Hey, having a keybind problem here. It doesn't save.
Windows 10 x64
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB RAM
Keyboard: Ducky Zero DK2108
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 300 (backup mouse)
Tried the following:
-Deleting the config files in
-Unchecking read-only for
Insurgency folder in
-Making sure every user has full control over the
Insurgency folder in
%localappdata% and for the main game folder.
-Running game as administrator.
-Resetting the keybinds in the menu.
-Turning off Steam Cloud for both the normal Insurgency game and the CTE.
-Tried rebooting my PC.
-Tried Insurgency CTE. Doesn't behave differently.
-Running Steam and Insurgency without administrator rights.
Some important notes:
- "Apply Changes" button doesn't work properly for a lot of keybinds. Simply nothing changes. I checked this in Notepad++.
- I don't have any anti virus. Just noone, don't have it.
- I had the same issue during the free weekend a month back or so but I figured I would buy it because it would probably be easy to solve. It's usually just a simple Windows permission issue...
- Everything else saves. But not the keybinds.
- There are some keybinds that do change. Some always revert back to their defaults. It's either playing default, or not playing at all.
- Most of the .ini files in
%localappdata%\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClientare completely empty. No idea if that's intended, I assume not.
- Windows update has no updates available, I got the latest GPU driver (436.30), latest Visual C++ Runtimes, latest drivers from my motherboards website except for the BIOS (see under this)
I just discovered a BIOS update was released on 2019/08/27. So I will install that at least. Highly doubt that will solve anything. But it's weird stuff so I'm hopeful(ish). EDIT: Didn't make a difference.
Note: When I first started playing there were a lot more keybinds that didn't work or acted weird. E, S, D, F was mostly E, ,D, D or something. They usually reverted back even before I went ingame.
Sorry for crappy quality. I recorded in 1080p and I don't know nor care how to make it look better. Recorded it with OBS in 1080 with a good bitrate, so I don't know what's up
EDIT: So I "solved" it. Or more like I found a stupid workaround. I went into the tutorial and into the
Bind menu. Changed 1 keybind, applied the changes and went back into the game. After that back to the
bind menu to set another custom keybind.
This game's keybind system is so broken. So I went and played the tutorial and for some magical reason (Insurgency's buggy ass keybind system magic) the tutorial stated that the keybind for crouching is "V" and "(". I of course didn't bind it to "(". And guess what..? Sprinting is also bind to "(". And also "Shift" for obvious reasons. This is definitely a game issue.
I find it appalling that this issue is still present 7 months or so after it's release. Bravo.
Last edit: So, removed the 5-6 "(" keybindings by editing the .ini and solved my weird sluggishness lag problem with setting the VRAM to 9216 for the TextureStreaming entries. I found a fix for the derpy antialiasing as well. So, all's good now, tomorrow I can finally play (hopefully).