2019?

Seeing you guys skipped E3 and Gamescom this year; how about just coming out and saying this game is not coming out in 2019. It would be nice to get some real talk about the game and not the dev speech of "we are working hard on the game."

Getting any information, apart from the default "We are working hard on the game", would go a long way to alleviating concerns of the community.

The majority of the posts here are questions about the game even happening.

There has been so little feedback from the devs that it's hard to drum up interest in the title, which is madness considering how strong a tabletop following both the original and 2017 version have.
There have been press screenings of alpha-builds of the game and alpha-access to some people, so why not build on that and help to drum up the support that the IP deserves ahead of any release.

Personally, as much as I want this to come out, I don't see this coming in 2019. Possibly Q3 or 4 2020?

@djrdavidray

Definitely true.

I'm a huge fanboi for this game but... We hardly know anything about it πŸ˜‚ .
The lack (more like complete absence) of info is definitely a cause of major butthurt for me.

They said "We do indeed have 2019 as the release date".
Then again, there was also supposed to be a road map too.
But even more so, there hasn't been anything besides 1 teaser and 6 screenshots since early 2018.
And there still isn't even a page on steam to at least let us wishlist it.
Hopefully they will let us know whether 2019 is still the plan or not.
I'd rather not have more cases of "Oh i hope they're at E3!" and "Well, there's still Gamescom!" just for it to be nothing.

Something besides "We're still working on it" would definitely be nice.
Especially when like NaloaC said the majority of the posts questions whether or not its still even happening.
And it makes me wonder why they even hired a community manager either.
Not trying to sound snarky or rude. Much love for game and the devs, but I'm just butthurt 😞 .

last edited by A Former User

j aimerai bien savoir aussi , si il est toujours prΓ©vu pour 2019 ...... j’adore mordheim donc impatient pour necromunda .

I mean on the one hand they did do a closed Alpha test, I don't know a lot about game development but I'm fairly sure that having it even remotely playable means they're pretty far along. Coding, modeling, animations and such are the meat of it, so by the time they get something a player can reasonably interact with I assume a pretty good proportion of the game is very far along.

On the other hand they have been pretty quiet. I assume that has partly to do with not wanting to waste advertising money on promoting a game that's not ready to show. Delay's are pretty common in something like this. Personally I'd rather it be late if it means it's going to be done right.

So I don't know. There's still some time left in 2019. Part of it seems to be is not wanting to get swept under the tide of new games. I can see that from a marketing standpoint. From what I see you probably only really want to start advertising about a month before release. I'd say we'll know if it's late November, early December and they don't start promoting the game that it's not going to be a 2019 release. I'd still bank on early to mid 2020 if not.

But yeah, keep in mind they're obviously not going to want to show us stuff before it's done. They'll want to do demos and such, so that means it has to be playable, look pretty, and go through quality control so it doesn't bug out when some journo is playtesting it.

[RF]Frank posted onto discord yesterday that the game won’t be out until 2020. His comment is copied below for your reference.

*Necromunda: Underhive Wars - coming in 2020

Hello folks,

As we are reaching the end of Q3 2019, we feel the time is right to let you know Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be released in 2020.

Our initial 2019 window included a period of Early Access, like we did with Mordheim: City of the Damned. As we moved away from this idea, we reorganized our development schedule, hence the 2020 release.

Somewhere in early 2020 we will share the official release date along with everything that can be expected from a proper communication and marketing campaign, such as screenshots, trailers, and much more.

Rest assured the entire team is working tirelessly to create the Necromunda video game reimagination this great community deserves.

Thank you.*

@almic85
Howdy.
Awesome to finally get some info πŸ™‚
And thanks for letting us know, you rock.

So according to that, we seem to not be getting an early access.
Which means that gem will be done on the day it releases!
And it apparently won't be that much longer! 😱
Now necromunda devs! Tell me of your dlc!
I want cults, I want more and I want stuff! 😡

@GingerRoeBro said in 2019?:

@almic85
Howdy.

