October Community Update

@Unster From my POV, the graphical improvements are reasonable for a sequel. And as for the Physics go... I'm totally with you though, I do not have a very good feeling about it, since the game, as far as I can tell, is aiming more for the general audience and not for the hardcore selected fans. Let us see what happens.

@deathcoreboy1 I think high-res videos of actual gameplay from SR would tell us more, both as far as graphics and physics go. Screenshots are too subject to resolution, settings, scene setup and even post-processing. So let's see more videos. And I hope they keep a hardcore setting for those who want a realistic experience.

@Unster That GIF they shared left me a bittersweet taste TBH

@deathcoreboy1 Yeah I was hoping for more than gif. It's hard to tell much from it, though what I see there looks good. What do you mean by bitter-sweet?

@Unster At the end of the "sliding" it looks like it slides to much and the wheels do not have enough friction when going sideways. Hard to explain.

@deathcoreboy1 I think I know what you mean. I actually wonder if this is an updated capture from the original we saw, where I noticed the car was spinning in place too much. On this one, I feel it looks better, but it's a little hard to tell from the moving camera.

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in October Community Update:

I understand you guys are pumped up about SR. Nothing wrong with that. But let's be objective here. The graphical improvements are minor, not revolutionary

Unster: lets be objective guys!
Also Unster: proceeds to state subjective opinion

LOL sorry mate had to do it โค ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

@zamal jรก!! This community is amazing! ๐Ÿ˜‚

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@zamal Yeah, you've got a point. I like my opinions better than those of other people. ๐Ÿ™‚ Still, I was trying to be objective. That's why I wouldn't say things like the graphics are 10x worse or better.

@kingnightshadow said in October Community Update:

https://twitter.com/PlayMudRunner/status/1192826612062064640?s=19

Those are the kind of reasonable specs I'd expect from a semi, especially the switchable diff lock (permanent diff lock on trucks like this never made sense). Upgradeable 4WD is a bit far-fetched though as far as reality goes. Changing tires to offroad tires would be more realistic.

@Unster very cool truck, also we finally got confirmation that u can upgrade truck to have all-wheel drive, great!
76732185_2444011875908878_8562897863065993216_n.jpg

@zamal I agree, it is great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But from a realism perspective it's bad. Adding 4WD to an existing 2WD truck would be a major restructuring that no one would do in real life. It's much cheaper to build a 4WD truck to start with. I'm surprised I'm the only one here who sees a problem with this. It's another sign that realism isn't a top priority for the devs. Let me guess, the "upgraded" 4WD truck will have missing front half-shafts just like the current WesternStar which is already 4WD to begin with, or the Bison that doesn't even have a front suspension.

last edited by Unster

@Unster yeah, but at thsi point talking about this kinda stuff seems useless game is almost kinda finished and i doubt major changes to original system will be done, maybe added some stuff but i dont think they will change core structure

last edited by zamal

@zamal It's never useless to talk about it. Focus monitors the community's feedback. Of course they'll do things as they see fit and I don't expect them to make major changes. But I must say this 4WD update is some silly stuff.

@Unster yes we should talk about those kinda stuff of course, thats how change comes at the end but im talking about this particular situation, i think its done deal RN maybe we can shift it after game comes out

@zamal Well, here's what I'd suggest in place. Instead of being able to spend money to upgrade an existing 2WD truck to 4WD, allow the selling of the 2WD truck to help you buy another one that has 4WD. That wouldn't be a drastic change and there would still be an upgrade path, but it would be more realistic.

@Unster Nobody said you can't sell you vehicle.

If it can be done IRL, (despite being absurd or what have you) why not to include it in the game. Then you can allways skip it of course. But ultimately, having yet another option is never bad.

I don't mind vehicles being upgradable. Sure it's more common in pickup trucks and jeeps to upgrade drivetrains to make offroad rigs, I don't really see it being done in semi's. But if it's possible, I don't mind if it's not necessarily practical. It's good enough for a game.

I'm still interested in seeing (1) how fuel works and (2) if we get fuel tank upgrades. Every good AWD truck having low fuel capacity is by far my biggest concern with this game.