September Community Update

Hello SnowRunners,

It's time for another Community Update! This month, we're thrilled to launch our series of vehicle presentations.

First in line is the Freightliner M916A1!

snowrunner-template-vehicules_1040x584.jpg

This ex-military U.S. truck is a beast offroad, able to face some truly rugged environments thanks to the Stock All-Wheel-Drive. It's even featured in the game's key art!

Every week, we will present another vehicle that you'll find in SnowRunner on launch. Each vehicle has a range of stats that will affect gameplay, but for the time being, we've limited ourselves to presenting those that are least likely to change.

As in the image above, the stats we will present are:

• Model
  • Length
  • Width
  • Fuel Capacity
  • All-Wheel-Drive
  • Differential Lock
  • Role

Last week, we shared the interior view of one of our Russian Trucks. In SnowRunner, we want to go beyond MudRunner and feature fully modeled interiors, complete with functioning Speedometer, RPM, and simulated Temp. gauges (note that engine temperature is not a gameplay feature). As a true simulation experience, we want you to be immersed in your surroundings and a fully modeled interior is integral to that experience.

2019-09-16-12_24_20-MudRunner2-__-0.16.MR2_HIGHWAY_RELEASE.jpg

This month, the team has been working on the profile screen, among other things. This screen allows you to track your progress in a single screen. Money earned, missions finished, exploration progress, upgrades and vehicles unlocked, etc. As you conquer and explore the wilds, your driver badge and rank will change to reflect your skills and experience.

Besides this, the team is hard at work on a range of other features. We look forward to sharing more news and vehicles with you in the coming weeks! Of course, the closer we get to launch, the more specific we can get with all the information we share!

If you haven't done so already, we encourage you to join our Discord to hang out with other drivers, players, and the team. Share your MudRunner mods, screenshots, and stories while you wait for SnowRunner! https://discord.gg/AUZHNqy

alt text

last edited by Jellyfoosh

good stuff, weekly vehicle presentation is great to keep community engaged and monthly updates about other features 👍🏻

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

This month, the team has been working on the profile screen, among other things. This screen allows you to track your progress in a single screen. Money earned, missions finished, exploration progress, upgrades and vehicles unlocked, etc. As you conquer and explore the wilds, your driver badge and rank will change to reflect your skills and experience.

earned money, badge and rank... I hope that this will not turn into grindfest...😟

@Sodoma I actually like where this is going.

So... We will have weekly vehicle presentation + monthly community update?

@deathcoreboy1 IDK where this is going, but I don't like where it seems like it is going...
We will see, but I am afraid that you will be happier from two of us...

@Sodoma It doesn't sound like grinding to me, just pretty normal progression / skill tree common in games. Grinding to me would be something like what's in MK11 where you have to open random chests to get goodies, though luckily even in that game that's optional (it depends if you want the goodies, like new skins).

@Jellyfoosh Why permanent diff lock though? I generally don't like this trend and it's unrealistic. Permanent diff lock makes it harder to turn and generally trucks if they have diff lock at all it's optional. I changed all my AW trucks to optional diff lock (the default is permanent diff lock).

@Unster Possible, I am spoiled by one of my colleagues with his DOTA2 ladders and ranks that he speaks about whole days...

@Sodoma hey im dota 2 manic as well 😃 say hello to your friend from me

Cant wait for next week thanks guys!!

i also am pessimistic towards this progression system i liked original full sandbox with no money and nothing. lets hope taht feature makes comeback

@Sodoma Well, DOTA2 is a different kind of game. As of now we have no reason to believe that they will use such mechanics on SR. Progression and economy system by itself is not a bad thing and shout it completely is like stop producing medical drugs just because they can be used wrongly. Or stop making cars because people can get killed on/by them.

Great news, looking forward to the vehicle presentations and a progression system is something I’ve craved in mudrunner. Things are starting to look sexy. Thanks devs!!

Great cockpit, i would like to see a small compas and a inclinometer. my father has one in his truck.

Absolutely smashing work there!!
Cockpit view looks absolutely beautiful (so does the landscape outside!!)!
Very excited for Snowrunner, keep up the amazing, amazing work!!

Just awesome! Love the look, detail, and very much looking forward to the progression aspect. Thanks for the monthly update and stoked about vehicle presentations. Also, thanks for the update coming on a Friday as opposed to a Monday. My homies and I will be talking about it all weekend while we play through a Load-All on the Down hill map. You guys are solidifying your selves as the standard and benchmark in off-road simulation driving games! Fan for life!

Hmm with the game seemingly taking a more American focus, I'm surprised measurements are still in meters. You'd think they would of switched it to feet instead right?

@Unster said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

@Sodoma It doesn't sound like grinding to me, just pretty normal progression / skill tree common in games. Grinding to me would be something like what's in MK11 where you have to open random chests to get goodies, though luckily even in that game that's optional (it depends if you want the goodies, like new skins).

That loot boxes where you can buy packs to get random items. That's the thing nations are starting to view as gambling (as it basically works the same as a slot machine) and is at risk of getting banned (some places like the UK already has it banned)

Better example of grinding is Grand Theft Auto Online where players repeat missions or heists over and over and over to get money so they can buy all the expensive new toys.

Now as I recall SnowRunner is already confirmed not to have microtransactions. So I expect quests to pay out reasonable well and vehicle prices to be fair. The only reason Rockstar gives you 25k a missions while asking $3,000,000 for a new car is because that game DOES have microtransactions, they are trying to pressure players into buying Shark Cards. However SnowRunner won't have that problem, SnowRunner simply has a redesigned and more realistic progression system. Considering everything is in-game, there is no reason Focus wouldn't have the system balanced.

If SnowRunner had microtransactions, yes Sodoma THEN I would be very worried about the game being a grindfest so Focus could try to force real life money out of you. However SnowRunner doesn't have microtransactions, so much like back in a PS2 era game, I expect the system will be balanced.

@TheSaltySalt said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

Great cockpit, i would like to see a small compas and a inclinometer. my father has one in his truck.

Cupholder... check.