Gun/Weapon Suggestions and Ideas.

Hey, So Recently saw the developer's on a live stream and they said if they have any Gun/Weapon Ideas you should make a list and put them on the forums. So, Here I am I have made this list for some of my Favorite guns that I think would be suitable for this Game. If you have any Guns that I have not listed feel free to Post them!

Assault Rifles:
SC-2010:
1200px-RIFLE_SC-2010.jpg
AK-74 BULPUP
AK74 BULPUP.jpg
BULLDOG RIFLE
BULLDOG.jpg
FN-F2000
FN  F2000.jpg
FN-FNC
Fn FNC.jpg
H&K-416
HK-416-5links.jpg
H&K-433
HK-HK433.jpg
IMI GALIL
IMI GALIL.jpg
AK-74
MODDED AK74.jpg
FN-MTAR21
MTAR 21.jpg
FN XM-8
Xm8_sideview.jpg
ACR
ACRRIFLE.jpg
FN-FAMAS
FAMAS.jpg

Sub- Machine guns:
AR-PDW
AR PDR.jpg
CA-SKORPION
cz skorpion.jpg
FN-P90
FNP90.png
H&K-MP5K
MP5K.png
FMG-9
FMG-9.jpg
H&K MP-7
MP7.jpg
PDW-R
PDWR.jpg
H&K MP-9
TMP-MP9.jpg
MAC-10
MAC 11.jpg
KRISS VECTOR
VECTOR.jpg

Shotguns:
KSG
KSG.jpg
MOSSBERG 500
M500.png
MOSSBERG 590
M590.jpg
M1014
M1014.jpg
SASG-12G
SASG 12.jpg
UTAS-12G
UTAS-2.jpg
FRANCHI SPAS-12
SPAS 12.jpg
STRIKER-12G
STRIKER 12.jpg

Handguns/Sidearms:
FN-57
FN 57.png
FNH TACTICAL
FNH.jpg
FN-X45
FNX45.jpg
H&K-45
HK45.jpg
MK-23
MK 23.jpg
.45 SAMURAI'S EDGE
SAMURAI.jpg
SPRINGFIELD XD-45
SPRINGFIELD XD45.jpg
USP-40
USP 40.jpg
BARETTA PX4 STORM
P4 STORM.jpg
KAHR CM-9
CM9.jpg
HI-POINT (For insurgents)
HI POINT.jpg

If you have any more ideas please let me know! I pretty much just went off the top of my head to find these ones.
Thanks guys!

last edited by The4thEye

That's an extensive list. There's some good ideas and some crazy ones. For what it's worth, here's my feedback:

@The4thEye said:

SC-2010:

This is really just a cosmetic change to the FAL that's already in the game, I don't think it needs to be a different weapon. The FAL we have can do everything that can.

AK-74 BULPUP

This is a prototype that as far as I know never went into production and is not used by anyone.

BULLDOG RIFLE

The SRSS is also a prototype marketed primarily at civilians and police agencies. I'm not aware of any military units even considering it. A better option here would be the Desert Tech MDR, which still isn't used by any military force, but is at least a unique rifle rather than a conversion kit. (It's also not an assault rifle, this would be a Marksman weapon).

FN-F2000

Maybe. It's a little out of scope for the game, but is used by Saudi Arabia so it's not entirely unlikely for it to show up in the type of conflict Sandstorm portrays.

FN-FNC

This is a good one. It's a standard service rifle used by several NATO armies. While in some sense it is "just another 5.56mm rifle" it does at least look a bit unique.

H&K-416

This one gets asked for a lot. There's not much point, it would be nearly identical to the existing M-4A1 or Mk.18 depending on barrel length. This is a better option for a mod, and I'm sure someone will make one.

H&K-433

This is just a prototype at this point, it's not in production, and not used by anyone. It might (probably?) replace the G-36 in German service, but that's several years out at the earliest right now.

IMI GALIL

Yah, this is technically already in the game, you can use it offline using the console commands. Don't know why it hasn't been actually added yet, it may be with one of the coming updates. It was a favorite of a lot of people in Insurgency 2, I'm surprised it hasn't made a formal clearance yet.

AK-74

The AK-74 is already in the game. An AK-74M would be cool, but could just be a weapon skin or mod.

