Potential Bug on The Vices of the Mother Cardinal Quest

(Spoilers ahead) I think I may have ran into a bug with this quest. I started it after the Coin Guard took over San Mateus and the Mother Cardinal fled to Serene. When you're searching the basement and run into the brothel area there's a door that you need either a key for or level 3 lockpicking. The way I've put points into my character I have avoided lockpicking altogether, so I went for the key. Upstairs on the side table where the key is normally there's nothing there. Here's what I see: https://steamcommunity.com/id/strangebreww/screenshot/772853865739648753

From a couple of the walkthrough's I've seen online everyone has started the quest way earlier when the Mother Cardinal is still in control of the city, however there's dialogue for the commander of the Coin Guard where he says that if we find dirt on her then his takeover would be seen as a liberation more than a coup d'teat, so it's obvious the game was prepared for me to start this quest later.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Or is the key somewhere else since the takeover has occurred? I'm just confused because the note from the servant that says the key is still on the desk in her office is still there even after the takeover but the key has vanished.

It's just a bit annoying because now Petrus is locked into my party and I'd either have to wait till I get enough levels to get lockpicking up or reset them and waste the crystals you need to respec your character.

Anyways, please let me know if there's anything else I could do.

I'm not so far along but encountered the missing key bug as well. This is really annoying as I don't want to waste points in lockpicking, hand around with this pretentious idiot or do a lot of quest content over.

Hello,

Could you try loading a previous save to reproduce the issue?

Could you send us your save file? You should find it here C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\GreedFall using your File Explorer. We recommend making a manual save (with this type of name: save_xx-xx-2019_09-53-26.fsav) and sending it instead of sending an autosave file.

You can send the files to support@focus-home.com

Sorry you’re experiencing issues with the game.

Best Regards.

last edited by Focus_Victor