SnowRunner - FAQ

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

@zamal said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

Betas are interesting. I hope there actually will be several of them and not 1 which comes month before launch, cause then it dont make sense. I dont believe Devs will be able to fix any of those "bugs" in remaining 3 weeks

Im guessing preorders get access to it?

Also ray-tracing excites me. This series has never been known for its striking visuals but I think its time we get to it

It hasn't? To me MudRunner was a damn fine looking game. Maybe not Horizen Zero Dawn or Death Stranding levels, but it sure as hell beat the shit out GTAV or most other simulation games. I mean MudRunner compared to Farming Simulator or Mechanic Simulator? No contest, MudRunner blew those away graphically.

To me MudRunner is one of the realest looking games I've played. Farming Simulator looks almost to bright and colorful, looks cartoony. And dirt/dust doesn't stick to the tractors. Because yea, a tractors gonna spend all day, hours plowing and grooming fields. And the tires don't even track any dirt and at the end of the day the tractor is still clean and looks brand new. Because that's realistic. ๐Ÿ™„ Next to MudRunner it's no contest.

Yes. Im talking about death stranding levels. As I said its time we catch up to todays standards in terms of graphics. I know many of devs and players are concerned with fact, that they might not be able to run the game at its fullest potential but that shouldn't stop improvement of game. There always gonna be couple of wooden PCs hanging around that want to also enjoy the game but I say turn them settings down, obviously trashy looking farming sim has 0 contest with MR but gta 5? What? Have u played gta 5 on pc with rtx on and redux mod? And u say mr looks better?

Okay, u prefer MRs clashing mud and water physics, I get it but I was talking purely about graphics and not simulation..

I want them rtx shadows and crispy GI in this biach!

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

Betas are interesting. I hope there actually will be several of them and not 1 which comes month before launch, cause then it dont make sense. I dont believe Devs will be able to fix any of those "bugs" in remaining 3 weeks

Im guessing preorders get access to it?

Also ray-tracing excites me. This series has never been known for its striking visuals but I think its time we get to it

It hasn't? To me MudRunner was a damn fine looking game. Maybe not Horizen Zero Dawn or Death Stranding levels, but it sure as hell beat the shit out GTAV or most other simulation games. I mean MudRunner compared to Farming Simulator or Mechanic Simulator? No contest, MudRunner blew those away graphically.

To me MudRunner is one of the realest looking games I've played. Farming Simulator looks almost to bright and colorful, looks cartoony. And dirt/dust doesn't stick to the tractors. Because yea, a tractors gonna spend all day, hours plowing and grooming fields. And the tires don't even track any dirt and at the end of the day the tractor is still clean and looks brand new. Because that's realistic. ๐Ÿ™„ Next to MudRunner it's no contest.

Yes. Im talking about death stranding levels. As I said its time we catch up to todays standards in terms of graphics. I know many of devs and players are concerned with fact, that they might not be able to run the game at its fullest potential but that shouldn't stop improvement of game. There always gonna be couple of wooden PCs hanging around that want to also enjoy the game but I say turn them settings down, obviously trashy looking farming sim has 0 contest with MR but gta 5? What? Have u played gta 5 on pc with rtx on and redux mod? And u say mr looks better?

Okay, u prefer MRs clashing mud and water physics, I get it but I was talking purely about graphics and not simulation..

I want them rtx shadows and crispy GI in this biach!

I play on console so no I've not played gta modded.

@Jellyfoosh All things that we know thanks to this post are good for general users, But We mod makers need more info could you give us some info on this questions?

Q:Will the Vehicles composition (Mod setup/developing) work like in Mudrunner
Q: Will SnowRunner have the same Suspension Behavior as MudRunner? (including its pros and cons)
Q:Will SnowRunner come with a editor and a actual guide of how stuff gets? done and not a vague information and some Near Useless Screenshots
Q:Will SnowRunner Editor (If it has one) come with a Mud To Snow truck/Map Converter/Updater
Q:Will the editor come with Pluggins and a Debugger (Like Spintires and Mudrunner have With the HKDebugger)

really important Question
Q: Will SnowRunner Use Direct X files (.x)?
Q:will SnowRunner give support to Blender User comunity (that each day grows even more)
Q:Will 3dsMax Users and blender users have valuable information for the making of mods (Max polycount that the engine can handle,Max Amount of colision Objects...etc,etc)

thanks in advance for answering these questions

@Forces yup. That'd be nice to know.

Hey @Forces! We plan to make a blog article specifically on the subject of mods at a later date, where we will address questions like these.

Iโ€™d like to quickly set the record straight on the topic of licenses. SnowRunner will definitely have a lot of licenses and completely new vehicles that you havenโ€™t seen in MudRunner. However, licenses in a game do not automatically pass onto a sequel. The business and legal requirements unfortunately donโ€™t work like that. Having said that, there will be Russian trucks, ๐Ÿ™‚ and we canโ€™t wait to unveil all the licenses at a later date!