FN-MTAR21

I'm not sure what you mean by FN-MTAR21. The image you used is a CTAR-21 Tavor, made by IMI not FN. The Tavor is planned to come to Sandstorm in a future update.

FN XM-8

Another incorrect attribution to FN - the XM-8 was made by H&K. It was only ever a prototype, though it advanced quite far into production, it was never acquired by any military for service.

ACR

Only ever made for and marketed for civilian use. Not in use by any military anywhere in the world.

FN-FAMAS

This would be a neat addition to the game, though with the VHS-2 in the game now it would be a bit redundant. I think I'd rather see the AUG added for another 5.56mm bullpup service rifle, since it's more visually unique. Both would be within the scope of the game though.

AR-PDW

Any number of various 9mm AR conversions could be cool. But there are so many other unique 9mm SMGs out there, I don't think we really need another AR in the game.

CA-SKORPION

CA? Should be CZ. This is the sort of thing I was talking about above: I would LOVE to see a Skorpion Evo in the game. It would be far more unique and cool than any AR varient. The SIG MP-X would be another good choice for this roll, but I'd prefer the Skorpion. Also, it should be the full military version, not the silly arm-brace pistol version for US civilian use you have pictured (though, I really want one of those for myself IRL).

FN-P90

I'm not sure this is in scope for the game, but it's unique enough to be interesting. I'd use it.

H&K-MP5K

We already have several variants of MP-5, I'm not sure what an MP-5K would add. That said, like the Galil it is in the game files and was in Insurgency 2, so we might see it later.

FMG-9

Prototype that never went into production.

H&K MP-7

We already have one of these in the game.

PDW-R

Another prototype that never went into production.

H&K MP-9

Not H&K. The MP-9 is made by the Swiss company Brügger & Thomet, who purchased and modified the TMP design from Steyr in 2001. I'm not sure how useful a compact machine pistol would be in Sandstorms more open spaces, but it could be fun to have.

MAC-10

If the MP-9 gets added, this would be a decent Insurgent equivalent.

KRISS VECTOR

It's a cool design, and fun to shoot, but it's not really in use by anyone at all, much less anyone who would reasonably be in the middle east.

KSG

Yup, this would be a good one. There's another thread on here specifically talking about adding this. It would be cool and unique, while still being a pump action.

MOSSBERG 500

I'm not sure what could possibly distinguish this from the 870 already in the game. They barely even look any different.

MOSSBERG 590

Same as above. Though if you mean a stockless version, eh, maybe as a breaching specific weapon, but otherwise fuck shotguns without stocks. They suck.

M1014

Another great gun that I would love to see added to Sandstorm. There's been lots of discussion over the gameplay dynamics of semi-auto shotguns, but I'd love to see them.

SASG-12G

I'm not sure where "SASG" comes from, but the Saiga-12 would be the obvious choice as they Insurgent equivalent of the M-1014.

UTAS-12G

The UTS-15 is a prototype, not in use, and as far as I know has been an abysmal failure due to uncorrected reliability issues.

FRANCHI SPAS-12

A good option, it could even be added as a pump only gun so as not to offend the people who think semi-auto shotguns would be too powerful. It's unique and iconic.

STRIKER-12G

My initial thought is "oh god, no" - but it could actually be pretty fun as an Insurgent weapon. Though, brace for complaints about incredibly long reload times.

FN-57

This would be pretty cool, especially if the P-90 were added. It would be a unique and different gun.

FNH TACTICAL, FN-X45, H&K-45, SPRINGFIELD XD-45, BARETTA PX4 STORM, KAHR CM-9

All good options, but I don't think any of them would bring anything unique to Sandstorm. We already have a bunch of pistols that perform almost exactly the same.

MK-23

This would be pretty interesting as a Security Adviser weapon. Not sure what the Insurgent side one would be though.

.45 SAMURAI'S EDGE

LOL, no.

USP-40

There aren't presently any .40 pistols in the game, which seems like a missed opportunity with the number of nearly identical 9mm pistols we have. The USP is a reasonable candidate to add a .40 gun.

HI-POINT (For insurgents)

LOL. that would be interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! Alot of the guns i posted i didnt know the origin and like i said kind of just off the top of my head and some suggestions that i thought would be cool. Most of the ones that are wrong is a typo lol but u get the Gist of it. I definitely missed some one thats you mentioned but nonetheless would still be cool to see in the game.

