very fishy how the eternal league (AI vs AI and teams selection to fill the cup/championship) are handled

hello,

recently upgraded to the legendary while discounted on steam. I'm solo player so was excited to get all the teams and the access to the eternal league.

Any manager interested tend to scout a bit the ennemy teams; but kind laughable when you do it on BB2 eternal league.

yeh seams the quality of the handling of the eternal league explain why AI is so bad some time 😕 honestly is the eternal league really simulated or just a happy RNG factory of random facts/stats ?

nice example of what piss me off:

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.07 - 13.59.17.50 small.png

wtf is going on?! the halflings (pecking foots) won cause of a concede from the orcs (da deff jaws) when score was at 1-1 ^^ (as far as it goes if I concede it give 2 TD and the 2 mvp to the opponent, I kinda expect rules are the same with AI vs AI) and why the hell are the mvp 2 orc players (of cause as its AI vs AI the spp log is empty you can't even check further how glitched/bugged or totally random the thing is).
... and did you notice the number of passes from the 2 teams^^

there are also other details that I can't really enjoy to see neither (details I know, but still why the hell as a player manager I have restriction to access a cup, while AI don't follow the same rules at all. I'm feeling a bit cheated XD).

pecking foots (yeh still them) and tor urgols (kislev) from my autumn championship (respectively 3rd and 4th) were also in the following chaos cup (how did they got their entry tickets lol - while the 2nd didn't even bother to come to the chaos cup ).

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.07 - 14.50.07.63 small.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.07 - 14.50.27.67 small.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.07 - 14.49.22.79 samll.png

You should go an read the old threads on this, it's unlikely you're get any 'official' response as this game is (or at least, appears) to no longer being developed or fixed.

@sylvainch21 said in very fishy how the eternal league (AI vs AI and teams selection to fill the cup/championship) are handled:

yeh seams the quality of the handling of the eternal league explain why AI is so bad some time honestly is the eternal league really simulated or just a happy RNG factory of random facts/stats ?

There's no game actually being played between the two AI teams - it's just random numbers as it was in BB1. More realistic numbers could be generated using the play data (normalized random values based on past matches played by human-controlled teams) but most people (including the developers) don't care enough for that to be done.