M150 ACOG optic not available to Security?

Although Sandstorm's setting is not supposed to be entirely analogous to the real world, it seems very strange that the ACOG sight, which in real life is adopted and used by the US and the UK's armed forces at a huge scale, and is a common sight on soldiers' M4, L85A2, Mk18, and M16 rifles, should not be available to Security, but instead to the less well-funded Insurgents, under its American designation M150, no less. The M150 used to be available to Security during the game's beta, and so I wonder, is this a mistake?

m150_acog.jpg

last edited by Luri

This is absolutely true! The only reason I can think that they would choose to omit the ACOG from Security loadouts is to maybe allow Insurgents equal variety as they don't have the other fancy 3x/4x scopes? But still, it's a NATO scope that is a MUST HAVE for security. Who cares if Insurgents have one less optic than Security??
Devs, please hear us out :))

@Astronaut_Watney said in M150 ACOG optic not available to Security?:

This is absolutely true! The only reason I can think that they would choose to omit the ACOG from Security loadouts is to maybe allow Insurgents equal variety as they don't have the other fancy 3x/4x scopes? But still, it's a NATO scope that is a MUST HAVE for security. Who cares if Insurgents have one less optic than Security??
Devs, please hear us out :))

The competitive cry babies would cry about how unfair and unbalanced the game was based around one optic being unavailable.

My only thought as to why the acog was removed is because they didn't renew the licence due to cost and the game being a flop when it came to sales so they lost the right to use it, that or something else which makes a lot less sense.

How are licenses involved in this? Even if licenses are involved, the ACOG is still in the game for Insurgents, so clearly there are no issues with that.

A flop? It made the new and trending tab on steam sales for longer than most triple A titles these days.

I think the C79 and SpectrDR are enough for right now but I wouldn't mind if they added some new ones for Insurgents and Security.

Also, C79 is the best bang for your buck.