My [FICTIONAL] Ca3-353 8x8 truck - Opinions?

Hi all,
So back in January this year, I've started to do a fictional Russian/Eastern European 8x8 truck, called Ca3-353 (made entirely in Blender), here are some pictures.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.18.46.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.19.02.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.19.20.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.19.40.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.20.03.png

I actually made it for a Unity3D game, here's a pic of it in that (very very WIP, I've basically done nothing of the actual game).

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 00.43.49.png

So I was just wondering if anyone would want me to port it to SnowRunner once that releases.
I can't guarantee that I will do it, I'm just thinking about it at the moment.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

It looks good and interesting, in my opinion. Those mirrors look a bit odd and rather fragile, like they would break easily. Isn't the engine compartment a little too long? I mean it takes space from the chassis which could be used to install a log carriage or garage parts, for instance. Still, the truck looks cool, if you ask me. Imagine getting to school in a beast like that, back when you were a kid, since it's yellow. 🙂 I am not familiar with this kind of work, but it sure looks like it requires a lot of effort and time. 👏

last edited by FirebonE

very nice, the mixture of american railway design and russian industrial design 🙂
I like it very much.

@FirebonE said in My [FICTIONAL] Ca3-353 8x8 truck - Opinions?:

It looks good and interesting, in my opinion. Those mirrors look a bit odd and rather fragile, like they would break easily. Isn't the engine compartment a little too long? I mean it takes space from the chassis which could be used to install a log carriage or garage parts, for instance. Still, the truck looks cool, if you ask me. Imagine getting to school in a beast like that, back when you were a kid, since it's yellow. 🙂 I am not familiar with this kind of work, but it sure looks like it requires a lot of effort and time. 👏

Thank you very much 🙂
Mirrors, yes, they do look fairly fragile but with the whole truck I was going for "odd" (hence the Zil-y headlights and Land-Rover-esque tail lights), so it does fit in my opinion. 🙂
Engine compartment, yes, it is pretty long, but who knows... maybe it's got two engines. 😉
If I do port it to SnowRunner, I would probably also make a fleet of new attachments, to fit the slightly different body arrangement. Yeah, I would imagine that it would be quite an adventure climbing into that to school... who knows maybe I still am a kid...! 😮
Thank you very much. It did take me a few days to make, but then I again I did enjoy it very much, so there you go. 🙂

@thombuggy said in My [FICTIONAL] Ca3-353 8x8 truck - Opinions?:

very nice, the mixture of american railway design and russian industrial design 🙂
I like it very much.

Thanks very much to you as well!! 😃
Especially, coming from a big Spintires content creator! 😱
Thanks!

In conclusion: thanks a lot to the both of you! 😃