October Community Update

i do like the looks of this 🤔 😉

@deathcoreboy1 said in October Community Update:

@Unster I don't feel like it's over-saturated. Probably you mean the reddish trees, but I've seen places like this in Montana, USA
alt text

In the other hand, here we can see more like a greenish look
alt text which is cool.

maybe just me, but that water fall pic looks like it might have a filter on it. photographers use colored filters a lot to help "bring out the color" of things. but i do get what you mean.

alt text

@deathcoreboy1 Yes that's the one! I meant it in a good way, I loved that game back in the day and the tunnel system is the ideal solution imo

@8up-local Could be, but the point is that the typical scenery on these mid-north USA places looks colorful and redish durng the autumn season

Capture.JPG

IMO the feeling is very well captured on those screenshots shared earlier.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 It is colorful, but not nearly that colorful. It helps to see it in person rather than just on pictures which may be adjusted (exaggerated). Anyway, the graphics are fine, just not different from AW, which was my main point. I guess I expected a bigger difference and a new graphics engine.

last edited by Unster

It is that colorful. I see it every fall. It might be more colorful than the screenshots. This game will be amazing!

And imo, the graphics look 10x better than AW.

@simhunt77 I also think it is way better than AW. The lighting, the draw distance, the additional PBR maps on the terrain, etc. Some other things look very similar, due to the reuse of assets "probably" but I'm fine with it.

The

alt text

Check the trees in the distance and the overall image sharpness. Also, the specularity of the metal body. Not to say that textures are way better. look at the ground. You can see how the light clearly is affected by normal maps and specular maps while MR-AW it's just diffuse.

Decent update. I'm hoping for a more detailed update soon surrounding fully synced mutiplayer. I would also like to see some more mud and deep snow. My biggest fear with this game is they are going to make it too easy. Getting stuck is what makes the game fun. Even in mudrunner, there is very few times I've legitimately got stuck. So my friends and I all hope this game is more realistic in that regard.

@deathcoreboy1 completely agreed with you on this one mate, there is huge leap between AW and SR graphics

@deathcoreboy1 I agree on those two screenshots SR looks better. But with some others it doesn't. Remember my last comparison? We also don't know if that pumpkin crushing screenshot is actual gameplay footage. It looks enhanced. Compare to this other SR screenshot, which I feel looks identical to MR. Even the white trees in the distance have the same crappy fog we see in MR.

alt text

And here's that screenshot from MR that I posted previously. It's definitely not 10x worse, is it.
alt text

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in October Community Update:

@deathcoreboy1 I agree on those two screenshots SR looks better. But with some others it doesn't. Remember my last comparison? We also don't know if that pumpkin crushing screenshot is actual gameplay footage. It looks enhanced. Compare to this other SR screenshot, which I feel looks identical to MR. Even the white trees in the distance have the same crappy fog we see in MR.

alt text

And here's that screenshot from MR that I posted previously. It's definitely not 10x worse, is it.
alt text

Apart from that vignette maybe, I think the pumpkin screenshot is gameplay footage.
If it wasn't, Focus would've told us. 😉
Also, I actually like the fog. In fact, I'd really like it if we would get some sort of weather system (dynamic fog, rain, maybe snow, clear skies, cloudy skies, etc.).
But that's just my opinion.

Crappy? I though Mudrunner did fog extremely well.

The fog is alright in some situations, but what I don't like is how the white trees stand out in the distance. They should be barely visible and blended into the fog. It looks like the fog doesn't affect the sky dome, which I think is the issue.

@Unster Not a fair comparison. You're comparing a foggy and cloudy weather screenshot form SR with a sunny weather in MR.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 said in October Community Update:

@8x8 Not a fair comparison. You're comparing a foggy and cloudy weather screenshot form SR with a sunny weather in MR.

I'd say the SR screenshot has partly cloudy weather. Nothing unfair about it. I'd say your comparison may be more unfair, as you're using a high-res SR screenshot, which may not even be original gameplay footage, and comparing it to a low-res AW screenshot (it looks like a picture of TV footage).

last edited by Unster

@Unster its youtube video thumbnail mate

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in October Community Update:

@Unster its youtube video thumbnail mate

Well then that's a completely invalid comparison, isn't it. Why would anyone use a thumbnail?