MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019

Hello MudRunners!

We just put out a small update for MudRunner on PC, with a new addon for the GMC DW950 and some bug fixes. Here are the patch notes:

• Fixed a sound-related crash
  • GMC DW950 now has its own unique cistern addon
  • 2 new vehicle parameters exposed via XML for modders, both in "Motor" section:
  • EngineResponsiveness (defaults to 0.04), controls how fast the vehicle accelerates in response to user input.
  • ClutchDelay (defaults to 0.1), idle engine time after changing gears in automatic gearbox mode.
  • Random addons don't spawn for vehicles in proving grounds
  • "RELOAD" in proving grounds now updates textures the same way as "UPDATE"
  • Minor legacy camera position fixes

We know you're all eager for some news on the sequel, and trust us when we say we're eager to share some! Hold on tight, it's on the way. 🙂

Have a good one!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

wow, that's unexpected! thanks for the update.

Unexpected but very welcome! I'm curious about the new settings for engine and clutch, there may be more of such "adjusting screws", a parameter for fuel consumption would be at the top of my wish list. Thanks for the update!

thanks guys, waiting for mr2 news patiently 😇

@Jellyfoosh guys there is bug that lift other trailers in the air if its attached on new cistern

20190807183648_1.jpg

same thing happens with lumber trailer and everything

last edited by zamal

Thanks @zamal I've passed this along to the dev team.

@zamal said in MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019:

@Jellyfoosh guys there is bug that lift other trailers in the air if its attached on new cistern

20190807183648_1.jpg

same thing happens with lumber trailer and everything

And if you detach it and attach it again it lifts the truck on the back 😉

20190807180118_1.jpg

The quickest solution would be to change the offset: Offset="(-1.07; 1.1; 0)"
Then the side connections clip a little into the tank but the trailers can be coupled and are not blocked in curves.

Ant its confirmed that consoles won't have this update...since its too complicated to approve it with ms and sony.
Well, bad news...but its good that mr is alive.
How you will use new parameters? To slow down gear shifts on old trucks?

Thank you for the patch. It's good to know MR is still getting some attention. So is the old SpinTires, BTW...

However, apart from the new bug reported above there are still some issues present, first two of which rather glaring:

• playing a while with an nVidia card (maybe AMD too, don't know) will lead to textures lowering in quality;
  • the automatic gearbox always downshifts to 1 from any speed;
  • tires spin too much on pavement;
  • Chevrolet Napco has FWD as standard;
  • Western Star 6900xd has no front half-shafts;
  • Chevrolet Bison front axle isn't properly connected to springs;
  • objects (foliage mostly) switch to low-quality variants even if in front of you depending on truck and camera position (most noticeable in forests);
  • too much LOD switching right in front of you for mud and foliage as you drive along;
  • Maz 538 still has a torque value of 120000 instead of 220000;

We would like some of these issues fixed, please.

last edited by XenoRad

@XenoRad said in MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019:

objects (foliage mostly) switch to low-quality variants even if in front of you depending on truck and camera position (most noticeable in forests);
too much LOD switching right in front of you for mud and foliage as you drive along;

These two are annoying.

the automatic gearbox always downshifts to 1 from any speed

I agree with all of the points you mentioned, and they've been mentioned before by other people. But regarding this particular one, the last time I tried MR it was partially fixed. However the transmission is still too biased toward shifting to 1.

BTW, the date of 7/8 is confusing. It should be 8/7 or 7.8. To me it reads July 8th.

There's still another bug, this one's minor, but it's been there since AW, where the long log cart on the US trucks is duplicated, both the trailer part and the part that goes on the truck. The parts are under 2 different names.

last edited by Unster

@Unster its European, and since this game is from here they say it like day/month/year

@wrangmog I know, but my understanding was that Europe generally uses periods, not slashes, which makes it clearer that the day comes first. If that's how they normally write dates in France, then no worries, but I thought they could be trying to emulate the American way but the way they did it is wrong.

@Unster said in MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019:

the automatic gearbox always downshifts to 1 from any speed

I agree with all of the points you mentioned, and they've been mentioned before by other people. But regarding this particular one, the last time I tried MR it was partially fixed. However the transmission is still too biased toward shifting to 1.

Right, I stand corrected. It almost always downshifts to 1. When it doesn't it's usually on very level ground -concrete. Otherwise you can forget about smooth downshifting while on rough ground or slopes.

@XenoRad Yup, ST's shift logic is much better. I think even the older versions of MR had this correct, but it was broken later.

I don't want to sound rude, but I think Saber needs to spend more than a few minutes releasing a patch for MR every several months and instead dedicate some full time to fixing all or at least most of the remaining issues. It would give them a better reputation, something that could be helpful with MR2 sales.

last edited by Unster

Will Xbox get the cistern, too?

last edited by rage607

@Jellyfoosh said in MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019:

We know you're all eager for some news on the sequel, and trust us when we say we're eager to share some! Hold on tight, it's on the way. 🙂

I'm holding onto those handles on the roof of that yellow D-535 while it's violently speeding towards a huge mud pit of MudRunner 2 news so very tight, it's unreal!

last edited by 8x8