We’d like to thank you once again for your continuous feedback since release. The team have been working hard on your reports, and today we are happy to release a patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, featuring fixes and improvements, including an upgrade to the texture streaming, and a patch for PC with bug fixes and improvements. Read our full patch notes below.
In addition, we’re excited to bring more content to the game and expand the collection of high-tech killing utensils with our free Future Shock Weapon Pack. This pack adds four new vicious weapons!
This free Weapon Pack includes the deadly Golden Twin Blades, the devastating “EFH” Heavy Duty Weapon, the brutal Mangled Articulators Punching Gloves, and the versatile Golden Harvest Double Duty Weapon. Find the enemies wielding them and execute them to claim the weapons for yourself!
And that is only the beginning. Stay tuned as next week will see the full reveal of The Surge 2’s Season Pass, with more weapons, more implants, more gear sets, and a brand-new storyline DLC with hours of content in a new environment to be released down the line.
PlayStation 4 & Xbox One only
- Fixed several texture issues
- Fixed a control issue with QWERTY keyboards for the spraycan drone
- Improved optimizations for different hardware drivers
- Texture streaming turned off on GPUs with 6 GB VRAM
- Very High texture settings forces higher LOD textures: game should look crisper
- Fixed an issue with auto-setting Dynamic Resolution (blurry textures by default effect)
- Several crash fixes
- Fixed blockers when interacting with some doors
- Fixes a crash when performing a finisher on NanoBeast’s bodies
- Fixed an issue where you would be stuck in Power Plant when trying to exit this area
- Fixed several issues with The Witness quest
- The new implant slot should now display correctly if you reach 100 Core Power.
- “Jump” and “Cycle Injectables” can now be bound after resetting key bindings to default
- Fixed an issue where you would receive multiple rewards from a single banner
- Fixed some localization issues
- Fixed an issue with R2 double tap
- [Balancing] Delver Echo in NG+ has been nerfed
- Fixed an issue where music volume would automatically reset or set to 0 when launching the game
- Adjusted “brightness” slider
- Fixed an issue with A.I.D. Centauri set bonus
- Fixed an issue where you would suddenly die in the Underground
- Swiss Army Drone can now be unlocked in NG+
- Reduced cost of Graffiti Tags from merchants
As usual, please give us any feedback with regards to the changes or the game. If you encounter other technical issues or in-game bugs, please make a thread on our official forums with as much detail as possible (i.e. DxDiag, game logs).
Thanks again for your support.
The Surge 2 Team