Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

@zamal This type of compass looks too artificial. I'd prefer something more traditional. Original MR solution, that will be paired with camera and not sith a truck, nicer textures on it...
This horizontal solution looks like something that modern jet fighters have....

And again we have the same problem ... "we let the journalists play the game and we do not show any gameplay to our players" I guess in the end the journalists will buy the game...

alt text

last edited by TheDeestroyer

I must admit, sometimes I also wonder about the PR strategy.
Here in their own forum you get less information than for example in the interview from Gamescom that I translated yesterday.
There were a few positive surprises in it - so I wonder why such information that the community craves soo much, is not announced here in the forum.
Just the information that the game will run on a new engine would have saved us all a lot of whining because it shows that SR is not just an upgraded MR copy but a true successor.

What I've seen and read since the trailer was released really convinced me! It seems that the developers have implemented a lot of what the players have been asking for for a long time. The new engine promises great innovations and new functions, which I am very excited about.

@TheDeestroyer said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

And again we have the same problem ... "we let the journalists play the game and we do not show any gameplay to our players" I guess in the end the journalists will buy the game...

alt text

INDEED))

I also think going for new engine is big risk, it means they have to take all this code that makes MudRunner physics possible and translate it into a new engine, which isnt as easy as it sounds, but i trust Mr Pavel.

On the other hand, i love that they are going for better, more recent engine. Original one was too old and coudnt hold up to todays standards. Finally we can get better graphics, bigger maps, long distance views, proper cockpit, reflections, normal skybox, weather system, SNOW system, tracked vehicles (possibly) and many more things that was physically impossible on Havok.

Otherwise they would have done it already, it was asked since forever. So i think that was the reason, rusty old-ass engine

@DerEggen Great translation budd, ty a lot. Also i dont wanna sound ungrateful, but asked the guy when i originally saw this video if he was gonna upload raw english version of this video and he said he would after the gamescom so if we missed anything we can get it from there

once again, very appreciative of ur translation

@DerEggen said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Snow will be much lighter and less sticky than mud.

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

after inspecting the trailer more than 5 times, i got a feeling that snow will have much different physics when u drive on it than mud, it looks like to be softer and squishier, so the heavier the truck is more chance of getting stuck in snow, compared to mud

Great, i knew i was on something when i watched that trailer, felt snow behaving little different and glad i was right!

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@DerEggen Great translation budd, ty a lot. Also i dont wanna sound ungrateful, but asked the guy when i originally saw this video if he was gonna upload raw english version of this video and he said he would after the gamescom so if we missed anything we can get it from there

No problem, as I said, it's a translation of a translation so the raw english version or a complete interview in english would be useful- but I'm confident that I covered pretty much all (relavent) of what they said.

@Sodoma said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Check this out, just a thinking material... 🙂
Youtube Video

I agree ,but at this point the players need to see what has been done even if the game is in an alpha stage . Most of them think that this is Spintires Demo 3 - Now with snow , again not a finished game but at full price. So if the journalists can play the actual build I'm sure that they can show a bit of gameplay too, explaining what's new and everything else. If you read the comments most of them are "no thanks" "hell no" and "never again" especially after the Epic Store move.

last edited by TheDeestroyer

@TheDeestroyer
We are still something like 4-5 months to game release, I disagree than "players need to see". We are not on kickstarter here.
Monthly updates are promised, so we will not be completely without informations, but releasing tech demo for journalists? More like committing mass suicide...

@TheDeestroyer this is just a press version. No more than 5% of the whole game. Not a big loss.

I wonder, if the skidder returns, will the blade be useful for clearing snow away from a path 🤔

@kingnightshadow said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

I wonder, if the skidder returns, will the blade be useful for clearing snow away from a path 🤔

Good question...as many others...like WILL WOOD BRANCHES HELP IN DEEP MUD AND BLOCK THE NORMAL ROAD, like we have and appreciate in MR

@Stazco said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Good question...as many others...like WILL WOOD BRANCHES HELP IN DEEP MUD AND BLOCK THE NORMAL ROAD, like we have and appreciate in MR

Like in Mudrunner? All branches does in Mudrunner is get you even more stunk, they are more like driving over rocks then limbs.

@justinlynch3
No!!! I just get it...near kiosks are deeeep mud, yes? and its full of stumps AND small branches...so i found that these small branches located in mud DOES HELP TO TRACTION! As in RL!!! I love it!!)

Another question I have is about a mentioned feature, having multiple winches. Like will it be just winching two trucks together like we already have or will we be able to winch two together and use a second to winch a 3rd truck? Will we be able to connect two trucks then have a winch on the front truck to help pull the trucks if they grow stuck? Will we be able to connect several winches from wine truck to multiple trucks? Also in the trailer there's a spot when the truck wrecks down the hill that looks like it knocked over a tree, will we be able to pull down trees to make our own paths or to make a existing path easier to cross by filling in the mud with said trees?

I have so many questions lol

Another question I have is about a mentioned feature, having multiple winches. Like will it be just winching two trucks together like we already have or will we be able to winch two together and use a second to winch a 3rd truck? Will we be able to connect two trucks then have a winch on the front truck to help pull the trucks if they grow stuck? Will we be able to connect several winches from wine truck to multiple trucks? Also in the trailer there's a spot when the truck wrecks down the hill that looks like it knocked over a tree, will we be able to pull down trees to make our own paths or to make a existing path easier to cross by filling in the mud with said trees?

We can knock down small-medium tree's in Mudrunner, so I wouldn't think to much into it.

@Gamer-4-life said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@REDSTER-85 said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

mod

There is a mod website already http://www.snowrunnermods.com/ people ar crazy :DDD

Literally has nothing to do with what I posted which is "different developers, Giant software did farm sim, they have 2 console games without mods before they started doing mods."