September Community Update

@Jayson said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

@Jellyfoosh do u know if the vehicles and maps from MR will be in snowrunner??

I would imagine they aren't, not unless every map was remade. SnowRunner maps are 4X bigger them Mudrunner maps. So a Mudrunner map wouldn't fit, it's to small.

But that's just my guess.

@zamal said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

" The SnowRunner wilds await you! Explore and overcome vast expanses of nature in Russia and the US. Which area do you look forward to exploring most? "

alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

Absolutely stunning. I probaly won't get the full effect of this as I play on a regular PS4 on a 1080p TV, so no 4K for me. But regardless the game is looking great. Can't wait to see the snow maps, they are very beautiful.

I recognize that interior, Hummer H2 confirmed, Awsome!!!!

Hi @Jayson, the maps and vehicles in SnowRunner are completely new, and we're excited to have a wide range of different types of vehicles in terms of looks and gameplay feel. So if you have a favorite MudRunner vehicle, you are very likely to find something similar in SnowRunner.

I can see a pretty "Stormy" weather in one of the screenshots. Or probably it's the foggy dawn of Syberia?!

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

Hi @Jayson, the maps and vehicles in SnowRunner are completely new, and we're excited to have a wide range of different types of vehicles in terms of looks and gameplay feel. So if you have a favorite MudRunner vehicle, you are very likely to find something similar in SnowRunner.

Oh crap I just realized, never mind FORD LTL9000. This means there is no C-255 in the game doesn't it? Oh man that's a bitter pill to shallow.

@justinlynch3 Really don't think so. C-255 is such an iconic soviet truck that I really doubt they cut it out.

@Jellyfoosh said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

bummer, i would have loved to see deluge, downhill and island maps remade in new engine improved with new cargo and all kinda stuff.

@justinlynch3 maybe they got official licenses for certain soviet trucks and if they say its same trucks, that means their intent with last game was to include brand vehicles without licensing them properly, which in itself is illegal, we all know the truth, but on the paper I think they cant say that "Yeah they are same trucks from previous game but with new grills and names" they would rather say "These are your new trucks guys: vehicle presentation KrAZ-255, what you mean this truck wasnt in mudrunner LOL" get it? 🤑

probably they are currently working on licenses and thats the reason they havnt shown many russian trucks, and if some of those deals dont work out we will have our beloved c-255 back in the game with fucked up front grill and headlights 😄 tho tbh i kinda grew to love mudrunner version more than original from playing so much

@Jellyfoosh aight cool. I appreciate the answer!!

@Jellyfoosh I hope we can still have the American wilds trucks in snowrunner too🤪

Am I the only one who expected more different landscape graphics in SR? I really feel they look basically the same as in MR, especially AW. It's a pretty colorful landscape in a sort of a painting style. Not bad looking at all, but not a significant difference from MR. But at least we're getting smaller mud chunks / higher definition mud from what I've seen in the trailer. Though for now I must say I prefer the look of ST where I think the devs got the look of the mud and overall color pallete right. Just my opinion.

last edited by Unster

@Unster ST color palette may be better but textures are awful IMO. Especially the new dirt road.

Would you mind taking a Screenshot of AW similar to the ones shared today and graphically compare them for us from your POV? I'd do it myself but I'm pretty short of time. No graphics mods, please. maybe opening a new thread on MR subtopic?
I think that'd be interesting

@deathcoreboy1 Good idea. I'm currently not at my gaming computer, but I have an older screenshot in my collection from an AW-style map. No graphics mods.

B-131_2.jpg

last edited by Unster

@deathcoreboy1 said in Community Update #2 - SnowRunner:

ST color palette may be better but textures are awful IMO. Especially the new dirt road

That's rather strange. Everyone else I've heard talk about it likes the new road textures. They're certainly not awful. But I respect if you don't like them.

@Unster Yeah, I really don't like them but haven't really talked to anyone about it, so it might as well be something particular from me

@deathcoreboy1 After playing both ST and MR for a long time, the 2 things I really like better about ST are the look of the mud and traction on hard ground. It's noticeably more "grippy" than the slide-fest in MR. I hope the devs fix that in SR. SR seems to have higher-definition mud than MR so I'm not worried about that. But will they get the traction right? That's the big question. MR with stock settings has too much traction in mud and not enough on hard ground. And the traction on hard ground isn't really fixable in the xml's. If you raise BodyFriction to prevent the excessive wheel spin, then you'll have crazy steep slope climbing ability. ST doesn't have this issue.

last edited by Unster

@Unster Launched ST today and realized they changed the dirt road texture again since I played it for the last time. I agree its very good. I didn't like the previous one.

@Unster well, i was never expecting mr2 to be some sort of graphical innovation but if you ask me snowrunner looks like proper sequel, both environment and trucks look to be visually improved A LOT from what we'v seen

As for the original spintires, nah.. Not my thing, it looks like alpha version of mr, especially after they fucked up camera controls i cant play it, but im happy that devs are trying to resurrect the game, i saw canyon dlc and looks to be another one coming pretty soon so great great! Hope they improve game so much that i will have reason and will to go back to it but we will see, for now im on SR train

last edited by zamal