Disabling DoF, motion blur, film grain, and camera bobbing should be options

I would very much like to enjoy this game - however, certain graphical effects make me unable to. For myself, the camera bob and sway is intolerable, and causes great discomfort, and motion blur is just displeasing in general. Making these effects optional wouldn't hurt anyone, and to my best knowledge, would be simple to implement. I know I'm not the only one bothered by these effects, and I don't see how they would be an absolute necessity for the game in any way, so I humbly request- make Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Film Grain, and Camera Bobbing (and swaying) options that can be disabled, so that myself and others similarly visually sensitive players will be able to play and enjoy the game.

I agree. It is pretty much unplayable until they make an option. I know they do it to be more immersive but it is the exact opposite for me because it takes me out of the game when I feel sick.

Yes please, I want to disable DoF, Motion Blur and film grain.

Also please add HDR support for PC version, I paid the same price for the game as console users..

last edited by Agrotank

By all rights, the ability to disable these effects that are known to cause motion sickness, headaches, dizziness and general discomfort should be an industry standard.

I feel the same, I hope they fix this because I can’t play like this for too long.

Hey :smiling_face_with_open_mouth:
Thanks for the suggestion and reaching it out to us concerning this problem, I will send it to our dev team.
I am sorry for the discomfort guys, I hope you are still able to appreciate some of GreedFall's magic.

last edited by Raibi

I agree. DoF, Motion Blur and film grain are effects that a lot of people really can't stand. I don't want it to look like TV. I don't watch TV. I want it to look like my own eyes and since it can't know where I want my focal point, It should just ignore it.

The good news is that what I've seen indicates these options are in the game, just inaccessible for users. There are variables assigned to these, and hopefully the developers will be able to insert some settings in the graphics or gameplay menus that will allow us to tinker with these options.

My recommendation would be to include the following in an update:

• A slider to reduce or increase Amplitude for all camera shake effects, with the default setting being between 80-90% towards the maximum setting. If the slider controlled a coefficient for the bobbing and rolling motion with 1.0 as the default and ranging from 0 to 1.1 or 1.2, it could provide plenty of control in this regard.
  • An option to multiply the amplitude of rolling camera motions by 0 (disabling rolling) so that movement is purely horizontal and vertical translation, with no 6DOF movement
  • A standard option for DoF with a simple Off, Reduced (50% strength), On
  • A simple toggle for Motion Blur (Off/On)
  • A simple toggle for Film Grain (Off/On)

Personally I haven't had any problems with the post processing, but a few comfort options wouldn't hurt for those who would benefit from them.

Seconds into the game and I had to close out of it. I am seriously excited about this game, I really really don't want to return it but if there is no option to turn off camera shake I will have to.

@Raibi said in Disabling DoF, motion blur, film grain, and camera bobbing should be options:

Thanks for the suggestion and reaching it out to us concerning this problem, I will send it to our dev team.
I am sorry for the discomfort guys, I hope you are still able to appreciate some of GreedFall's magic.

Definitely would like to appreciate it but that 3rd person camera bob is unreal. Had to return the game once I saw there was no option to disable any of it. Definitely look forward to any news about this as I truly would love to re-buy and enjoy this game. Made an account solely to post here about this.

In case anyone needs this, I found a quick mod fix to the fov and camera bob for PC (it works): https://www.nexusmods.com/greedfall/mods/8?tab=description

last edited by aquarterghost

Any information on this? I pre ordered this game I was so excited for it, but the longest I've been able to play before my headache/nausea force me off is an hour. I've tried turning camera sensitivity all the way down and even disabled subtitles in hopes that would help.

Head bob happens even during cut scenes, I've never seen anything like this.

There are mods for PC but I'm playing on Xbox. Please, I love everything I've seen for this game - and the little hands on I've had myself - but at the moment it's literally unplayable for me.

Just bought the game for ps4, after playing for 20 mins, i can no longer continue i got nauseated cuz of the camera shake. I hope they will add an option to turn it off.

@Raibi thank you... I hope they will fix it soon, im eager to play this

@Raibi said in Disabling DoF, motion blur, film grain, and camera bobbing should be options:

Greedfall is a good game, in some ways it reminds me "Dragon Age Origins". But what are the differences between a good game and a great game? the details, simply.

We need only 3 simple graphic options, disable motion blur, DoF and Film Grain, and we really need it, because playing Greedfall causes dizziness and general discomfort.

What I noticed after playing. (Xbox)

• At the time of dialogue, the camera keeps changing all the time. When the dialogue is big, it gets annoying.
  • I would like an option to remove background blur on the console (Xbox and Ps4).
  • It would be welcome to have a black background band in the subtitles. Subtitles are very small, and with the change in the close-up camera all the time, it bothers you a little.

Same problem here. I can't play more than 20 minutes. I get dizzy because of the camera movement. I can not play until I can change some of the camera movement efects, specially crossing doors.

It's been a week now, and still no update for the camera shake disable option. Hope it will be soon i really want to play this game.

last edited by ranj30

I bought a new graphic card recently. A ROG STRIX.
When the game finds out it sets almost everything on maximum. But it becomes more or less unplayable due to lagging in the rendering. I simply went to the settings and adjusted many elements one step lower. It solved the issue for me and the game runs well - without the fancy fogs, blurs etc. though.

last edited by Mushashi7

Hello, i've been seriously considering buying the game for a whole day now, but i just noticed that there is one thing in the gameplays i watched that completely makes me go nuts. The camera movement in dialogues. It's so indecisive. Tries to be cinematic, but it's more like someone created a random perspective generator and implemented it for all the encounters in the game, with like a random 1-5 seconds roll each time between every change of frame (regardless who's talking). I'm affraid i will go mental if i'll spend more time with this game like that. đŸ™‚ I'm also worried it's far too deeply implemented into the game to have an actual option in the menu settings to turn off "dynamic conversation-camera". I would like to just see in a stable way each time someone says their sentences. Camera changes are trying to seem to be meaningful, but it's more like someone is saying a story and in the meantime i see: zoom-in, zoom-out, look-behind-you for a second, look-at-your-friend for two seconds, ponder at your own face-expression for a half-second, get-back-for-a-brief-moment to the one who's actually speaking, but then zoom-in! and zoom-out! once again, untill something changes again and my head is spinning! đŸ˜‰
Well, other than that - head bob is distracting as well. But i'm really oversensitized for these conversation camera movements and that's a little sad.