Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

alt text

rtx on? ray-tracing confirmed for MR2? or its just cause nvidia is providing all those computers for event

The Gamescom pic with RTX there isn't an indication of what's coming to SnowRunner. We will discuss technical specifications and support at a later time.

What's with the forums saying I don't have privileges?

last edited by kingnightshadow

@cav00man there always is a chance, but little one as i agree with what u said

@Jellyfoosh no microtransactions? okay thats a + thanks god we got that out of way

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

The Gamescom pic with RTX there isn't an indication of what's coming to SnowRunner. We will discuss technical specifications and support at a later time.

so no. okay

last edited by zamal

@Lombra said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Unster There's no mystery. It's obviously about the money. You hadn't heard about Android up until one day either, and iPhone was the only serious smartphone, yet here we are. There are some valid concerns about the Epic Store, but "it being new" isn't one of them.

@Lombra ...Its not the new thing about the epic store, i dont hate them but the strategy and the nasty tactic that prevents gamers from using and playing games on other pc platforms, which to me is slap to games on the exclusive thing that they introduced, which increases chances of people pirating the game rather than buying it.

Wow! Did you was talked all night? Lmao Good to know there is no microtransactions.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@Jayson said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@deathcoreboy1 I can't upload pics either😐

Obvious restriction in the forum discussion

@deathcoreboy1 im trying to chill out bro, but its not working.. this was one of my favorite franchise of all time, ur right names not a big deal but everytime i think about this i remember EGS and i get Fking annoyed again and again and again and again and again......... oh fck man.

i would happily pay triple A price for this game if they bring it on steam full on 60$, i just want game on steam.

@zamal well said 🙂

@zamal Bro, come on, cheer up 😃 I miss your optimism!

@Hegz said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

yeah... I already own and have installed 2 of this game already... the bigger maps and career/fllet vehicles was barely enough to convince me to get it on steam... if its only on epic games... then , well, I see a resurgence of steam workshop items appearing again haha. number of people who stumble across these games from scrolling steam and buy them vs the 1-in-100 of those people wo might have an epic games store account and probably haven't opened it in a while LMAO what were you guys thinking??????? Even just selling it on your own website would be a much better alternative to EPIC... and steam is the ideal solution... ya'll crazy

@Hegz good thinking @Jellyfoosh could u guys sell out keys on ur store to link it on steam, or is there restrictions as well.

@Hegz

@Hegz said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Netheos said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Naruto-Kaneki said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Mudrunner is driven by community and workshop items, but i dont see that there in epic..... why not release on steam as well?!

Hi, as explained in the article above, SnowRunner will feature mod support on PC at launch.

i think the workshop and steam friends list and games library accessibility is what people care about... not mod-ability haha. Think you folk are shooting yourselves in the foot big time... just my view.... but hey

@Hegz all the features on steam, on of my points were the friends on steam, i cant form new friends on epic just with this game there. in steam i can convince my friends to buy the game. which is a lot fun compared to this.

So there is a common point between global and russian community - all hate epic.
Before it there was a huge point in russian community - all, all hate hate the devs for not fulfilling some early promises like tracked vehicles.
Now all hate hate hate the devs for epic (and most russians still whining about tracked vehicles).

F..ck...i dont care about these tracked vehicles (THAT TO DO WITH THEM??? so sloow, no appropriate swamps on maps and even if they add it - you cant tow anything by it in such deep mud), and i dont care about epic! Im on xbox, but even if on pc - ok, now this game will be on other platform, you lose some comfort, but it is as it is, stop whining and spamming!
Im pissed off by these haters. Devs and publishers trying to develop franchise, in proper direction (bigger maps, more vehicles, proper cockpits, snow and ice, more cargo and mission types, and many many more), and keep franchise profitable (in order to develop it more).
All haters want the opposite - devs get less money, franchise dies, and we play first parts till the end of the lifetime, hating and hating everybody! Bullshit.
(Really - these stuppid russian community in VKontacte believe that devs MUST give them MR, MR2 for FREE since they bought Spintires FIVE years ago (for some 20$) and devs promised these f..ing tracked vehicles and something else. So devs and pubs must live and work for 5-10 years from these 20$???? So stuppid!!!

@Stazco said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

So there is a common point between global and russian community - all hate epic.
Before it there was a huge point in russian community - all, all hate hate the devs for not fulfilling some early promises like tracked vehicles.
Now all hate hate hate the devs for epic (and most russians still whining about tracked vehicles).

