Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

@zamal hi, where did you get this screenshot? I can’t find anywhere(

@Unster said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@8x8 For sure, new meaningful info is always good.

I was exaggerating a bit when I said I couldn't tell the screenshot apart from MR. But it sure looks similar, especially when it's blurry like that.

Ah, I see. Well, thank you.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@8x8 That would be awesome! I''ve been requesting this kind of under the hood articles since forever. Never got one apart from the ones Pavel himself wrote.

Thanks a lot! πŸ˜„

@Shyrik said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@zamal hi, where did you get this screenshot? I can’t find anywhere(

Hopefully this helps. πŸ™‚

last edited by 8x8

@8x8 Unfortunately, this is not there, so I asked.

@Shyrik said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@8x8 Unfortunately, this is not there, so I asked.

Ah, I know what you mean now... the compass pic!
My apologies.

@markky282009 different developers, Giant software did farm sim, they have 2 console games without mods before they started doing mods.

I got a big question, would it be possible for a physical copy on pc? Or would epic thing prevent that?

Hey friends

Youtube Video

check out this video, This is an Interview with the Creative Producer of Focus Homes, i couldn't understand what they are saying because of the commentary
if there is any one who can help.,Hope we will get more details about Snowrunner

last edited by AP

@deathcoreboy1 Hier!
Oh, that's a lot of (new πŸ˜€ ) information. That will take a moment to summarize and translate.

Edit:
Here we go:

• guy in the interview is a creative producer at Focus Home Interactive
  • there will be autum and winter maps as well as Russian and American maps
  • American maps will be located in Alaska (snow) and probably Minnesota (autum/summer)
  • maps will be somehow connected with highways and tunnels that lead from one map to another
  • there will be new loadings as seen in the trailer and new kind of loadings and loading mechanics ha can't talk about right now
  • SnowRunner will be based on a complete new engine, known from World War Z
  • more licensed vehicles
  • new engine allows better cabin view (dashboard and so on)
  • they will reveal new vehicles and brands over time (we know that from MR)
  • three new materials/overlays for snow maps 1.snow (will feel much different from mud) 2. icy roads and 3. ice (also with new physics for it)
  • there will be addons/ upgrades for trucks like snow chains and snorkel
  • physics has been main task
  • maps will have more themes in one map as they will be four times bigger
  • new MP features (but he can't talk about them)
  • SnowRunner will be a Sequel and not just an upgrade like ST to MR
  • SR will have kind of the same hardware specs as MR, devs tryed to keep it low so MR-players don't need to upgrade there PCs
  • SR will have better graphics
  • he can't talk about the new name of the game (how or why)

At this point they start talking about the different screenshots: https://youtu.be/U01oYJVdpkI?t=686

1. screenshot is about the new filed of view, much higher distance that can be rendered. The truck is an older WesternStar.
  2. screenshot shows a truck with concrete plates that can be used to rebuild a broken bridge (one of the new gameplay mechanics).
    Snow will be much lighter and less sticky than mud.
    The factory in the background is a hint for the different types of missions/ contracts (he doesn't know what it will be called in the final release)
  3. screenshot is similar to the first, same map. All screenshots that have been released are US maps but the RUS maps will have a total new look as well.
    There will be tunnels through the mountains, that can be seen in the far background, to reach another map.
    Mountains in the background are more like the end of the map and not for driving over it BUT all in all the maps will be much higher and with steeper terrain due to the new engine.
  4. screenshot shows one of the new 8x8 trucks with a tube that is part of a new mission that you can play.
    The mud that can be seen in front of the truck is much different from the mud we know from MR, he calls it HighDefinitionMud as the mud will not only have better textures (no more mud chunks on the tires) but also the whole physics will be different and will calculate much more parameters than before.

