I agree, destroying weapon caches, then taking over and defending gets repetitive. The whole PvE aspect could use a bit more variety. I really would enjoy a mission generator using the existing maps, that would randomly spawn a set of objectives upon each game.
Possible objectives for Security:
- find and disarm a strategically placed IED
- disrupt enemy communications network by destroying a satelite dish or a radio mast
- kill a HVT that is in hiding
- cut off supplies by intercepting and destroying a truck full of weapons
Possible objectives for Insurgents:
- destroy a strategic place by placing and discharging an IED
- escort a truck full of weapons out of the danger zone
- establish communications with other cells to send a call for reinforcements
- protect a HVT in hiding
Even a dynamic mission system for PvE would be quite something. There's so much more potential in PvE, you guys just gotta really give it some more love (I'm talking to the developers).