Game crashes, unplayable, where to report bug?

Hi,

I'm playing Call of Cthulhu on Nintendo Switch.
At the end of chapter 5 there seems to be a bug that makes it impossible to proceed.
You try to exit the sanatorium and you will get into the video sequence with Sandler (or what the name was), there seems to be no way around. At the end of this sequence his neck is broke, at this point the game crashes.
This happens no matter what dialog options I chose. There seems to be no way to proceed after chapter 5.

Is there a known solution or where the hell can one report bugs for Nintendo Switch games? I can't seem to find a suitable support address.

Thanks for help.

I am having the same exact problem. How is the developer going to fix this problem?

I'm having the exact same problem in the exact same place... it's like i wasted my money 😕

If there are any solutions, please tell us

I'm also having the same problem with the nintendo switch. It seems to be when the scene is complete in chapter 5 and it tries to save. The game crashes.

Hello guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you contacting our support desk describing this issue?
There is currently no known work around for this: our support might ask for more details on what you did during this part of the game to understand why it doesn't trigger as planned.

last edited by Raibi

I sent a request last week and have not heard back. Do you think it has something to do with downloading from the eshop vs the cartridge?
Mine is a download. Is everyone's else a download too?

Hi! Here are few questions for people experiencing this crash:

1. What model of Switch are you using: Original, Revised model of 2019 or Switch Lite?
  2. Did you play with the Switch docked or handheld?
  3. Do you own the physical or the digital version of the game?
  4. Is the game installed on the Switch system memory or on a microSD card?
  5. What are your Language and Region settings (from System Settings > System)?
  6. How much game time do you have?
  7. What are your last actions before crashing?
  8. Did you make any specific choices?
  9. How many occultism points do you have (from the game statistics)?
  10. Can you try to delete/reinstall the game (this will NOT delete your saves files)?

Thanks!

@oocoon said in Game crashes, unplayable, where to report bug?:

Hi! Here are few questions for people experiencing this crash:

1. What model of Switch are you using: Original, Revised model of 2019 or Switch Lite?
    Revised model of 2019
  2. Did you play with the Switch docked or handheld?
    Handheld
  3. Do you own the physical or the digital version of the game?
    digital
  4. Is the game installed on the Switch system memory or on a microSD card?
    Micro sd card but tried switching to switch system memory and back again
  5. What are your Language and Region settings (from System Settings > System)?
    English/ the Americas
  6. How much game time do you have?
    Not sure where to find that info
  7. What are your last actions before crashing?
    Chaper 5:Talk to Francis Sanders as I'm leaving sanatorium. I then pick the questions. After Sanders gets thrown around and the cut scene ends. The game crashes as soon as it starts to save.
  8. Did you make any specific choices? I tried the unlock choices first then tried the others. Game still crashes.
  9. How many occultism points do you have (from the game statistics)?
    2/5 30%
  10. Can you try to delete/reinstall the game (this will NOT delete your saves files)?
    Yes I also tried this going back and forth between micro sd and system memory. Still crashes

Thanks!

I'm also having a serious crash issue in chapter 5 - i am playing off of the Nintendo switch cartridge and it crashes on me every time i try to give the sleeping pills to the patient in order to create the distraction. He tells me to go hide and i get a fatal error and have to go back to the last check point. I've done it multiple times now with the same result on the handheld.

Following up with another message. I submitted a ticket to support awhile ago but haven't heard back. Is there any status on the chapter 5 fatal errors fix?

exactly same problem for me !

0.2018 Switc Model
1.Crash docked and handheld mode
2.own physical version
3.system memory
4.english
5. around 7h
6.Talk to Francis Sanders as I'm leaving sanatorium. I then pick the questions. After Sanders gets thrown around and the cut scene ends. The game crashes as soon as it starts to save.
7.yes
8.dunno @the moment "cant check now"
9. no

Same issue here - what to do?

Hello everyone,

Exact same issue here, the game crashes at the end of chapter five, during the dialogue with Francis Sanders, when he hit the floor after his neck broke, the instant the game tries to save.

1. Oiginal switch
  2. Docked and handheld, I tried both
  3. Physical copy of the game
  4. Update data on the microSD card
  5. Language : French / Region : Europe
  6. Played only a few hours
  7. After distracting the guard, crash happen at the end of the dialogue with Francis Sanders.
  8. Tried all speech options, same result.
  9. Occultism : 2 (20%)

I'm thinking that since there is no reply for awhile now. That there will be no fix? Not sure anyone is monitoring the forum anymore.

I'm having problems getting past chapter 5 when are they gonna fix the shit I see everyone is having the same fuckin problem and no one is sayin shit about it smfh its jus a waste of my money to buy a fuckin game and it ain't working

slowly i am really pissed of, this crash still exists. also after new switch system update 9.1.0, if there is no workaround or planned fix, a pc, or xbox dl code for them who bought this game for switch would be a reasonable compensation because a walkthrough is impossible. my occultism is 10% by the way.