SnowRunner - FAQ

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

@zamal said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

Betas are interesting. I hope there actually will be several of them and not 1 which comes month before launch, cause then it dont make sense. I dont believe Devs will be able to fix any of those "bugs" in remaining 3 weeks

Im guessing preorders get access to it?

Also ray-tracing excites me. This series has never been known for its striking visuals but I think its time we get to it

It hasn't? To me MudRunner was a damn fine looking game. Maybe not Horizen Zero Dawn or Death Stranding levels, but it sure as hell beat the shit out GTAV or most other simulation games. I mean MudRunner compared to Farming Simulator or Mechanic Simulator? No contest, MudRunner blew those away graphically.

To me MudRunner is one of the realest looking games I've played. Farming Simulator looks almost to bright and colorful, looks cartoony. And dirt/dust doesn't stick to the tractors. Because yea, a tractors gonna spend all day, hours plowing and grooming fields. And the tires don't even track any dirt and at the end of the day the tractor is still clean and looks brand new. Because that's realistic. 🙄 Next to MudRunner it's no contest.

Yes. Im talking about death stranding levels. As I said its time we catch up to todays standards in terms of graphics. I know many of devs and players are concerned with fact, that they might not be able to run the game at its fullest potential but that shouldn't stop improvement of game. There always gonna be couple of wooden PCs hanging around that want to also enjoy the game but I say turn them settings down, obviously trashy looking farming sim has 0 contest with MR but gta 5? What? Have u played gta 5 on pc with rtx on and redux mod? And u say mr looks better?

Okay, u prefer MRs clashing mud and water physics, I get it but I was talking purely about graphics and not simulation..

I want them rtx shadows and crispy GI in this biach!

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

Betas are interesting. I hope there actually will be several of them and not 1 which comes month before launch, cause then it dont make sense. I dont believe Devs will be able to fix any of those "bugs" in remaining 3 weeks

Im guessing preorders get access to it?

Also ray-tracing excites me. This series has never been known for its striking visuals but I think its time we get to it

It hasn't? To me MudRunner was a damn fine looking game. Maybe not Horizen Zero Dawn or Death Stranding levels, but it sure as hell beat the shit out GTAV or most other simulation games. I mean MudRunner compared to Farming Simulator or Mechanic Simulator? No contest, MudRunner blew those away graphically.

To me MudRunner is one of the realest looking games I've played. Farming Simulator looks almost to bright and colorful, looks cartoony. And dirt/dust doesn't stick to the tractors. Because yea, a tractors gonna spend all day, hours plowing and grooming fields. And the tires don't even track any dirt and at the end of the day the tractor is still clean and looks brand new. Because that's realistic. 🙄 Next to MudRunner it's no contest.

Yes. Im talking about death stranding levels. As I said its time we catch up to todays standards in terms of graphics. I know many of devs and players are concerned with fact, that they might not be able to run the game at its fullest potential but that shouldn't stop improvement of game. There always gonna be couple of wooden PCs hanging around that want to also enjoy the game but I say turn them settings down, obviously trashy looking farming sim has 0 contest with MR but gta 5? What? Have u played gta 5 on pc with rtx on and redux mod? And u say mr looks better?

Okay, u prefer MRs clashing mud and water physics, I get it but I was talking purely about graphics and not simulation..

I want them rtx shadows and crispy GI in this biach!

I play on console so no I've not played gta modded.

@Jellyfoosh All things that we know thanks to this post are good for general users, But We mod makers need more info could you give us some info on this questions?

Q:Will the Vehicles composition (Mod setup/developing) work like in Mudrunner
Q: Will SnowRunner have the same Suspension Behavior as MudRunner? (including its pros and cons)
Q:Will SnowRunner come with a editor and a actual guide of how stuff gets? done and not a vague information and some Near Useless Screenshots
Q:Will SnowRunner Editor (If it has one) come with a Mud To Snow truck/Map Converter/Updater
Q:Will the editor come with Pluggins and a Debugger (Like Spintires and Mudrunner have With the HKDebugger)

really important Question
Q: Will SnowRunner Use Direct X files (.x)?
Q:will SnowRunner give support to Blender User comunity (that each day grows even more)
Q:Will 3dsMax Users and blender users have valuable information for the making of mods (Max polycount that the engine can handle,Max Amount of colision Objects...etc,etc)

thanks in advance for answering these questions

@Forces yup. That'd be nice to know.

Hey @Forces! We plan to make a blog article specifically on the subject of mods at a later date, where we will address questions like these.

I’d like to quickly set the record straight on the topic of licenses. SnowRunner will definitely have a lot of licenses and completely new vehicles that you haven’t seen in MudRunner. However, licenses in a game do not automatically pass onto a sequel. The business and legal requirements unfortunately don’t work like that. Having said that, there will be Russian trucks, 🙂 and we can’t wait to unveil all the licenses at a later date!

@Jellyfoosh Oh man, do you always have to be so ambiguous? 😃 Don't really know how to interpret that. Does it mean that there are going to be licensed AND not-licensed vehicles in the game? Or maybe that you decided to go only for licenced vehicles and had to left out those you don't have licences for?
I mean, I thought you were talking about the American wild vehicles and the possible legal issues you were facing while including those in SR until you talked about the russian trucks... but russian trucks were never licensed anyways so I'm lost 🤦🏻♂

I'm going to assume that it's the first one since we saw some "unlicenced-like" vehicles in the trailer.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner - FAQ:

I’d like to quickly set the record straight on the topic of licenses. SnowRunner will definitely have a lot of licenses and completely new vehicles that you haven’t seen in MudRunner. However, licenses in a game do not automatically pass onto a sequel. The business and legal requirements unfortunately don’t work like that. Having said that, there will be Russian trucks, 🙂 and we can’t wait to unveil all the licenses at a later date!

Aww, does that mean we're lose the awesome FORD LTL9000 from American Wilds won't be carried over, and will now be stuck with that hunk of junk FORD CLT9000 from the screenshots?

Dang, I don't like flat nose trucks, find they rather ugly. They look like a big square box driving down the road. I was really hopefully the LTL9000 would get carried over.

Guess I won't be using FORD anymore in SnowRunner. Will have to move on to Western Star I guess.

last edited by justinlynch3

@justinlynch3 you still have a pretty much "Fordy" GMC on SR

@deathcoreboy1 licences work like that man, i have to re license each ford model I do despite them bein f350 f250 and f150 they all need to be checked and license properly to be uploaded into turbosquid and that can take up to 3 months (yotas are more free about it but yeah each 70 series has to be licensed)