Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Some cant for unstable currency options
Some wont cause of Epics asshole tactics they use to grab games and claim their exclusivity, as if they took part in development
For some its about workshop unavailability
Some people have bunch of friends gathered on steam and cant just pack up and move on to hollow store, that dont even have basic chatting features

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just saw the trailer.

Looking absolutely astonishing, I could not be any more hyped for it!!!
Also very excited to see the new and rehashed C-255 and D-535!

BTW: On the game's icon, that yellow truck - is that a Freightliner FLD 120? (see below)

alt text

I have a a lot of questions, but I will at the moment just ask one:

I know you will be able to change the truck's colour, but will there also be different paint schemes (like you can see in the pic I posted above), where you can maybe alter its colours, like the orange, the black and maybe the white outline individually?

Thank you in advance!
Very very very VERY much looking forward to this game, and all the news updates before it releases!!
Great, great job, Focus! I can't say it enough!!

last edited by 8x8

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@justinlynch3 dude u cant succumb or submit to everything, if ur planning to act liek this u will never get what u want.. do you want the mods console? ask until u get it, u pay money for thsi game its not liek ur getting it for free. i mean im not trying to teach u how to live, but if no one said anything about those decision, it woudnt even be considered bad, just cause i love the game doesnt mean im gonna agree with every decision developer/publisher makes.. and thanks god im not alone in that stance.

look at the comments on the video upload, maybe this negativity and clear backlash will force them to renegotiate deals and bring back franchise on steam, u never know !

I do ask for console mods. I'm just saying I had, and still have enough fun with Mudrunner that Snowrunner is worth the buy to me, even if mods still aren't in.

Please stop whining about Epic Game Store. It could have been worst: Focus could have decided to start their own store. 😁

A glimmer of hope for console mods? link text

@Stazco said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

And maybe you will not lose it - it will be on your steam later. And some GoG was confirmed by community manager.

all i found in that russian facebook page was CM saying you can register EGS and run it through GoG 2.0 ,... so not really a confirmation of GoG ... it was only about creating shortcut ,

tbh kinda sad they dont want to say the "timeframe of exclusivity" outright .... almost every other dev than Saber was willing to confirm it .

My big thing is my friends an I like mudrunner but we play on ps4 an we would like to get mods too why is it that you was able to out mods in farming simulator but you can't on this that's really not right

Well one thing is for sure. This announcement sure brought some life back to this forum, even if it's just for a while.

But as you can see from the comments here and on YouTube, they are overwhelmingly negative regarding the move to Epic. If I were an executive at Focus I'd have second thoughts about this decision, and I probably wouldn't have made it in the first place, unless there was some major annoyance with Steam that Focus hasn't disclosed. If Epic offered extra cash for exclusivity and higher profit sharing, I can see how that could seem attractive, but that's very short-term thinking. Walmart didn't become successful by selling a few things at a premium. They got big from selling large volumes of things, doing it efficiently, and keeping their customers.

last edited by Unster

@deathcoreboy1 said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

We have a new pic guys: alt text

Nice! Where did you find it? 😮

@8x8 Facebook official SR page

EDIT: The FB page is still called MudRunner

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@8x8 Looks like a Freightliner M916A3 to me. Find out more on this thread: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41412/vehicles-list-snowrunner/6

@8x8 Facebook official SR page

Ah, I see. Nice, thanks!

last edited by 8x8

@deathcoreboy1 I can see the guy's neck hair much better than what's on his screen. That might as well be a screenshot of AW and I wouldn't know.

In all seriousness, and putting the Epic BS and name changing aside, I'd say the trailer looks great. I only wish it showed more, but I understand a lot of things are probably not finished.

@Naruto-Kaneki
No, im sure Zamal is honestly saying! Really

@Unster said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@deathcoreboy1 I can see the guy's neck hair much better than what's on his screen. That might as well be a screenshot of AW and I wouldn't know.

In all seriousness, and putting the Epic BC and name changing aside, I'd say the trailer looks great. I only wish it showed more, but I understand a lot of things are probably not finished.

I agree with you, although I can tell it apart from MudRunner. 🙂
I saw the bit about them giving out monthly updates, but I'd love to have weekly ones too, maybe smaller ones, in addition to the larger monthly ones, that maybe go into detail as to how the new game works under the hood (no pun intended), for example how the snow behaves differently to mud, how detailed the cabs will be, or the foliage of each region (Russia, America, Alaska). 🙂

@8x8 For sure, new meaningful info is always good.

I was exaggerating a bit when I said I couldn't tell the screenshot apart from MR. But it sure looks similar, especially when it's blurry like that.

@8x8 That would be awesome! I''ve been requesting this kind of under the hood articles since forever. Never got one apart from the ones Pavel himself wrote.

alt text

So what is that yellow and blue sphere on middle-top of the screen? Are we gonna have horizontal compass instead of compass wheel? I see stripes and lines too something like this

alt text

last edited by zamal