Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

alt text

Hello everyone,

We’re incredibly excited to officially announce SnowRunner, the sequel To MudRunner! Dive into our trailer here:

Youtube Video

Living up to its name, SnowRunner will feature vast snow maps to get lost in, along with a ton of new vehicles, missions, and gameplay to keep you coming back for more. And don’t think we’ve forgotten about the mud - SnowRunner will of course also feature snowless maps where you can wrestle with the mud to your heart’s content.

SnowRunner launches in 2020 on PS4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Game Store. After months of teasing, we’re happy to unveil more about the game. Starting today, we will share regular news on what’s going on in development with new screenshots, videos, and updates. All this news will be consolidated every month in our Monthly Community Updates!

SnowRunnerFORUM.jpg

We can already confirm that, as you would expect, SnowRunner will feature mod support on PC at launch. We owe so much to our mod fanbase and their endless creativity, and we can’t wait to see what they will create with our new and improved tools! We’ll share more details about this topic in the coming months.

Snowdrifts are a unique new feature, utilizing unprecedented physics simulations. Customize your vehicles both visually and practically in order to tackle some of the most hostile environments on Earth. With the fully-synchronous multiplayer, all of this can be experienced with your friends.

SnowRunnerFORUM2.jpg

Join the SnowRunner Discord!

The official SnowRunner Discord is now available! Hang out with the team, make new friends, and discuss the latest news! https://discord.gg/ZBEqKhy

Thank you all for your excitement and passion, and keep your eye on our social media accounts in the near future.

The SnowRunner Team

last edited by Netheos

wait what? why did u change the name, mudrunner 2 was great title.. 😃 im just playing great to hear some official news, snow looks amazing so far and all the new trucks oh Boy oh Boy cant wait!

hey guys join in, lets break down every detail of this trailer to pieces 😍

As a Mudrunner Fan i am really very Happy for this massive reveal and as its release i am really sad that its not on steam and its on EPIC.

Mudrunner is driven by community and workshop items, but i dont see that there in epic..... why not release on steam as well?!

@Naruto-Kaneki said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Mudrunner is driven by community and workshop items, but i dont see that there in epic..... why not release on steam as well?!

Hi, as explained in the article above, SnowRunner will feature mod support on PC at launch.

@Netheos I saw that , i trust Focus and Saber not Epic. The thing is most of my friends use Steam, if i cant play with them then whats the point

@Netheos yes @Naruto-Kaneki is right, can u clarify it game is going to be exclusive on epic store?

Was ready to pre-order any day, i follow every news on this forum and social media, but this exclusive thing is what bothers us. Anyways just my thoughts.

Screenshot from 2019-08-21 15-59-55.jpg ![0_1566383774383_Screenshot from 2019-08-21 15-59-55.png](Uploading 100%)

Hi @zamal, yes the game will be exclusive on the Epic Game Store on PC.

@Jellyfoosh oh... how u gonna manage modding community? EGS dont even have a workshop

so we will have to upload our mods and maps on third party sites? like good old times ha?

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Jellyfoosh oh... how u gonna manage modding community? EGS dont even have a workshop

so we will have to upload our mods and maps on third party sites? like good old times ha?

We'll share more about that as we get closer to release. But keeping the mod community active on SnowRunner was a top priority.

2020? Ugh. Could be dead by then.

@Jellyfoosh Is it the standard 1 year deal???
And after that year there is possibility to appear elsewhere like GoG/Gamepass/Steam/... ?

@Netheos said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

keeping the mod community active on SnowRunner was a top priority

yeah, well let me tell you friend u just did exactly opposite of that there

steam workshop was great thing for modders, especially after u added maps on it, it was success but moving to epic store, oh boy thats a huge Oopsie right there baby, its no secret that everyone hates their forceful tactics of ripping games out of steam and claiming them under the exclusivity title, as if they developed or funded those games, its not right from u SABER to treat community liek this for 18%... i dont think u will profit from that deal as lot less people will buy the game on EGS!

i dont know what to say, this is horrible decision.

@zamal
I can tolerate this not being at steam, although workshop is quite handy. BUT I mean it has to live up to the hype this time...

If it is the same MudRunner but with like minor tweaks and no actual new gameplay features and mechanics, I hate to say this, but this will be the last time I have paid for pretty much the same game over and over again.

Good luck guys, and hope devs got something really nice coming up for us this time.

This is so fluffing awesome. Can't wait to play in same snow.

Holly mother of...!!! I just got to work and saw the trailer! I'm so happy! @zamal sure! let's deconstruct the trailer and see what we can find! I'm in for that!

In the other hand, I have to say that I'm also disappointed to see this Epic store thing. I just don't own any game from there and don't want to install this app on my PC. Is there any way to get the game outside the EGS? Like a physical copy or something?

@Mr-Lolos i could also tolerate and say "okay they need more shares, epic has better revenue split" if that store had a WORKSHOP, yes i could somehow close my eyes and go on with it but how is thsi going to work now?

they will probably have to make some sort of official modding site, where we have to go and download mods from and manually apply in game.. idk im very frustrated

@deathcoreboy1 yeah lets do it but my mood has kinda shifted after this epic store news.. physical copy would be great, if they could implement mods and maps in the game itself and make some sort of workshop inside it then that would be solution and we can all forget this epic store bullshit

last edited by zamal