Community Update #1 - SnowRunner

@deathcoreboy1 looks like u can only link in the pictures from browser, no more uploading from ur pc. as for the DMs same for me, i dont have privileges either. idk about login im not going to risk it 😃

last edited by zamal

alt text

rtx on? ray-tracing confirmed for MR2? or its just cause nvidia is providing all those computers for event

last edited by zamal

@zamal Nah, I think its the second option. However, this screenshot provides some of the info you wanted. Mud and Soviet vehicles.

@zamal
"Priority delievery"- looks like w can have several missions at the same time. Good.
Cant wait some stuff from these journalists...i hope not only text and pics but some gameplay videos

@zamal said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

If we forget the epic store relocation for a second there seems to be 3 predominant concern that will bug me until game is released

1. Snowrunner, why did u change the name i really dont get it, as @Unster said does this indicate total change of direction.. Are we forgetting mud. And how much different snow physics are going to be from mud one. I mean i loved idea of proper snow since original sp but if its all about snow... No

2. Showing off tanks as russian side of snowrunner... Is this a joke? Would have been much better if there was uaz or kraz shown, also u guys shying away from showing more than 1 frame of russian snowrunner is really concerning, i think ur direction has shifted so hard towards snow ull forget to bring us some good Russian maps and trucks.. Lets hope im wrong

3. I already asked this but i felt like it was stepping over the line, i thought it would have been very uncharacteristic from devs do treat community like that and bring microtransactions to the game, but after today, after this horrible news about epic game story exclusivity forever... Im really concerned that more crazy things are going to pop up along the way @Jellyfoosh some clarifications on loot-boxes and all that nonsense please

As for new name - they want to split from spintires franchise, so now its SR from creators of MR (instead from creators of ST)

As for russian trucks- im sure they keep all of them (as well as all mr maps, its confirmed), and in trailer they showed 2 new ones - GAZ 69 (old jeep, front is very changed from original...) and BTR (not tank).
I hope its not the only russian additions...and almost all newly introduced trucks have road tires....

@Stazco when they changed to just mudrunner it was fine, it could easily have been mudrunner 2 from creators of mudrunner. calling it snowrunner really restricts the theme and feel of what game brings.. if it was just MR2 it would have been perfect IMO

yes at first i thought gaz 69 was american truck for some reason, but in fact it is russian.. and that btr. i dont know what the f is the point in that
i would love to see new versions of 6 stock maps we had in vanilla mudrunner, especially deluge/island/downhill they have very good design.

last edited by zamal

@zamal Bro, you have to chill out. It's just a title. What matters is the game itself. As of now it looks promesing (apart from the EGS thing.)
They said there will be monthly community updates from now on, so we'll get to know soon.

I'm hoping for the best but have no hype no more, nor have the energy to keep complaining.

@deathcoreboy1 im trying to chill out bro, but its not working.. this was one of my favorite franchise of all time, ur right names not a big deal but everytime i think about this i remember EGS and i get Fking annoyed again and again and again and again and again......... oh fck man.

i would happily pay triple A price for this game if they bring it on steam full on 60$, i just want game on steam.

Umm what how do I copy and paste on a I phone

yeah... I already own and have installed 2 of this game already... the bigger maps and career/fllet vehicles was barely enough to convince me to get it on steam... if its only on epic games... then , well, I see a resurgence of steam workshop items appearing again haha. number of people who stumble across these games from scrolling steam and buy them vs the 1-in-100 of those people wo might have an epic games store account and probably haven't opened it in a while LMAO what were you guys thinking??????? Even just selling it on your own website would be a much better alternative to EPIC... and steam is the ideal solution... ya'll crazy

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Hi @zamal, yes the game will be exclusive on the Epic Game Store on PC.

*face palm *

its either greed or stupidity... or both (aka are they including it in some premium bundle so you guys get paid no matter if anyone buys it on epic or not???) LEL

@Netheos said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

@Naruto-Kaneki said in Community Update #1 - SnowRunner:

Mudrunner is driven by community and workshop items, but i dont see that there in epic..... why not release on steam as well?!

Hi, as explained in the article above, SnowRunner will feature mod support on PC at launch.

i think the workshop and steam friends list and games library accessibility is what people care about... not mod-ability haha. Think you folk are shooting yourselves in the foot big time... just my view.... but hey

2017: Mudrunner
2020: Snowrunner
2023: Sandrunner
2026: Waterrunner
2029: Spacerunner

Jokes aside, when MR was announced and tied with Focus, there was concern that this franchise would turn into a "here's a cashgrab game every other year" sorta deal. I understand that there was/is issues with differentiating from Oovee ST and finding a footing for their vision of the game, but I agree with almost all of the worried comments on this thread and certainly am skeptical of how things are going to pan out in the long term. Some exciting news but it's difficult to focus on it compared to the concerns.

If we forget the epic store relocation for a second there seems to be 3 predominant concern that will bug me until game is released

> 1. Snowrunner, why did u change the name i really dont get it, as @Unster said does this indicate total change of direction.. Are we forgetting mud. And how much different snow physics are going to be from mud one. I mean i loved idea of proper snow since original sp but if its all about snow... No

1. Showing off tanks as russian side of snowrunner... Is this a joke? Would have been much better if there was uaz or kraz shown, also u guys shying away from showing more than 1 frame of russian snowrunner is really concerning, i think ur direction has shifted so hard towards snow ull forget to bring us some good Russian maps and trucks.. Lets hope im wrong

2. I already asked this but i felt like it was stepping over the line, i thought it would have been very uncharacteristic from devs do treat community like that and bring microtransactions to the game, but after today, after this horrible news about epic game story exclusivity forever... Im really concerned that more crazy things are going to pop up along the way @Jellyfoosh some clarifications on loot-boxes and all that nonsense please

Not to be "that guy", but actually watch the full trailer before overreacting. It's said right there that mud maps is still in.

I'm very happy we finally got some news. Good thing about being a PS4 player is there is only 1 possible store game can release on, PSN Store. So this whole Epic Store controversy with the PC crowd has absolutely no effect on me.😛

last edited by justinlynch3

@justinlynch3 well yeah, no shit they have mud maps, im talking about general direction.. what about mods tho? gl with that on ur PSN store 😜

@justinlynch3 well yeah, no shit they have mud maps, im talking about general direction.. what about mods tho? gl with that on ur PSN store 😜

True. But hey I didn't need it to enjoy Mudrunner, so if Snowrunner has the same or more content I think I'll be alright. Don't get me wrong, would be great if they figured out console mods. But if they do, they don't they don't, it is how it is.

@justinlynch3 dude u cant succumb or submit to everything, if ur planning to act liek this u will never get what u want.. do you want the mods console? ask until u get it, u pay money for thsi game its not liek ur getting it for free. i mean im not trying to teach u how to live, but if no one said anything about those decision, it woudnt even be considered bad, just cause i love the game doesnt mean im gonna agree with every decision developer/publisher makes.. and thanks god im not alone in that stance.

look at the comments on the video upload, maybe this negativity and clear backlash will force them to renegotiate deals and bring back franchise on steam, u never know !

@zamal There's no way they're backing out of the Epic store exclusivity deal! It's clear to me that the suits at Focus Home Interactive don't care a hoot about the small, yet faithful community supporting this franchise. Now that they cashed in on the offer, it appears reasonable to sell it as $10 DLC...

Hey @zamal,

SnowRunner will definitely feature mud as you know and love it. The title SnowRunner emphasizes what's new but it doesn't dictate all there is in the game.

Also, no microtransactions.

last edited by Jellyfoosh