@Jellyfoosh Oh man, do you always have to be so ambiguous? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Don't really know how to interpret that. Does it mean that there are going to be licensed AND not-licensed vehicles in the game? Or maybe that you decided to go only for licenced vehicles and had to left out those you don't have licences for?
I mean, I thought you were talking about the American wild vehicles and the possible legal issues you were facing while including those in SR until you talked about the russian trucks... but russian trucks were never licensed anyways so I'm lost ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ™‚

I'm going to assume that it's the first one since we saw some "unlicenced-like" vehicles in the trailer.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

Iโ€™d like to quickly set the record straight on the topic of licenses. SnowRunner will definitely have a lot of licenses and completely new vehicles that you havenโ€™t seen in MudRunner. However, licenses in a game do not automatically pass onto a sequel. The business and legal requirements unfortunately donโ€™t work like that. Having said that, there will be Russian trucks, ๐Ÿ™‚ and we canโ€™t wait to unveil all the licenses at a later date!

Aww, does that mean we're lose the awesome FORD LTL9000 from American Wilds won't be carried over, and will now be stuck with that hunk of junk FORD CLT9000 from the screenshots?

Dang, I don't like flat nose trucks, find they rather ugly. They look like a big square box driving down the road. I was really hopefully the LTL9000 would get carried over.

Guess I won't be using FORD anymore in SnowRunner. Will have to move on to Western Star I guess.

last edited by justinlynch3

@justinlynch3 you still have a pretty much "Fordy" GMC on SR

@deathcoreboy1 licences work like that man, i have to re license each ford model I do despite them bein f350 f250 and f150 they all need to be checked and license properly to be uploaded into turbosquid and that can take up to 3 months (yotas are more free about it but yeah each 70 series has to be licensed)

@Stazco "5) all russians are back, +more russians (now its 3 against 12 usa)"

Update: Now there are 5 Russians.
I hear you, man! I want all of my beloved Russian/Soviet trucks and SUVs back and I want more, if that's possible. If I can't use the E, D, K and nearly all C trucks, it will be quite sad, to say the least. B-131 and B-66 as well.

Count me in for beta testing: I can play it at the highest settings at 1440p resolution.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k CPU @ 3.70GHz up to 4.60 Ghz [ark.intel.com]
GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX 2060 XTREME 6G(rev 2.0) RGB [www.aorus.com]
RAM: AORUS RGB Memory 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz [www.aorus.com]
NVMe M.2: SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB [www.samsung.com]
Liquid Cooler: Hydro Seriesโ„ข H80i v2 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler RGB [www.corsair.com]
PSU: RM850x โ€” 850 Watt 80 PLUSยฎ Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU [www.corsair.com]
Motherboard: Z390 AORUS MASTER(rev 1.0) RGB [www.aorus.com]
Case: AORUS RGB AC300W(rev 2.0) [www.aorus.com]

Monitor: Acer Predator 27" IPS 2560 x 1440@144 Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC [www.acer.com]

Keyboard: Anne Pro 2 60% Fully Programmable RGB [en.obins.net]
Mouse: G502 HERO HIGH PERFORMANCE GAMING MOUSE RGB [www.logitechg.com]

@FirebonE said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

@Stazco "5) all russians are back, +more russians (now its 3 against 12 usa)"

Update: Now there are 5 Russians.
I hear you, man! I want all of my beloved Russian/Soviet trucks and SUVs back and I want more, if that's possible. If I can't use the E, D, K and nearly all C trucks, it will be quite sad, to say the least. B-131 and B-66 as well.

I can not agree more.
For me, the most important are:
โ€ข D-535 (OG middle 'cyclops' light on D-535)
โ€ข D-537
โ€ข C-255 (OG lights)
โ€ข K-700
โ€ข A-469 (also OG-grille if possible)

And also, two things I would really love:

1. A macOS version. Doesn't have to be at release if that's not possible, but I would really like it if you did one eventually. SpinTires, MudRunner and SnowRunner would probably all have been for macOS anyway, had Spintires reached its ยฃ100,000 "Cross platform version for Mac" stretch goal on its Kickstarter page. I know the FAQ says "no plans for cross-platform play" but I'd still really like that to happen.
  2. A Russian map, incorporating/merging all of the previous Russian maps (Coast/Seashore, The Hill/Downhill, Plains/The Bog, Volcano, Island, Flood/Deluge, River/Crossing, The Valley, The Ridge), found in both MudRunner and SpinTires. I'd really love to be able to play on those again, in the new game, as I have really enjoyed these in the original SpinTires.
last edited by 8x8
  1. A Russian map, incorporating/merging all of the previous Russian maps (Coast/Seashore, The Hill/Downhill, Plains/The Bog, Volcano, Island, Flood/Deluge, River/Crossing, The Valley, The Ridge), found in both MudRunner and SpinTires. I'd really love to be able to play on those again, in the new game, as I have really enjoyed these in the original SpinTires.

