November Community Update

Hello, SnowRunners!

November is almost over and we are one month closer to the launch of SnowRunner! We have brand new screenshots to share and some exciting announcements for you this month, so let’s dig in!

SnowRunner is on Reddit!

First off, we’re happy to share the opening of the SnowRunner Reddit, created by the community! Be among the first to join the Reddit community:

https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/

Alaska

SnowRunner will feature three regions at launch - Michigan, Alaska, and Taymir - each consisting of several maps, many of them several times larger than those in MudRunner. Last month we showed you some shots of Michigan, so this month, we’d like to show off the snowy wonderland that is Alaska!

Desktop-2019.07.18---18.43.24.44.mp4.00_01_29_13.jpg
Living out here is no joke. Bring a thermos.

Desktop-2019.07.18---18.43.24.44.mp4.00_01_42_17.jpg
The vast white wilderness awaits you.

Desktop-2019.07.18---17.12.05.36.mp4.00_00_41_52.jpg
Thankfully the ice is thick.

Desktop-2019.07.19---12.20.53.10.mp4.00_04_49_37.jpg
Road Closed. Do we care? Not really.

You can download these screenshots in 1920x1080 resolution here.

DAN 96320

What vehicle better to brave the snow with than the DAN 96320. This repurposed Russian missile vehicle might not win any beauty contests but it will carry your cargo through the most hostile of environments.

Snowrunner-Dan-96320-Vehicules_1040x584.jpg

As always, it’s been a busy month for the development team, which is focusing on matchmaking and voice chat. We consider Multiplayer an essential part of SnowRunner, and we know a huge portion of the MudRunner community enjoys playing with friends. Gone will be the days of “ghost trucks” floating over mud. Not only will other trucks clearly affect the environment around them, we also want players to have solid tools to make playing with friends a breeze.

We hope this brief excursion into Alaska has been enjoyable! If you haven't done so already, we encourage you to join our Discord to hang out with other drivers, players, and the team. Share your MudRunner mods, screenshots, and stories while you wait for SnowRunner! https://discord.gg/AUZHNqy

See you in the snow!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

So, the devs actually got their eyes on BAZ manufacturer too. Goooood! The DAN 96320 looks like a BAZ-6402:
baz_6402_l4.jpg

Not an 8x8 like the BAZ-6403 or BAZ-6909, but, it's OK. 🙂

Source for the image:
http://www.military-today.com/trucks/baz_6402.htm

The snow looks pretty good and the images do manage to send a chill down your back, but, in a good way, in my opinion.

Weakest update so far(

As for BAZ (thx, mate!) - heard of it once, not more. Its good, they go deep in russians)
But first i thought its tatra...

BRIEF VERSION:

Love it.

SLIGHTLY LONGER VERSION:

I love it!!

Jokes aside though, those screenshots look really very very good.
Also, something I've noticed on the 3rd pic – the rearest wheels of that truck seem to be lower than the ground... did they sink into the ice? And another question: You said "Thankfully the ice is thick." Does this mean that there are also other places on the map where the ice maybe isn't as thick, and you could crack through, like the sovhoz snow map in Spintires did? That was actually really cool. You could drive over it in a KraZ-255 or even an 8x8 MaZ, but you'd have to drive really really slowly. Like, we're talking like half-speed in low-1. This would be very interesting and fun to have stock with the game in SnowRunner, in my opinion.

Vehicle looks cool too! 🙂

IN CONCLUSION:

I am very much looking forward to SnowRunner, I've joined the reddit page immediately (u/optareolympus), I've already joined the Discord (@WiltsDorsetSpectra) and I can't wait for next month's showing of "Taymir" and all the vehicle presentations before that! 😃

@Stazco said in November Community Update:

Weakest update so far(

As for BAZ (thx, mate!) - heard of it once, not more. Its good, they go deep in russians)
But first i thought its tatra...

I hope they bring Tatra trucks as well. They are well known for their outstanding performance in off-road. I am from Romania and our Army have quite a few of them.

