Community Update #2 - SnowRunner

Hey @zamal @Unster @Stazco (sorry if I missed anyone)

The Western Star 6900 TwinSteer has no AWD, the factsheet is correct.
As for the picture from the demo, it was simply a case of needing a nice model and giving it AWD for the sake of the demo presentation. Apologies for any confusion there.

Hey there @Eversman

Here you go 😉
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/42658/vehicle-presentations

As we've mentioned previously, we are not doing the full presentations yet, since it's too early to give more in-depth presentations without the risk of the stats and balancing changing before launch.

@Jellyfoosh
Clear, thx! Its 8×4.
In my vehicles list we thought it is a XD, but its TS .
So why not - we got first nonawd 4 axles truck, with enhanced sreering.

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

Hey @zamal @Unster @Stazco (sorry if I missed anyone)

The Western Star 6900 TwinSteer has no AWD, the factsheet is correct.
As for the picture from the demo, it was simply a case of needing a nice model and giving it AWD for the sake of the demo presentation. Apologies for any confusion there.

Well the dev's messed up big time. Hope they start getting a patch ready. All I had to do was look on Google and from what I see the Western Star 6900 comes in 3 configurations, a 6X4, 6X6, or 8X8. I'm not seeing anything about a 8X4 Western Star.

But thanks anyway. At now I know I can save myself some money and not even bother buying the Twin Steer at all in career mode. A 6X4 is one thing, but a 8X4 is just going to be stuck constantly. No idea what the dev's was thinking here.

https://www.truckinginfo.com/156863/test-drive-western-stars-6900xd-heavy-heavy-hauler

The basic chassis is available in 6x4, 6x6 or 8x8 twin-steer (all-wheel drive)

@ManfredE3 said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

https://www.westernstartrucks.com/trucks/6900/

6x4
6x6
8x4
8x6
8x8
10x6

Ah that makes a bit more sense then. 10X6? I'm guessing that's those type trucks like you see moving around the space shuttles?

@justinlynch3

After some time on google the only one's I've been able to find are all cranes with one pump truck of some sort. It was not a concrete pump truck, though I know those get crazy too.

Hmm, so it is an 8x4 after all. It goes with the direction that SR seems to be heading in, ever since AW came out. More roads, less mud, more American trucks, kind of like ATS with some off-roading.

@Unster If this means that this time the vehicles will behave on the asphalt as they should, it is not so bad. But the most important thing is that they spend a lot of time making mud much more realistic.

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

The Western Star 6900 TwinSteer has no AWD

Generally it does not, but can definitely come with one. Weird choice but it is what it is, lets hope truck can drag itself at least

Untitled.png

look here

Also thanks for dragging video down here in dark pits of hell @deathcoreboy1 😈

last edited by zamal

@justinlynch3 Extreme heavy haul. Like the trucks that pull the rc trailers to move super heavy machinery from ship yards and the factories that make them to their destination. Oh please let that be something we can do in snowrunner!

I don't think the last one is really on a cliff lol

With such loads maps will be 95% tarmac...but the blood of this game is a mud and i hope deep snow in sr...

@Stazco What if the screen shot we saw a while back of the 8x8 Western star is a challenge map?