I want Ork raiders, Scavvies and Spyrers as DLC, but for now let them work on the base game.
Plus, i don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about. GW hasn't even implemented all houses in tabletop necromunda even tho the announced the Enforcers quite some months ago and the last minis we got were Hired guns and Cawdor bomb rats. I also hope the devs take the injury list from old Necromunda instead of the new one, which is barebones.

Both have a lot of work to do so in the meantime i will torture myself playing Mordheim and racking a couple more hundred hours in it.

@Glarghface said in 2019?:

@GingerRoeBro said in 2019?:

@almic85
Howdy.

I want Ork raiders, Scavvies and Spyrers as DLC, but for now let them work on the base game.
Plus, i don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about. GW hasn't even implemented all houses in tabletop necromunda even tho the announced the Enforcers quite some months ago and the last minis we got were Hired guns and Cawdor bomb rats. I also hope the devs take the injury list from old Necromunda instead of the new one, which is barebones.

Both have a lot of work to do so in the meantime i will torture myself playing Mordheim and racking a couple more hundred hours in it.

That post was jokingly stated.
Of course they are going to work on the base game before dlc.
I figured it was at least assumed.

I haven't really noticed "everyone getting so worked up".

Honestly though, I'm hoping for some of those same things too.
You say GW have not implemented all the houses yet...
Who do you think we'll get in the game then? (not sarcastically)
I figured it was a given that the 6 main houses were a "shoe in".

GW have implemented all six of the base games houses. There have also been a ton of hire able characters produced by Forgeworld and an 'Enforcers' gang ( ie, old Arbites )
I would like to think the PC adaptation will include the six houses at launch with additional gangs to follow. We shall see next year.

@PlatypusErotica said in 2019?:

GW have implemented all six of the base games houses. There have also been a ton of hire able characters produced by Forgeworld and an 'Enforcers' gang ( ie, old Arbites )
I would like to think the PC adaptation will include the six houses at launch with additional gangs to follow. We shall see next year.

Ok, I'm confused now.
Have they or haven't they implemented the six houses?

@GingerRoeBro
We don't know. All we know is that Goliath and Escher are in. There is verticality in the game and they appear to be trying to implement the digital equivalent of "alternating activation". Beyond that, we have zero details.

I would be delighted to see all 6 houses in the base release, with all the extra gangs being DLC, ala Total War Warhammer series.

I don't think that the Houses included in the base game has been officially announced yet, as I think everyone knows they've been playing their cards close to the chest. I kind of have to assume that they're going to do all 6 original Houses. We know they're doing Goliath and Escher but I can't imagine that they'd try to release with only 2. It's just not enough, and excluding any of the 6 is bound to annoy the fans of that gang. Really got to assume that having all the originals is part of the game plan.

It's not like that'd stop them from being able to expand. Still got Chaos Cults, Genestealers, Orks, Spyrers, Enforcers, Ash Wasters and more to add in later.

@NaloaC said in 2019?:

@GingerRoeBro
We don't know. All we know is that Goliath and Escher are in. There is verticality in the game and they appear to be trying to implement the digital equivalent of "alternating activation". Beyond that, we have zero details.

I would be delighted to see all 6 houses in the base release, with all the extra gangs being DLC, ala Total War Warhammer series.

They are all in. Last rulebook i got was the Cawdor one but i need to get my hands on this one tho. The Cawdor rulebook got me very excited because it introduced impressives (models got released recently) into the game as well as psykers. Last announcement was the Enforcers so we can more or less safely say that the base game is ironed down in tabletop.

Necromunda, tabletop, all six House gangs released with rules and updated models.

Necromunda Underhive Wars, Goliath and Escher confirmed. No information as to Delaque, Cawdor, Van Saar or Orlocks as yet.

Just to clarify as it can be confusing for folks which is being talked about.

Thank y'all cause I definitely was getting confused lol.

