Need More LMGs

Currently we have 2 per faction, an LMG and MMG. Both are great for their roles but mostly require a stationary firing position. I'd like to see machine gunners be more mobile, and I believe the RPK and Ultimax U100 would be great additions. The fire rate and magazine of a LMG with the mobility of an AR. Would love community or dev feedback. Also I'm the guy who keeps asking for mitznefets please please pretty please!

An Mk48 would be really appreciated for the Security.
I don't like to pimp the M249, but since the Mk48 has so many rails, I'd love to put a lot of shit on it.

The RPK absolutely needs to get added (back) to the game. I'm not sure the Ultimax U100 is really within the scope of the game, I don't think very many are seeing service in the Middle East. A better alternative for Security might be to add the M-27 IAR. Bonus: it might stop some people from whining there's no HK416 in the game :face_with_stuck-out_tongue:

(Super technical note: the M-240 and PKM are considered GPMGs, not MMGs)

last edited by MAA_Bunny

@MAA_Bunny that's true, I knew that but was tired haha

@Sgt-Kanyo I'd prefer a brand new weapon with rails instead of another adaptation of the FN Minimi

@Sgt-Pepper said in Need More LMGs:

RPK

Couldn't a Rifleman technically just slap on a bipod and drum mag on an AK, and call it a RPK?

@AncientHoplite the RPK is much longer and is made to sustain fire for a longer period of time. It's a similar weapon, but definitely not the same

@Sgt-Pepper said in Need More LMGs:

LMG

I think RPD and M60 for Insurgiend will be better.

Hello all,

Thank you for this feedback! I'll pass it on to the team!

The M249 PIP now includes a caliber change kit, with a bolt/feed tray/cover/barrel that are set up for 7.62 NATO.

I had it in my theater as an option, could be an easy way to add bigger firepower to LMGs by giving us an intermediate sized large bore machine gun between the SAW and 240B.

If it comes with the ridiculous fire delay mechanic seen in the MG3, then please no.

They are all unusable, so why add more?

@Grave said in Need More LMGs:

8991004f-b6b9-43a6-80b3-e5c99bbf96a7-image.png

last edited by kanneltaja72

@Grave said in Need More LMGs:

They were pretty much unusable. Since the recoil has been toned down a bit they're difficult to use well but totally usable.

Well, they are unusable to me. If I go have to go gunner then I just use a pistol.

@MAA_Bunny said in Need More LMGs:

they're difficult to use well but totally usable.

Youtube Video

@kanneltaja72 said in Need More LMGs:

@MAA_Bunny said in Need More LMGs:

they're difficult to use well but totally usable.

Youtube Video

To be fair, they're probably talking about PvP and not Coop lmao.

LMGs are typically more effective when you just use them as a battle rifle, though.

@MarksmanMax said in Need More LMGs:

to be fair, they're probably talking about PvP and not Coop lmao.

That entered my mind, of course, but 1) I don't play PvP at all 2) the name of the topic didn't specify a certain gametype. The last time I tried to play pvp was in CTE. I wanted to test the new Ministry map (no coop atm). I gave up after 3 minutes of waiting in the lobby. In short, not my cup of tea. Played PvP a lot before and coop is like a breath of fresh air compared to that.

@AncientHoplite

This is what I like to do sometimes. But the extended mag is better really.

@PlPPlN said in Need More LMGs:

But the extended mag is better really.

True. Nothing beats wasting 10-12 bots coming dutifully one after the other. Feels beyond satisfying.