October Community Update

@deathcoreboy1 That's a much better screenshot of AW. Clean & crisp. Only the trees are in the low-polygon mode, but not in my screenshot. It probably varies with graphics settings as well as camera distance & number of trees.

@Unster Dunno man. We'll have to wait and see. But I truly like it better. Especially the LOD and the additional PBR stuuf for the ground.

@deathcoreboy1 There may be some improvements, but it just doesn't look like a new game engine. It looks like the original engine with some tweaks.

@deathcoreboy1 @Unster all right, at this point u two just have to agree to disagree

@zamal hahah! Or we can just leave it like that.

It's a matter of personal preference I suppose. I'm really loving the new looks while @Unster still needs more juice to be impressed.

The final words will come closer with release.

Wanted to take a similar Mudrunner image to compare. This comes from the PS4 version.

Sadly I suspect the PS4 doesn't capture very good photo's, the uploaded photo looks a lot more faded and less colorful then when I'm seeing on my TV. However I have no recording device, so whatever the PS4 built in capture device records is the best I can do.

alt text

I tried to give the truck similar mods and even recreate the pumpkin smashing image.

@justinlynch3 That's probably because your TV is saturating the image. It's very common on TVs to do that in order to look "Better"

SNOWRUNNER
alt text

MUDRUNNER
ReShade 2019-11-06 18-42-29.jpg

One thing to notice is the draw distance.

Capture.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Another very important thing I have noticed is the real-time shadows of the environment.

You see, in MR and ST, the shadows were baked on the terrain and the only real-time shadow in the scene was cast by the Vehicle.

In SnowRunner, looks like everything cast dynamic shadows
Capture2.JPG
Capture4.JPG

This is a huge improvement IMO.

@deathcoreboy1 said in October Community Update:

@justinlynch3 That's probably because your TV is saturating the image. It's very common on TVs to do that in order to look "Better"

That could be it. I don't think I checked it since I set it up after buying it, but I'm pretty sure I did increase the color on the TV as well beyond default settings.

SNOWRUNNER
alt text

MUDRUNNER AW
ReShade 2019-11-06 19-05-37.png

SNOWRUNNER
alt text

MUDRUNNER AW
ReShade 2019-11-06 19-04-31.png

last edited by RCBuzz

@RCBuzz Not even close mate.
Over saturated, and way to much contrast. and to little brightness. Looks like a "photoshopped" picture.
Also, the default fog is removed, which shows how little the LOD is. Anything more than 5 meters away looks horrendous.

Just saying 😃

@deathcoreboy1 said in October Community Update:

You see, in MR and ST, the shadows were baked on the terrain and the only real-time shadow in the scene was cast by the Vehicle.

That's not true. MR has shadows cast by the landscape as well, including trees.

@deathcoreboy1 yeah I know man!! Just a ref pic to compare both,.....SNOWRUNNER is better than MUDRUNNER!!
These are real pics from the game without photoshop, it is just RESHADE on MUDRUNNER!! 😉

@RCBuzz Unlike your screenshots mine was taken without reshade or any modifications, and it looks better I'd say.

@Unster in my opinion we really can talk and compare both games when SNOWRUNNER gets released, untill then, this is just mere speculation!!! Lets wait and see what SR brings us new,...... 😉

I think this is a better comparison, though this MR screenshot is from a Russian-style map, so it has less color. I don't have a similar screenshot from AW.

alt text

T-40_3.jpg

@RCBuzz Yeha, I've seen a lot of reshade fans lately and it's truly a game-changing experience. I personally don't like it, but I see how much of a change it can make.

@deathcoreboy1 and others, I understand you guys are pumped up about SR. Nothing wrong with that. But let's be objective here. The graphical improvements are minor, not revolutionary. Personally I'm more interested in what the physics will be like in SR. I hope the devs go for 100% realism, and not a "hold your hand" kind of experience for newbies.

last edited by Unster