Tatra T813 Kolos (This particular vehicle belongs to the Romanian Army):

41e0a7f512c1caffbe20bd1650a05366.jpg

Tatra T815 8x8:

DSCN2430.jpg

Sources for images:
https://www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/708261478872484030/
https://bobrahakl.rajce.idnes.cz/TATRA_815_VT_8x8/

last edited by FirebonE

Awesome update! Thanks! Love the concentration on multi player and no ghost trucks

good update boys, nothing really new but still good. so far i love line up of russian trucks, and this one is no exception

btw there are 1080p pics if RAR wont work for you, cause it doesnt for me

last edited by zamal

I hope this isn't something that hasn't been considered by the developers, but in my experience If it is cold enough for trucks to drive on the frozen lakes and rivers, the ground will also be frozen solid.

Tldr, if there is ice there will be no mud.

@grubdumpling

However, there is still a snow..
Now I wonder if there will be something like temperature in the game?

@grubdumpling said in November Community Update:

I hope this isn't something that hasn't been considered by the developers, but in my experience If it is cold enough for trucks to drive on the frozen lakes and rivers, the ground will also be frozen solid.

Tldr, if there is ice there will be no mud.

Its ok! Mud will be under thick layer of ice and snow, its awesome! Most harsh youtube siberian videos are made in IT. Means some early spring or late autumn.
If road is completely frozen - yes, its become a highway sometimes...took proper tires and its a walk in a park.
So in SR2 we need seasons...weather i hope we ll get in sr1...

Can the ice on a frozen lake break? Please say yes.

Next level is sandwich - river/ice/water/ice/..
Its a real trap, in spring or warm late autumn.

Gotta be honest I hoped for a bit more. All we really got was some pics of Alaska and a vehicle reveal. I feel like these monthly updates need to start dripping out gameplay detail.

I'll never understand why everyone is obsessed with Russia. America has just as good and better vehicles and it's just a game. The vehicles will handle how they handle no mater the country stamped on it. They could add off-road vehicles from Africa and having never even thought of being used with snow. Would probably be better in snow then anything else. Also didn't they once say majority of the fan base is in America? I mean no one any offense just I don't understand why so many people are complaining that the game isn't all russian everything. I personally like verity. Some Russian. Some American. Some European. The more the merrier.

@kingnightshadow I don't mean to offend anyone, just I don't understand the obsession.

@kingnightshadow Being member of that group, I can tell you some reasons.

1. variety in game industry as a whole - anything from the east usually appears as a wrecks of baddies or not at all, ST/MR have plenty points for novelty
  2. origin of the game - game was introduced with focus on post-soviet fleet (due to where it is from) and that is how we learn to like it, that is what this game was about, with obvious possibility of MODs/DLCs of any kind. It was a core of the game.

Then there are some more personal reasons: based on AW DLC, US trucks are not that great and by a principle, they rely on roads quite a lot.
I really like those looong speedway haulers, with a whole flat onboard, with plenty of chrome, lights everywhere and a nose almost as long as a trailer is, I really do. But as long as I like these for road use, I like that eastern production for offroad use.
Just my opinion, can't speak for everybody...

@FirebonE Welcome to the Tatraclub 🙂

@Sodoma, who doesn't like Tatra?! I mean if you are into trucks just a little bit, you must like Tatra. Just my opinion, anyway. 🙂

@cav00man said in November Community Update:

Can the ice on a frozen lake break? Please say yes.

I really hope so...

@kingnightshadow Don't get me wrong, I like the russian trucks. Since I am a console player I've always wanted a fast good boggin vehicle. The American trucks are my favorite. The Russian trucks are just too underpowered and slow. They are good in mud but I see a better alternative. I like to use the GMC 950 and put a b-66 in the bed and literally go anywhere in high gear floating effortlessly Ithe mud at high spedd. Seriously I would love the C-255 a hell of alot more if it could keep up with a western star as of speed and torque. The D-535 for example, is an awesome Russian 8x8. The thing just drinks too much damn fuel!! Rather use the skidder as it gets better fuel economy (correct me if im wrong) Now if your goin on a logging trip I usually take the C-255 but I die inside for how slow it is. I hope I'm making sense it's 2 in the morning and hope y'all have a good day today! Thanks for reading my nonsense