Puhh, that's all. I guess I covered most of it- there are a lot of new informations, great interview πŸ‘

Obviously I can't guaranty that the translation is exactly what he said as this is a translation of a translation.

last edited by DerEggen

@DerEggen The video above is in German. Would you mind explaining to us what it says? πŸ˜ƒ

@deathcoreboy1 I'm on it, that's a lot of (new πŸ˜€ ) informations. That will take a moment to summarize and translate.

@DerEggen holy shit! can't wait! thanks mate!

I updated my post, this is a summary of the new facts.

@DerEggen said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@deathcoreboy1 Hier!
Oh, that's a lot of (new πŸ˜€ ) information. That will take a moment to summarize and translate.

Edit:
Here we go:

• American maps will be located in Alaska (snow) and probably Minnesota (autum/summer)
  • maps will be somehow connected with highways and tunnels that lead from one map to another
  • there will be new loadings as seen in the trailer and new kind of loadings and loading mechanics ha can't talk about right now
  • more licensed vehicles
  • three new materials/overlays for snow maps 1.snow (will feel much different from mud) 2. icy roads and 3. ice (also with new physics for it)
  • SR will have kind of the same hardware specs as MR, devs tryed to keep it low so MR-players don't need to upgrade there PCs

At this point they start talking about the different screenshots: https://youtu.be/U01oYJVdpkI?t=686

1. screenshot is about the new filed of view, much higher distance that can be rendered. The truck is an older WesternStar.
  2. screenshot shows a truck with concrete plates that can be used to rebuild a broken bridge (one of the new gameplay mechanics).
    The factory in the background is a hint for the different types of missions/ contracts (he doesn't know what it will be called in the final release)
  3. screenshot is similar to the first, same map. All screenshots that have been released are US maps but the RUS maps will have a total new look as well.
    There will be tunnels through the mountains, that can be seen in the far background, to reach another map.
    Mountains in the background are more like the end of the map and not for driving over it BUT all in all the maps will be much higher and with steeper terrain due to the new engine.
  4. screenshot shows one of the new 8x8 trucks with a tube that is part of a new mission that you can play.
    The mud that can be seen in front of the truck is much different from the mud we know from MR, he calls it HighDefinitionMud as the mud will not only have better textures (no more mud chunks on the tires) but also the whole physics will be different and will calculate much more parameters than before.

Puhh, that's all. I guess I covered most of it- there are a lot of new informations, great interview πŸ‘

Obviously I can't guaranty that the translation is exactly what he said as this is a translation of a translation.

Great amigo!! nice info!!! Thank you very much.

So it's going to be a new engine then. I'll have to go see this World War Z game to get a hint.

@DerEggen said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@deathcoreboy1 Hier!

Edit:
Here we go:

• more licensed vehicles

That sounds amazing, thank you.

@DerEggen
You are our hero!)) Thx!
Great news!
Snorkel upgrade - i hope it will not make vehicles to drive underwater, since now they drive rivers like already with snorkel. So it could be great immersion detail (hardcore mode) - you buy stock vehicle and it dont have snorkel. Go to any river - replace engine killed by water strike!) Next time upgrade with snorkel, its much cheaper than engine!))

Concrete blocks!! (for bridge) Can you imagine the load of this truck?) I hope it has dirt tires and 6Γ—6!

New engine? Big risk...now physics are the MAIN factor of MR popularity and addictiveness.
I hope Pavel Z. participate in it by 200%, and satisfied with this WWZ engine...if not - game may become arcade trash(

last edited by Stazco

Any word on the Nintendo switch version? The last update made mention that it might not arrive with the rest of the platforms. Is there still a Nintendo switch version in development?

@Stazco said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

New engine? Big risk...now physics are the MAIN factor of MR popularity and addictiveness.

I don't see it as a big risk. I think the new engine is very welcome, including new physics. I hope they're realistic though, I also don't want "arcade trash" (I like that phrase).

@Shyrik its just a screenshot of far cry 5 i pulled from google, to show the example of horizontal compass. Nothing special

last edited by zamal