Can't get seal from council members, also can't start The Prince's Secret. Did all sidequests.

What's going on here? I am stuck here unable to proceed.

Hello DeGotfucked,

If you can't start the quest "The Prince's Secret", you can't get the seal. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are currently investigating this issue.

Can you send your save file to support@focus-home.com with the description of your issue, please ?
You should find it here C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\GreedFall using your File Explorer. We recommend making a manual save (with this type of name: save_xx-xx-2019_09-53-26.fsav) and sending it instead of sending an autosave file.

If you can send us a save before finishing the quest "Mystery of the Ancient Ruins", it would be perfect.

Thanks and sorry once again.

This is kingdom come deliverance all over again. Unfinished buggy game released as a (the part nobody seems to get bothered about anymore) AAA game I've played full price for what may as well be early access since the game needs updating to fix quest lines awfull npc ai scripting(reminds me of assassins creed unity, NPCs walking nonstop into walls(my own companion got stuck doing this a few times), standing still with both arms up in a t shape) ......you know.... just the completely immersion breaking stuff. Nothing that is apparently important anymore in 2019 for a finished game.

last edited by rbackshall

@Focus_Farah You want the file after or before?

@Focus_Farah please tell me a fix will be made that doesn’t include people way beyond that mission having to start over because I honestly love the game thus far and want to continue... but I would rather a refund than have to spend over 30 hours repeating what I already did just to continue playing..

Hello!
When reporting issues to the dev, we stress how important it is that the fix should work retroactively with saves affected by them.
As a few players have reported this problem, it is primordial that no one's progress is lost.

We cannot promise that it will 100% be the case, but we will be doing our best.

Looked into it, apparently, it gets bugged if you still haven't reported back to Constatin about the two nations' lead about the malichor in "Old Countries in a new world"

I had a similar bug, made a post about it in off-topic. And to the focus mods: are there any suggestions for fixes on ps4 because I'm pretty sure we cant send you our save files from consoles

Hello there !

We may have found the source of the issue and we’ve notified the developers of this bug.
We'll keep you in touch !

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey over here on Xbox one I'm having the same problem I got all the way to the the trial of water quest not knowing what to do I even tried running quickly past the guard for Catasach but of course that didn't work and I worked so hard on this character and would hate to have to restart because I love this game up to this point I would have said game of the year honestly I use two saves on top of the autosaves and no I don't have any saves before the trial of water quest please fix this

Same issue here, started a new game and it happened again... 😕

@aceof1986 said in Can't get seal from council members, also can't start The Prince's Secret. Did all sidequests.:

I had a similar bug, made a post about it in off-topic. And to the focus mods: are there any suggestions for fixes on ps4 because I'm pretty sure we cant send you our save files from consoles

You can upload your save file to a usb device and upload it...

I just ran into this problem myself. Is there a more official place to submit this bug? Is there an ETA on a patch/fix?

@CloudMcRip I was not aware of that. Sadly I have no external storage device nor regular access to a computer, but if that becomes the only fix I will have to figure out a method to do so

@Focus_Farah Hi, I'm bad writing in English. I have a similar problem. I will write it in Spanish because if not I will not make myself understood. Please, use google translation or something. En la misión The Trial of the water no puedo entrar sin un sello, pero nadie me lo da. Y la mision The Prince's Secret tampoco me ha salido. Que puedo hacer? Thanks you so much.

Hello everyone,
To avoid the bug, you must do the following:
When reporting to Constantin, if you've talked to the two governors and explored the "Did e kiden nadaigeis" ruins, AVOID talking about the ruins first, you HAVE to talk about the governors first.

If you talk about the ruins before talking about the governors, "The Prince's Secret" quest will not trigger.

News on the patch will be coming soon.