Here is new ukranian AK-74 bullpup modification, called 'Malyuk', or 'Vulkan'
alt text

It's not just prototype, it's in army already (I saw it on parade).

Custom bullpup AKs are not entirely uncommon in the Syrian Civil war. I suppose now's as good a time as any to shill for my own list of weapon suggestions. I've done my best to make sure that, from the most part they have documented use in the various conflicts Sandstorm takes inspiration from

@MAA_Bunny iMi Galil and TAR-21. I'd reinstall the game just for the sake of these (then uninstall probably, but it's another story.)

Some of them maybe useful

The game has a gaili in the game files and for some reason the devs don’t want to add in animations and sound

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your feedback! I'll pass these suggestions on to the team!

Holy sheet I agree with all of these, love the bulpups, especially FAMAS, TAR, new smg's would be nice. In that case some close-quarter maps would be legit, love the Outskirts map having the mix of close and far range.

i don't like this "ak is for terrorists" thing.

ibesides, them terries got m16a2 -- why not add some russian guns to Security loadout? they already have russian Flora camo available

I second the semiautomatic shotguns, would add more uniqness to the breacher class.

The Mossberg would best be represented as the 590a1 SPX with 8+1 capacity and bayonet lug (trench gun)?

The .40 USP is for the security would be a nice balance between the .45 and 9mm crowd

For insurgents the Glock 22 in .40 would be interesting to see as it's counter part.

@lafoxxx92 the reason they have m16a2s is because IRL the commanders in some middle Eastern nations get given those rifles by the west and turn around and sell them to finance their own interest or to buy other equipment for their soldiers.

Those rifles have very often been seen in bad guys hands.

Security has the alpha AK. A good "AK" would be the VZ 58 used by the slovakians who are present in the middle East.

@Uther419 That's cool, but I've also heard they're adding advanced guns like VAL, Vintorez to Insurgents' arsenal. These guns were never supposed to be used by anybody but Russian special forces units.
Considering there is Russian uniform camo available for Security ("Flora"), why not add some (new) Russian guns (not necessarily AK, but some special weapons, like VSS/Groza, but more new instead) to their loadout as well?

However, if the game depicts some kind of "proxy war", where Russians are on the "bad guys"' side (providing Insurgents with special weapons, or just disguised to look like Insurgents), I'm okay with that. In that case it'll be simpler to remove Flora camo from Security selection.

last edited by lafoxxx92

I see your point on the more modern Russian weapons being in the hands of security.

I agree that it really depends on the context of this war that is taking place in the game.

Perhaps the AK-12 or RPK-16 could make an appearance if the insurgents get rpks and rpk 74.

I also kinda hope the pkp pencheng shows up.

@lafoxxx92 said in Gun/Weapon Suggestions and Ideas.:

@Uther419 That's cool, but I've also heard they're adding advanced guns like VAL, Vintorez to Insurgents' arsenal. These guns were never supposed to be used by anybody but Russian special forces units.

It seems that the Insurgent Adviser is Russian special forces, they've already got the Alpha AK.

@MAA_Bunny AK-Alfa is U.S./Israeli design

"the core of the current AK Alfa rifles are Russian-made Saiga semi-automatic carbines in 5.56mm (.223) and 7.62mm (semi-automatic or converted to select-fire by CAA)."

source:
about:reader?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmodernfirearms.net%2Fen%2Fassault-rifles%2Fisrael-assault-rifles%2Fak-alfa-eng%2F

Modern weapons are often a collaboration between producers not giving two shits who is fighting who in a war, so which country manufactured which gun hardly matters in a fictional war, and often in reality it does neither.

Even in ww2 which is old news:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/profits-ber-alles-american-corporations-and-hitler/4607

In Syria:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-military-aid-to-al-qaeda-isis-daesh/5548960

Osama (look at the agreements chapter):
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_assistance_to_Osama_bin_Laden

Proxy wars are the name of the game in modern warfare, and again, who produced which weapon originally should be no major concern for NWI as it is a real mess and plausible weapons switch sides both intentionally or unintenionally in a lot of wars both in reality and in computer games:

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-states-are-turning-proxy-war-29677