have been avoided (and honestly, I don't understand, why these were included)...

Well, sometimes I do some dumb shit in-game. To be honest, I'd actually argue that most of the time I'm probably not playing smart lmao.

That being said, even if I'm sprinting around a corner with a bot on the other side, I'm dead before I have enough time to engage, retreat, or even process there's a bot there in some cases. Even if I wasn't sprinting and was just walking, I wouldn't have enough time to react and fire before I'd be killed.

I also have clips where I am playing smart and being tactical and I still just get dropped instantly, so what I do doesn't even seem to matter at all.

@Grave said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

So you like the bots being completely broken. Wow.

Yeah, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. I'll just be optimistic and assume he hasn't played enough Coop matches to actually notice the broken shit.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Also, one more thing: At that clip at 7:16, my friend Dallen helped confirm that all three of those team deaths (with him being one of them) was the result of an LMG bot wall-banging him and the teammate next to him. The first guy was also shot straight through the concrete barrier (you can see his MG3 poking through the concrete).

@AncientHoplite Also I forgot to add that if the players makes sounds such as pain from a shot or coughing from a smoke this reveals your position to AI close by too.

Don't you want them to be human?
All this shit is dope.

Tell me one real world human being in the world that doesn't miss the first shot at long range in a quick life and death situation.
Or a human being that can hear footsteps after firing rapidly from his AK from a closed room.

I don't know if you ever shot a pistol in a closed range inside a room. But if you fire one single shot without ear protection, your ears will both ring and kind of hurt, while the ear which side you held the gun at, will go numb for a few seconds. This was with 9x18mm.
I'm not saying it's impossible to track someone on the battlefield, but it's very difficult and you'll never be able to accurately tell where the person is, just because you heard them.

@AncientHoplite There's an unrelated bug they need to fix that causes every other frame to not render buildings or structures in an SLI configuration.

One thing this bug has revealed to me is how the bots behave, since I can see them everywhere on the map because of this bug. And they most definitely have an "awareness" of every player's location, judging by how they behave and move.

Maybe one day a mod will actually comment on/forward this post. Maybe one day.

@MarksmanMax said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

That being said, even if I'm sprinting around a corner with a bot on the other side, I'm dead before I have enough time to engage, retreat, or even process there's a bot there in some cases. Even if I wasn't sprinting and was just walking, I wouldn't have enough time to react and fire before I'd be killed.

I'm very frequently killed pieing off a corner, using my sights, taking it smooth, then a single shot takes off my head before I'm even able to react and pull the trigger. Sometimes before my mind even realizes there's a human-like object there to shoot at.

I'm certainly no 1337 gamer with mad reaction times, and I'd expect to get outgunned by the bots occasionally. But when it happens to me a dozen times in one match, it gets old.

Hello all,

@MarksmanMax Thank you for the clip and the details. This is really helpful. I'll forward your feedback to NWI, so they can look into it!

@chaton said in Examples Of Terminator Bots, Per Request:

Hello all,

@MarksmanMax Thank you for the clip and the details. This is really helpful. I'll forward your feedback to NWI, so they can look into it!

Hey, no problem! Finally got mod recognition lmao.

Also, this post here has a lot more detail about the actual bot issues, which was also in the OP: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/39249/the-current-bot-ai-bugs-suggestions-tactics

@MarksmanMax will forward it along with this one! Thanks 🙂