Helicopters broken in Coop since introduction of .50 Cal Rifles, plus long standing glitch in Appearance menu.

Whether it be hardcore mode or regular mode for Coop, when playing as Security the Commander usually saves the 2 Helicopter supports for the last objective. But since the new patch, the Choppers are completely broken. You call in "Cleric" The Blackhawk Minigun support and more than half the time it gets shot down before even getting a single kill. This is a terrible feeling and a HUGE change from the last Patch. It doesn't get shot down from Rockets, it gets shot down from just a few shots with the God Damned .50 Cal Anti-Material rifles. The same thing happens with "Assasin" the Apache-like Helicopter. It gets shot down after just a couple shots by the incredibly good AIMBOT AI with those Anti-Material rifles. Whereas before you could get over 20 kills every single time using the two Choppers, now you are lucky if you get more than 3. IT SUCKS. The introduction of the .50 cals has completely broken Helicopter support. You NEED to do something about this. Maybe make the bots aim a lot worse when the choppers are around or don't get them ANY .50 cals at all, at least at the last objective. Did you guys not think at all about how the introduction of .50 cal Antimaterial Rifles would have on the Helicopter gameplay?? Please Please fix this. I HATE calling in "Cleric" only to have it be shot down immediately... and that's how it happens the majority of the time... It sucks.

A similar issue is with the Seeker Drone for the Insurgent side. It ALWAYS gets shot down. ALWAYS. Please make it so the AI does not immediately shoot down the Drone, it is one of the only things we get on the Insurgent side in hardcore mode. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix these two huge issues.

A long-standing glitch in the Appearance Customization menu is the color of the "Combat Glasses/Goggles" along with the Insurgent's "Aviators." No matter what color you pick, they ALL end up being a shit brown color. This glitch has been present even before the patch that introduced "Combat Goggles." Then for a while "Combat Goggles" were the only Eyewear that you could actually see the color on... BUT you just had to screw it all up by introducing the new patch and not playtesting any of the huge amounts of glitches that plague the Appearance menu. I'm just going to talk about the colorless Glasses/Goggles glitch though because it has been SO prevalent that it is just insane that it has not been fixed by now. I REALLY want to be able to see the color of my Character's Combat Goggles. But now I can't, It's shit brown in every single menu and even in gameplay too. So please do something about this already. Polish your game.

Also, a random thing I noticed is that the custom color you pick your for backpack and armor goes back to basic when you die, kind of a strange glitch.

So please please please fix the Bots absolutely ravaging the Helicopters with their stupid .50 cals. Make it harder for them to shoot them down. The same with the Seeker Drone. And fix the missing color glich for the "Combat Goggles/Glasses" and "Aviators" and we'll be good to go! I'm loving this game, it may be my favorite shooter ever, it just NEEDS that polish. Focus on polishing your game before rushing in new content. I love you all! Thanks for your huge amount of work bringing this amazing game to us!

I have to agree. Previously, the helo getting shot down was a rare occurrence and could be chalked up to bad luck, but in this patch you're practically guaranteed to lose a helicopter every single game.

@BigBossNass I've actually had decent experience with the helicopters, but it is random. Sometimes they'll net you 20 kills and other times they'll die immediately.

This is a terrible feeling and a HUGE change from the last Patch. It doesn't get shot down from Rockets, it gets shot down from just a few shots with the God Damned .50 Cal Anti-Material rifles.

Actually, no. I'm pretty sure I've never seen an Insurgent use a .50 to actually shoot down a helicopter.

Did you guys not think at all about how the introduction of .50 cal Antimaterial Rifles would have on the Helicopter gameplay??

Actually, they did. They were designed to help counter helis and Techs, and I think that that's a good idea as hitting a heli with a rocket was near-impossible IMO.

There's a different problem, though. With the addition of the .50s, the helicopter rotors can now be taken out which will cause the helicopter to crash. Now, the .50 Cals are excellent at doing this as they only need a single shot to hit either rotor, but I found out that you can actually take down the rotors with most weapons in the game:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I only needed five shots from a FAL or ten shots from an M4A1 to take down a military-grade Blackhawk.

A similar issue is with the Seeker Drone for the Insurgent side. It ALWAYS gets shot down.

This has been a thing since the Betas. Don't expect this to get fixed.

I don't know much about the eyewear bugs. Definitely not enough to talk about them tbh.

last edited by MarksmanMax

The solution is obvious, we need tactical nukes.