I've had the game since release and uninstalled for space. I noticed it was getting positive attention as of lately and decided to reinstall. Come to find out, i cant even play the game. I get into a lobby, sit for 20 seconds lagging to hell then get kicked for anti cheat violation or failed steam authentication. I have ethernet connected to a FIOS router so its not an internet issue. I don't even have cheat engine.
Can you try the following steps and see if the issue still persists?
- Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
- Right click on Insurgency: Sandstorm > Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the BROWSE LOCAL FILES button.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder and run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe application.
- Select Insurgency: Sandstorm and click on the Repair Service button.
For any issue with Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), please follow the instructions provided by the EAC Support for Insurgency: Sandstorm: