Just make a goddamn Ins2014 mode already...

I already suggested this but I still think you should really do it. Soften the shit out of the base Versus gamemode for the sensitive crowd and remove friendly fire and remove vote kick. Maybe add a chat filter that bans toxic words... I don’t know and don’t care but just give me a mode that is just like Insurgency 2014. Problem solved. Not everyone has to play it. Fuck splitting the community it’s already split. Let the people who loved 2014 for what it was and thought that was what they were getting just on a new engine play this mode! Win win if you ask me. You could even go R6 styles and ban people for calling another person stupid or gay... just not for Versus Hardcore. You made a hardcore mode for Co-op which I don’t give two shits about so now give Versus a hardcore mode.

Imagine a world where guns hurt eachother and people didn't run around like Nigerian athletes for reasons other than being issued concrete shoes.

In other news I completed every single achievement in Day of Infamy yesterday. Good game, would recommend to anybody who wants something like what Sandstorm is falsely advertised to be.

last edited by Whitby

@Whitby Lol I was playing DoI like a week ago! Great game.

@Whitby said in Just make a goddamn Ins2014 mode already...:

In other news I completed every single achievement in Day of Infamy yesterday. Good game, would recommend to anybody who wants something like what Sandstorm is falsely advertised to be.

oof.

At first, I was disappointed by Day of Infamy because I thought it would just be WW2 Insurgency (although it wasn't really advertised like that anyway), but it's a pretty good game. Good shit getting all the achievements; I'm still working on some, but some of my achievements are bugged (i.e. the grenade ones) and I can't seem to get those, ever.

@planetcanada I'm probably gonna start a thread about a similar mode later today or something.

The problem is the map and game design nwi took. The game plays much better than insurgency 2014 but the maps are the worst.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/40447/sandstorm-does-not-feel-like-insurgency
This might seem like a long post that doesn’t make sense but it just summarizes to saying that when you make maps around shit mechanics that you think are cool in a game where the core mechanics of the game don’t work well with those ideas, you start to make shit. Your maps become like shit because calling in an attack helicopter is much more important than making a map around the hardcore ground combat. No one gives a fuck about your new features when they don’t work well with the game’s core

If you want to play Insurgency 2014 on the better of the two engines, play Insurgency 2014.