I heard that! I would love that as well. Also, I really, really want the E-7310 and E-7429 back as well. Basically, all of them, if possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

@8x8, many people will probably say I'm crazy, but, I think the E-7429 is better overall than the E-7310. I love them both, just as much as I love the D-535 and D-537, but the E-7429 edges the E-7310 in ground clearance and water crossing. In Deluge, I never receive any water damage with it, while E-7310 can catch some water from time to time. Also, the E-7310 is always under the risk of getting stuck on big rock boulders, IF you are not careful. Sure, it has 1000 hitpoints instead of 600, like the E-7429 does, but, if you are not driving like a madman, you will never get them totaled, anyway. Nevertheless, the E-7310 is still the king of mud. It edges the E-7429 in this field. Not by much, but it is still slightly better. Perhaps it has a better weight distribution, because both of them have the same power parameters.
As an off-topic, the MAZ-535/D-535's middle headlight was fitted with infrared light, so it could be turned on when its crew were using nightvision. In my opinion, that is pretty slick for a truck which was first produced in the 1950s. ๐Ÿ™‚ Wouldn't it be cool to be able to use nightvision in Snowrunner and D-535's infrared "cyclops" headlight? ๐Ÿ™‚ I am overthinking this, I know. :)))

@FirebonE Technically I agree, E-7429 can go into deeper water, But I still prefer E-7310, I love that "proud chin first" design ๐Ÿ™‚

@Sodoma, me too. It is the meanest truck out there. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. A Russian map, incorporating/merging all of the previous Russian maps (Coast/Seashore, The Hill/Downhill, Plains/The Bog, Volcano, Island, Flood/Deluge, River/Crossing, The Valley, The Ridge), found in both MudRunner and SpinTires. I'd really love to be able to play on those again, in the new game, as I have really enjoyed these in the original SpinTires.

I heard that! I would love that as well. Also, I really, really want the E-7310 and E-7429 back as well. Basically, all of them, if possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

@8x8, many people will probably say I'm crazy, but, I think the E-7429 is better overall than the E-7310. I love them both, just as much as I love the D-535 and D-537, but the E-7429 edges the E-7310 in ground clearance and water crossing. In Deluge, I never receive any water damage with it, while E-7310 can catch some water from time to time. Also, the E-7310 is always under the risk of getting stuck on big rock boulders, IF you are not careful. Sure, it has 1000 hitpoints instead of 600, like the E-7429 does, but, if you are not driving like a madman, you will never get them totaled, anyway. Nevertheless, the E-7310 is still the king of mud. It edges the E-7429 in this field. Not by much, but it is still slightly better. Perhaps it has a better weight distribution, because both of them have the same power parameters.
As an off-topic, the MAZ-535/D-535's middle headlight was fitted with infrared light, so it could be turned on when its crew were using nightvision. In my opinion, that is pretty slick for a truck which was first produced in the 1950s. ๐Ÿ™‚ Wouldn't it be cool to be able to use nightvision in Snowrunner and D-535's infrared "cyclops" headlight? ๐Ÿ™‚ I am overthinking this, I know. :)))

First of all, thanks very much for both of those replies! ๐Ÿ™‚
Same, I'd also really like those two in SnowRunner as well (and the map)!
I'm on the same boat (truck?) as you on that one, what you said about the two E-Series trucks.

Also, I had no idea about the cyclops headlight having infrared capabilities! Thanks so much for that information! Yes, it would be very cool having it actually work in SnowRunner!! Also, I think if just the 535 would have Night Vision, it would also kind of make that vehicle more special and unique, as opposed to not having working night vision. Also, I feel like the term "cyclops" would be more fitting to these trucks (don't you?):

MAZ535_1_cyclopsoid.jpg
MAZ-535537-2-537-cyclops.jpg
7-5-proper-cyclops-this-one smaller.jpg
(don't worry, they're edited ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

last edited by 8x8

@8x8

First of all, thanks very much for both of those replies! ๐Ÿ™‚
Same, I'd also really like those two in SnowRunner as well (and the map)!
I'm on the same boat (truck?) as you on that one, what you said about the two E-Series trucks.

Also, I had no idea about the cyclops headlight having infrared capabilities! Thanks so much for that information! Yes, it would be very cool having it actually work in SnowRunner!! Also, I think if just the 535 would have Night Vision, it would also kind of make that vehicle more special and unique, as opposed to not having working night vision. Also, I feel like the term "cyclops" would be more fitting to these trucks (don't you?):

I am also happy i found a like-minded fellow, who is also crazy about 8x8 Russian/Bellorussian/Ex-Soviet trucks. ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, the cyclops name is very fitting for D-535, especially after seeing those edited photos. Now, it looks like a true monster, but in a good way. :))

Here is the link with that particular piece of information regarding the MAZ-535's middle headlamp:
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=2249

"Vehicles of the first series were equipped with a cabin with three sloping windshields and a third lamp in the center of the front panel, which was used to infrared illumination of a road when using a night vision device." ๐Ÿ˜‰