So, could any of the gangs found here be implemented?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Necromunda

I know that we don't literally know yet cause they haven't said anything still.
I just mean figuratively speaking,

Also, main thing I can't wait for is the stuff from this
http://files.sigil.biz/data/o_deviant_scum.pdf

Cause that would mean!!!!
Daemons and rules for em, Chaos space marine! Eldar! Orks! Beastmen! πŸ™‚

Ooooooh the possibilities!

I would think the first six gangs ( Goliath, Escher, Delaque, Orlock, Cawdor, Van Saar ) will either be in at release or shortly after.

Hopefully, if they are all in at release, we will get the others in the first link as DLC much like we got more warbands for Mordheim.

I think some of the Deviant Scum link is less likely. What I would think are more probable are the Outlander gangs from the original Necromunda expansion ( Named Outlanders )

(https://necromunda.fandom.com/wiki/Outlanders)

So, Scavvies ( Mutant, crappy guns but lots of bodies, big guy called a Scaly who can shoot a harpoon if I remember correctly ), Redemptionists ( Burn all the impure in the name of the Emperor fanatics. Fire. Lots of. ), Ratskin Renegades ( Natives of the Underhive, wear rat skins and use lower tech weaponry including bows, there's a chance this could cause issues given some fairly obvious real world inspiration but I think it'd be unlikely ) and Spyrers, nobles from Uphive who come down to hunt the lowlifes for honour and fun, wearing VERY high tech suits. Small numbers but very, very nasty. )

It also introduced the idea of being Outlawed, which meant you lost your territory, your connection to the Noble houses ( The original six gangs are all Noble house affiliated ) but gained some benefits.

And of course some of the Scum, like Bounty Hunters and dramatis personae ( Named characters ), 'scum' who are basically random low lifes hired, Wyrds ( Psykers, 40k's magic users ), Pit Slaves ( A gang of escaped pit slaves, arms replaced with weapons, usually close combat oriented ) or the Enforcers ( The cops. Well armoured and equipped, usually smaller numbers. )

Genestealer Cults wouldn't be a huge stretch depending how successful it is, Chaos cults as well I could see as a long term one but again very dependent on how the game sells.

While it also introduced Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Daemons, I'd say less likely, simply due to the amount of Necromunda specific things they can add. Those were more a "Hey, let's sell models and give folks a reason to play with non gang stuff" They were usually used as a big guy threat, so your entire gang takes on one Chaos Space Marine, or even multiple gangs take on one Chaos Space Marine. Or a Tyranid Lictor. You know, fun stuff.

I'd love to see multiplayer matches beyond two players, as those were some of the most fun I had in the original game. We shall have to see how far they want to / can push this. There's an absolute treasure trove of possibilities and Necromunda is, as Mordheim, one of the ones that people have been waiting for a PC adaptation of forever.

@PlatypusErotica

Oh, I kinda figured the first six would be them too.
And I liked the way they did dlc in mordheim also.

I really hope the deviant scum do make it in too though,
Those outlanders are awesome! πŸ™‚
I think my favorite of those would be the Scavvies, but it was hard to choose between them and Ratskin Renegades to me.
I'm a huge fan of variety, so that would be really neat to me.
It'd be really neat if you could not only have gang vs gang combat, but even hunt down one of those Tyranid lictor, chaos space marine ect. like a boss fight!
Or maybe have one who happens to just show up during a fire fight.

I'd really like mission variety and wonder if it could be similar to this.
Normal Gang vs gang missions (ambushes possible), Alien hunt, (kinda like a optional boss fight, might run into other gangers hunting it down) rescue missions (if your fellers get captured), territory assaults, Supply raids/defenses
Hopefully they aren't all lorebreaking or not realistic for necromunda, I'd just like some variety if possible . Any other scenarios or quick alternatives in case those suck?

Was there any benefit to being outlawed? The bounty hunters, and dramatis personae seem like a really neat thing too. Also, honestly the player vs player stuff sounds like it would be really fun.
I really hope they keep expanding it. Its got so much to it from what I could see.