HUMMER in snowrunner

Howdy, I figured I would post this here as a discussion as to the HUMMER brand, discussing things like how they would be implemented/ balanced, what upfits they could have, what kind of cargo/loads they could carry, what models would be implemented, what roles they would have ect ect. And if you disagree with someone's idea, speak up, and explain why, and maybe also put what you would do instead. The only thing I ask is be nice.

last edited by okigojuryu

I like hammer (h2?) in aw, it must be in sr!
But as for h3 (yellow above on this page artwork) - no, 1 hammer is enought.
I vote for uaz buhanka on my gamer pic!))

@okigojuryu said in Vehicles list - Snowrunner:

@Sodoma I remember that video, it was a stock base H3 (06 if I remember correctly, which was the first, and worst year for the H3) vs a fairly built lada niva, not exactly apples to apples, let's be honest. The fuel economy might be bad for European standards, but for American standards it's allways average in its class, which is surprising due to the off roading focus of these vehicles, and the fuel tank size more than makes up for it's average economy, in fact, hummers are underrated by GM on the fuel economy, my H3T runs 15-17 on mixed driving despite running 35 inch m/t tires and the optional V8(it was rated 16 highway, just to give you an idea). and for the weight? That's the price you pay for a rigid chassis (The H3/H3T is rated at 3/4 ton, compared to jeeps, for example, that are rated at 1/4 ton) and even then, they are still pretty light, at least the 3s anyway, being about 5k ibs, that's about average in class, despite having one of the heaviest chassis in class. The only one I would consider useless, would be the H2, since it's only advantages over the H3 are it's superior towing and cargo space, but even then, the H2 is a best in class off-roader. They might not be the most practical vehicles for most things, but calling them bad off roaders is an outright lie that NEEDS to stop.

Well, I think tht we are in dead end here 🙂
I checked some YT vids and my impression stays - Hummer H3 is too big and too heavy. It drags so much "luxury" interior with itself, that I understand, that people feel well inside, but my personal definition of offroader is very different.
From those vids it was clearly to be seen, how heavy that rhino is. Yes, it can overcome that with its power, yes, drivers might be just some stupid rich people those have no idea about going offroad sensibly, but by my opinion, that vehicle makes no sense except of showing off.
I can't tell, how it stands in US standards in terms of cargo capcaity, towing capability or fuel economy. Maybe it is actually good. But if I'll want to go cross-country and want to get as many kilometers as possible for my amount of fuel, H3 simply isn't my choice.
I've hit some H1 vids as well, and that one, being probably as big as H2 and a bit bigger than H3 still seems to be a "workhorse", H3 looks more like fat middleage man that wants to look tough.
And when @Stazco already mentined it, UAZ does a lot with a very few, my impression of H3 is exactly opposite. But that might be just different approach to the problem.
But as I've said, we are in dead end here - it is unlikely that I convince you, and I am pretty sure that you will not convince me, comparison test is something that we can't do, so I'll end it here, because I don't want to proceed with something that might ends in unwelcome way...

I think the H1 in AW is nice & fitting. I think it should be in SR as well. I don't really care for the H2 or H3. They're just smaller, civilian versions of the H1, but I won't be upset if they're included in the game. My 2 cents.

@Stazco the yellow one is the h2... looks to be an SUT to be more precise. And what is AW?

@Sodoma this was the wrong thread to post this in, and all I have to say is: don't bash it till you tried it.

@okigojuryu said in HUMMER in snowrunner:

@Stazco the yellow one is the h2... looks to be an SUT to be more precise. And what is AW?

American Wilds.

Most people like the H1 because it's the same version of the truck the US military uses (or I guess used if they really are fading them out) and it looks cool. H2 and H3 are just ugly civilized knock off's of the real thing.

@Sodoma That's from the TV series Renegade isn't it? I used to watch that. Which model of Hummer did he drive?

Yes that one in the Snow Runner pic looks like an H2. I'd be fine with that, though the H1 is still cooler, albeit older. What's SUT? AW is the paid DLC for MR with American vehicles and maps.

@Unster I don't know, you tell me 🙂
https://pics.imcdb.org/0is442/cap212xb4.5553.jpg
https://pics.imcdb.org/0is88/cap211ux8.3421.jpg
https://pics.imcdb.org/0is126/cap215ki8.4999.jpg
https://pics.imcdb.org/0is84/cap216sc5.8065.jpg
https://pics.imcdb.org/0is411/cap217gt3.7954.jpg

I have to stop it here, first, this is not about where I've seen some Hummer, second (more important) more time I put "Hummer" into google, more pics I can't post here I get 🙂

@Sodoma That's the H1. Nice! Same vehicle as in AW.

@justinlynch3 said in HUMMER in snowrunner:

American Wilds.

Most people like the H1 because it's the same version of the truck the US military uses (or I guess used if they really are fading them out) and it looks cool. H2 and H3 are just ugly civilized knock off's of the real thing.

The H3 isn't bad. It's a more fuel-efficient smaller version of the H1, more appropriate for civilian use. The H2 is what I didn't really get. It was almost the size of the H1, just with more luxury I guess. Didn't really see the point of it.

I think the point of the h2 was to make it appeal more to civilians. The humvee is actually huge, and the original was "underpowered" by american public standards, and very expensive. The h2 was a yukon/tahoe modified to look like a humvee, and the h3 was a canyon/colorado. I don't know the specifics, but both h2 and h3 were equipped well for off road use, but both are pretty universally mocked...

@Sodoma i think i might be the only one who got your hummer joke, gave me a laugh.

@Unster the h2 was meant to compete vs the land rovers and land cruisers.

@Unster it means Sport Utility Truck, bassicly it's an H2, but instead of a 3rd row/ storage area, it's a tiny bed that's only good for hauling garbage or holding coolers, bassicly useless, I won't argue with everyone else, the H2 is pretty uneeded, it's good, just not as useful as the H1/H3s, the H3T being the most useful.