What black mark on the cheek really mean?

@Fortune86 Well we saw your mom and she looks near death. I do hope we experience the high death toll on the island as a real gut punch.

I think if we fail to get the cure (for whatever reason) we will get a 'everybody dies' ending. How many people die as part of the plot should maybe vary depending on your choices?

@Fortune86 This is most likely the case. People will die depending on our choices as they should.

I'm thinking that the Malichor affects the Natives differently from the colonists and that's what's give the Natives there ability to use nature magic. It might might be the reason why everyone is coming to the island to find a cure. Also maybe the first explores got the disease from the Natives

last edited by Nm6k

Beside black mark, Siora's face have nothing on it. Other native have tattoo or paint their face. But Siora don't have any of them.
Siora also few of them that have horn. what make Siora special?

@Nm6k Uh it's the other way around. The disease is why they left Serene in the first place.

@Ben-Kenobi said in What black mark on the cheek really mean?:

Beside black mark, Siora's face have nothing on it. Other native have tattoo or paint their face. But Siora don't have any of them.
Siora also few of them that have horn. what make Siora special?

Apart from Siora most of the other Natives we've seen have been in combat. Maybe it's a warpaint thing?

I'm not sure if the horns are actual horns or head decorations.

@Fortune86 Some of them wear mask that have horn(on battle and ritual scene). But I think Siora, that guy who also have black mark and one of the elder have real horn.

@Ben-Kenobi Siora is going to be special in some way, that is a given. Not sure what the horns signify.

Is it bad that I don't want a Pocahontas situation? I don't want Siora to be like an uber important member of her people.

In a video i saw a crown made of wood being used by the natives. Matbe having wood horns represent being a village chief or future village chef.

@Fortune86 I still thinking about her being half-breed. That why she forbidden to paint/have tattoo like other and can infect by malichor.

@Ben-Kenobi said in What black mark on the cheek really mean?:

@Fortune86 I still thinking about her being half-breed. That why she forbidden to paint/have tattoo like other and can infect by malichor.

I'm not sure that the timing matches up for Siora to be half Native. The Island was apparently only discovered 15 years ago and Siora looks older than that.

In fact she had better be older than that. Fantasy 17th century game or not, I'm not going to support underage romances.

@Fortune86 First invader/settle may arrive 15 year ago but the one who discover the island must be older than that.
Also distant between main land - Teer fradee must not that close since they just discovery them.
And I don't think they can go back to island right after heard the news. Preparation for supply and soldier should take at least year or two.

I think De Sardet arrive at Teer Fradee 18-19 or even 20 years since first discover.

So we don't know when the island was discovered, just when the first settlement was made right? That was 15 years before the events of the game as I recall. I don't think we will have a Pocahontas situation but as I recall from last year's E3 her mother was the queen so she is a princess in that regard. The horn is likely their version of a crown. I also don't think she is half native. There is nothing to indicate that.

Also she looks like she is in her 20s at least.

last edited by Red Leader

@Red-Leader

I'm late as hell to this discussion because I forgot my login information, whoops

Anyways, I'm personally a fan of her horns, although we'll probably have to wait till we play the game to find out their significance. (I would guess it has something to do with her being the daughter of their queen/leader person, but idk)

My chances of having her as a romance option are 50/50 at this point, it's down between her and the other girl.

Hopefully her friendship route is fleshed out as well. I want to learn as much as possible about the natives, since they are by far the most interesting faction to me.

If they really did change it so that natives aren't immune, it'll be cool to see how their faction plays into finding a cure.

@Skylar-O-Shea Hey stranger.

@Red-Leader

Meowdy-do! (Yes, cat puns are cringy. No, I won't stop using them)

Haven't talked to you in forever and a minute. Congrats on getting Siora conformed as an available option! I'm gonna want to hear how your playthrough went when you finish

Off topic: I watched The Rising of Shield Hero and it was amazing. Thank you for introducing me to what is now on my list of top five anime series ❤ I don't know who I have a bigger crush on, Naofumi or Raphtalia XD

Back on topic: I also like the idea of the disease effecting the PC as the game goes on. Creates some good plot urgency. I like having the main character deal with their own morality instead of becoming god-like levels of powerful.

last edited by A Former User

@Skylar-O-Shea Yea buddy, congrats on you as well! Looks like we are gonna have pretty different playthroughs haha, can't wait to hear how yours went. Raph was best girl last two seasons haha, glad you liked the show! Same as well. I hope they have a tragic ending if you absolutely screwed everything up, not enough game devs are brave enough to do that.