F..ck...i dont care about these tracked vehicles (THAT TO DO WITH THEM??? so sloow, no appropriate swamps on maps and even if they add it - you cant tow anything by it in such deep mud), and i dont care about epic! Im on xbox, but even if on pc - ok, now this game will be on other platform, you lose some comfort, but it is as it is, stop whining and spamming!
Im pissed off by these haters. Devs and publishers trying to develop franchise, in proper direction (bigger maps, more vehicles, proper cockpits, snow and ice, more cargo and mission types, and many many more), and keep franchise profitable (in order to develop it more).
All haters want the opposite - devs get less money, franchise dies, and we play first parts till the end of the lifetime, hating and hating everybody! Bullshit.
(Really - these stuppid russian community in VKontacte believe that devs MUST give them MR, MR2 for FREE since they bought Spintires FIVE years ago (for some 20$) and devs promised these f..ing tracked vehicles and something else. So devs and pubs must live and work for 5-10 years from these 20$???? So stuppid!!!

@Stazco , i understand your point. Just that we will support developers, in some countries there is no compatibility of dollar conversions which epic has , steam supports many currencies. There is a conversion fee, it varies from minimal to huge in some countries. And the restriction of the game just because its exclusive is the problem, all we need is to also have an alternate option, no one is asking them to remove from epic. We are asking to release it also on steam and other platforms or direct release like ubisoft with dedicated servers. There is time for release if "epic" can develop that feature as the devs think so can focus , given this is one of the best sellers .

@Naruto-Kaneki
Yes. Maybe you lose some comfort. Its bad. But better than no new game at all.
And maybe you will not lose it - it will be on your steam later. And some GoG was confirmed by community manager.

@Stazco said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Naruto-Kaneki
Yes. Maybe you lose some comfort. Its bad. But better than no new game at all.
And maybe you will not lose it - it will be on your steam later. And some GoG was confirmed by community manager.

@Stazco , same just need a confirmation when it will come on other platforms, ready to play double the price on steam. Just need when. Great gday.

Regarding the trailer:

• I am definitely waiting for a long and detailed gameplay showing how mud, snow and ice behave.
  • The vehicles shown are rather standard, no special types are shown. I remember the MR2 survey and there were a lot of interesting vehicles there.
  • Age classification: +3. This worries me a little, because ST had a classification of +7. I don't mind a special game mode or optional simplifications dedicated to young children, but don't forget about adult players expecting game mode or options in the game with realism, without any simplifications.
last edited by knight25

@knight25 said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

I am definitely waiting for a long and detailed gameplay showing how mud, snow and ice behave.

To be honest, they don't do these thing. They haven't done it in the past nor going to do it now IMO. As per the trailer, the mud behaves very similar to MR. The only noticeable improvements are the overall lighting, color palette, rocks and environment design and detailed interiors. Ohh and also the crane mechanics, which are rather a combination of the old crane with the winch.

They said the vehicles will drift in the ice, but as of now, in MR, vehicles drift even in asphalt, 😃 so we''ll have to wait and see.

@Stazco I agree with almost everything, besides the fact that epic move is not only uncomfortable but matter of trust which they ripped out of our hands, forcefully

I get it, u use xbox, u dont really give a shit, but for us steam users is little different dealing with epic.. and once again ur saying that we should be happy for them getting that bonus 18%.. well if you think this deal will be more profitable for devs than, if they were to chose steam again, ur wrong like those ppl who made decision to put the game on epic. Like i already mentioned i will pay full triple A price if they bring game on the steam store and also this game already had many crackers especially in russia, its almost normal to never buy games for russians cause same goes here in georgia, for them buying proper parts for the PC is even a lot, trust me i know. Imagine whats gonna happen now.. obviously no one is gonna skip game if they like it when they see videos of it and many of them wont buy on epic store for many different reason disclosed above,

Some cant for unstable currency options
Some wont cause of Epics asshole tactics they use to grab games and claim their exclusivity, as if they took part in development
For some its about workshop unavailability
Some people have bunch of friends gathered on steam and cant just pack up and move on to hollow store, that dont even have basic chatting features

As you pointed out its sad that conversation has been dominated by this Epic move instead of how game looks and shaping up to be..

