Increase weapon damage

Re: Increase the damage values

As mentioned in my old post a long time ago and mentioned in other posts as well, we'd really like to see increased damage values, since this just doesn't feel realistic at this time. Bots and players are acting like nothing happened, when they get shot. I mean this game is advertised as realistic, with low TTK (time to kill), but it honestly feels like COD singleplayer (instakill for headshots, but at least 2-3 shots to the chest with ARs) at this time, except the bots you shoot, do not react to getting shot other than a headbanging motion (like it was some weird rock concert).

Also there are some really weird damage values, that doesn't even make sense. For example the 7.62 rounds making the same damage as the 5.56, while it has been reported by actual people in battles, that 7.62 is much more lethal.
What I don't get it, is that in one of the updates, the SCAR-H was fixed so nicely, it was always 1 shot to the chest and the opponent was down, maybe 2 for the legs, and then another update came and it was switched back. An unarmored haji bot got a nice shot in the back, exactly into the spine and yet he does a flinch animation and keeps walking away like nothing happened.

Please do something about this, THIS is one of the reasons the old Insurgency was so good. Because it wasn't just about running around like a headless chicken. If you did, you died.

The armor in this game is pretty much useless and it might protect you from 1 shot maximum, so I do not see the problem.

@Sgt-Kanyo said in Increase weapon damage:

Bots and players are acting like nothing happened, when they get shot.

I agree this is a problem, but if weapon damage gets increased so that everyone just dies when they get shot, what's the point of wearing armor?

I think a better solution is adding stronger reactions to being hit, both for players and bots. I'm totally fine with someone not instantly dying if I shoot them in the pelvis or upper leg - that's even realistic - but I'd prefer they not be able to immediate sprint away, or even keep sprinting without skipping a beat.

Then again with the broken hit registration in this game you can shoot an enemy multiple times and sometimes nothing will happen.

last edited by Grave

I mean this game is advertised as realistic, with low TTK (time to kill), but it honestly feels like COD singleplayer

I've been comparing this game to Battlefield recently. It has nothing in common with Insurgency.

@Grave said in Increase weapon damage:

The armor in this game is pretty much useless and it might protect you from 1 shot maximum, so I do not see the problem.

The problem is two-fold. That's one part of it. The other part is that you still can't one-shot a guy even if he isn't wearing armor at all. It's a shitty compromise. Armor doesn't protect you and you don't die in one shot.

@MAA_Bunny said in Increase weapon damage:

I agree this is a problem, but if weapon damage gets increased so that everyone just dies when they get shot, what's the point of wearing armor?

Well, can NWI at least make it so unarmored players die in one shot from most calibers? That's the really frustrating part for me. At this point, I almost just want classic AP/HP back so I could at least one-tap people. That's why Ins2014 was so fun.

Then again with the broken hit registration in this game you can shoot an enemy multiple times and sometimes nothing will happen.

It's really fun to shoot someone in the chest with a bolt-action and watch him walk it off.

You can one shot enemies with a high caliber. . .

Oh wow so in a realistic game the .50 cal (that in real life penetrates APC armor) can actually kill a person in one shot? Thank you for that lol
Meanwhile bolt action sniper rifles and EBRs with their 7.62x51 round cannot kill in 1 shot.

Oh wow so in a realistic game the .50 cal (that in real life penetrates APC armor) can actually kill a person in one shot? Thank you for that lol
Meanwhile bolt action sniper rifles and EBRs with their 7.62x51 round cannot kill in 1 shot.

Nope, you are just posting nonsense. The bolt actions kill in one shot.

Nope, you are just posting nonsense. The bolt actions kill in one shot.

Is that so?
Have you tried shooting at long range on the Precinct map for example? Or at the last checkpoint on Crossing? It's not always one shot. Hell, it's not even always one shot to the chest. And we're talking about 100-150 meters there. These snipers are designed to kill at much much longer ranges.
Same goes for the M14. The M14 doesn't even kill in 1 shot on shorter ranges all the time.

Seriously what this game needs is 2x the weapon damage it has right now.

It is always one shot. It is high caliber and armor piercing, so there is nothing to stop it killing in one hit. Lower calibers can be stopped by armor.

It is always one shot. It is high caliber and armor piercing, so there is nothing to stop it killing in one hit. Lower calibers can be stopped by armor.

Grab an M14 EBR and play with it. It's NOT always one shot kill to the chest. Let alone to the limbs. Not even in CQB.
Don't spread bullshit.

@MAA_Bunny said in Increase weapon damage:

Bots and players are acting like nothing happened, when they get shot.

I think a better solution is adding stronger reactions to being hit, both for players and bots. I'm totally fine with someone not instantly dying if I shoot them in the pelvis or upper leg - that's even realistic - but I'd prefer they not be able to immediate sprint away, or even keep sprinting without skipping a beat.

Yeah this guy gets it.

That's totally fine by me. I've mentioned that a few times as well. Even in COD if you shoot a bot, they stop firing and hold their shot limb in pain, or fall over from being shot, but then get back up and start firing again.
Same goes for the STALKER series, if someone gets shot, they react to being shot.
Still I maintain being shot in the chest needs to be an instant kill for at least 7.62x51 weapons, but even 5.56x45. Occasionally they might survive, if they weren't hit directly, but maybe from a weird angle, I can understand that.

You say this, but goddamn I've had a lot of cases where a bot shakes off an M24 and even a Mosin round. Maybe its poor damage, maybe it's bad hit detection. Who knows.

last edited by MarksmanMax