TBH game actually looks amazing so far, every department looks to be improved upon. I really like shot of that river crossing with that blue 6x6 it looks super polished, true 2020 graphics amazing environment with vast variety in foliage. No more fog decreasing ur vision and as you said more objectives. All the mud and snow decals look amazing and after inspecting the trailer more than 5 times, i got a feeling that snow will have much different physics when u drive on it than mud, it looks like to be softer and squishier, so the heavier the truck is more chance of getting stuck in snow, compared to mud. Also we got ice, i was impressed how International Scout was sliding across it, really impressive improvement cause sliding or even driving little fast was almost impossible in mudrunner due to its unstable physics system when encountering high speeds, as i see this has been fixed in MR2. We finally got military trucks we asked for since AW dlc, even tho i hate that look on Oshkosh M1070A1 HET (orange and blue) i love that we have feature to customize trucks visually and internally. We can see fully modeled cockpits and on one of the truck i could see reflection in the mirrors. Unfortunately i dont see weather effects nor tracked vehicles as of yet in the video but this might easily be added post launch or maybe already exists in the game but need more polish + 15 maps on launch is much better than what i anticipated initially and also the fact that some of them are 5 times bigger than basic mudrunner maps, does sound pretty unbelievable and exciting, especially for console ppl... i know there is talks going around that consoles are getting mods post launch but i dont believe in that..

there u go, all the positivity i had... i used it to make this preview! 😅

@Stazco I agree with almost everything, besides the fact that epic move is not only uncomfortable but matter of trust which they ripped out of our hands, forcefully

I get it, u use xbox, u dont really give a shit, but for us steam users is little different dealing with epic.. and once again ur saying that we should be happy for them getting that bonus 18%.. well if you think this deal will be more profitable for devs than, if they were to chose steam again, ur wrong like those ppl who made decision to put the game on epic. Like i already mentioned i will pay full triple A price if they bring game on the steam store and also this game already had many crackers especially in russia, its almost normal to never buy games for russians cause same goes here in georgia, for them buying proper parts for the PC is even a lot, trust me i know. Imagine whats gonna happen now.. obviously no one is gonna skip game if they like it when they see videos of it and many of them wont buy on epic store for many different reason disclosed above,

Some cant for unstable currency options
Some wont cause of Epics asshole tactics they use to grab games and claim their exclusivity, as if they took part in development
For some its about workshop unavailability
Some people have bunch of friends gathered on steam and cant just pack up and move on to hollow store, that dont even have basic chatting features

As you pointed out its sad that conversation has been dominated by this Epic move instead of how game looks and shaping up to be..

TBH game actually looks amazing so far, every department looks to be improved upon. I really like shot of that river crossing with that blue 6x6 it looks super polished, true 2020 graphics amazing environment with vast variety in foliage. No more fog decreasing ur vision and as you said more objectives. All the mud and snow decals look amazing and after inspecting the trailer more than 5 times, i got a feeling that snow will have much different physics when u drive on it than mud, it looks like to be softer and squishier, so the heavier the truck is more chance of getting stuck in snow, compared to mud. Also we got ice, i was impressed how International Scout was sliding across it, really impressive improvement cause sliding or even driving little fast was almost impossible in mudrunner due to its unstable physics system when encountering high speeds, as i see this has been fixed in MR2. We finally got military trucks we asked for since AW dlc, even tho i hate that look on Oshkosh M1070A1 HET (orange and blue) i love that we have feature to customize trucks visually and internally. We can see fully modeled cockpits and on one of the truck i could see reflection in the mirrors. Unfortunately i dont see weather effects nor tracked vehicles as of yet in the video but this might easily be added post launch or maybe already exists in the game but need more polish + 15 maps on launch is much better than what i anticipated initially and also the fact that some of them are 5 times bigger than basic mudrunner maps, does sound pretty unbelievable and exciting, especially for console ppl... i know there is talks going around that consoles are getting mods post launch but i dont believe in that..

there u go, all the positivity i had... i used it to make this preview! 😅

@zamal sarcastic truth XD

The trailer looks good but was a bit short. Still, from what was shown the graphics have been improved, the physics have been refined and we'll also be looking at some new gameplay mechanics.

We'll need to see more about the vehicles and maps present but so far it looks good.

However, our reasons for concern grow. We all should know by now that MudRunner still needs a bit of love and issues that have been reported since 2018 still haven't been fixed despite constant requests from the community. Add to this the decision to move SnowRunner exclusively to the Epic store.

The calculation that a higher profit would be obtained by a bigger sales cut may very well be offset by the fact that the Epic store has a smaller exposure among the general public (who might not know anything about SnowRunner but might stumble across it and buy it on a whim) combined with the fact that some of the people who were looking forward to it now have second thoughts.