December Community Update

Hello SnowRunners!

Winter has come, and the team continues to work hard to make sure SnowRunner will be the best off-roading experience ever. In the previous two months' updates, we’ve shown off Alaska and Michigan, our two U.S. regions. This month, we’d like to give you a glimpse into Taymir, our Russian region.

https://s5.gifyu.com/images/SNOWRUNNER_DEV_DIARY_TAYMIR.gif

Make your way deep into the boggy forests of Taymir. Take your pick of work from among those seeking contractors - not many come out this far. Perhaps you’ll pick up a job to scout some territory for a young oil company. Take care not to get stuck in the mud though, or your vehicle might join the other abandoned Soviet era architecture as it sinks slowly into the bog.

To find oil you’ll have to use a seismic vibrator, allowing you to inject low-frequency vibrations into the earth to tell if there’s oil. Not all vehicles are capable of mounting one, so make sure you pick the right one for the job.

SnowRunner Launch Vehicle Roster

SnowRunner will feature a total of 40 vehicles at launch. The team has put in a huge amount of effort to find and recreate classic Russian and American inspired vehicles. Striking a good balance between different roles and looks is important to us, so we hope you like the vehicles we’ve revealed so far.

We reveal one vehicle every Friday, and you can view everything we’ve posted so far here:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/42658/vehicle-presentations

In-Game Loading Screens

We’re also excited to share some of the loading screens you will see in SnowRunner. They’re a good example of how just how varied the maps in the three regions can be.

Taymyr.jpg
A splash of color in Taymir, Russia.

Michigan.jpg
The Michigan bog sometimes looks like a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Alaska.jpg
Alaska is beautiful even in the mud.

You can download these screens below:

Azov 53-19 “Nara”

A monthly community update without a vehicle presentation is like a truck without a horn, so without further preamble, let us * honk * present the Azov 5319 “Nara”! Try not to confuse it with a tank. If you’re helming this, obstacles become something you go through, not around. If you squint at the image below, you can even see the driver having the time of his life.

Snowrunner-Azov5319-Vehicules_1040x584.jpg

It’s been a pleasure to share this news with you all, and we hope you’ve enjoyed the read! While the community team will be taking some time off over the holidays, we have more news coming in January, so keep your eyes on our social media channels and the forums! We wish you all a fantastic holiday!

We’ll see you in the snow.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Now that's what I like too see, this is the best Community update so far. 👍👍👍👍👍

With how amazing these games have been (I have all of them), We gotta’ get some tracked vehicles in here! Any news on if we will see any coming?

Just completely and totally awesome!!

Wow! This was unexpected! Amazing! I love you are sharing high resolution images. Map design look sick! Keep it up.

@FirebonE You're the expert in soviet vehicles! Tell us what do we have here:

alt text

@deathcoreboy1, I am no expert, just an enthusiast, but thank you for you vote of confidence! 🙂 😉 I was about to post. It looks like a KAMAZ Typhoon series. The base model is KAMAZ-6560M, which is an 8x8, but 6x6 variants also exist, although, from what I could find, only armoured APCs, not chassis for other uses.

8x8

KAMAZ-6560M 004.jpg

6x6

Kamaz_Typhoon-K_6x6_.jpg

The grill isn't from this series, however, but from a heavily modified armoured KAMAZ-63501

KAMAZ-63501.jpg

Sources:
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=2001
http://worlddefencenews.blogspot.com/2015/05/kamaz-typhoon-k-6x6-mrap-armoured.html
https://picpanzee.com/tag/armouredvehicle

The update looks really good, and the graphics are stealing the show, in my opinion. That GIF image of the boreal forest is amazing, if you ask me. I am really, really happy Slavic trucks are seriously in the game, now. It looks like the hard work will be done by them, as probably expected. One question, though, which has been asked before quite extensively, including by myself: What is it with this low fuel tanks on heavy vehicles? @Jellyfoosh ?

last edited by FirebonE

@FirebonE Ohhhh I see! I was just kidding with the "expert" thing. I hope I didn't bother you.

And again... I'm not quite happy with the soviet vehicles 3D models. They differ too much from the real thing. One thing is changing a small detail to avoid licensing issues, but completely redesigning the vehicle... it's a no-go from me.

@FirebonE Not sure from that picture, if it will be 8x8 or 6x6 🤔
However, it looks like twinsteer, so it'll be fine... 😎

@Sodoma said in December Community Update:

@FirebonE Not sure from that picture, if it will be 8x8 or 6x6 🤔
However, it looks like twinsteer, so it'll be fine... 😎

In my opinion, it looks like 6x6. You can see the rear fender is the last piece of the truck showing and there are only three axles visible up until that point. At 9.4 m length, it should be an 8x8 version, though.

Loving the update! 💟

the community will be taking some time off over the holidays

I won't! 😉
Really excited for SnowRunner!
Oil mechanic seems very interesting... 😮
Looking forward to the January update as well!
Thanks again!

@deathcoreboy1

Ohhhh I see! I was just kidding with the "expert" thing. I hope I didn't bother you.

Not at all, man. On the contrary. I feel flattered. 😉 👍🏻 It's just that I am not a real connoisseur, just an amateur. Also, my thing are trucks from 8x8 and up. If you are going to ask me about a three axles one or even an 8x4, I am less likely to know if I haven't looked it up. Even so, I do take interest in many military vehicles, despite their number of axles. 🙂

And again... I'm not quite happy with the soviet vehicles 3D models. They differ too much from the real thing. One thing is changing a small detail to avoid licensing issues, but completely redesigning the vehicle... it's a no-go from me.

It's really no big deal, if you ask me. Despite the differences, the vehicles are reasonably recognizable, including this one. There is no reason to feel turned off by them. Fuel capacity, might be a different matter, though.

last edited by FirebonE

@FirebonE
Výstřižek.JPG
Purple for hub centers, red for edge of the tires. I think it is 8x8 but it might be just me...
If I guessed that rear hub correctly, it definitely doesn't fit with that tire tread peeking from mudguard behind fueltank...

@Sodoma, hm, difficult to say. You might be right, although it doesn't fit entirely in the image, like you said. Again, at 9.4 meters long and with that chassis type, it should be the 8x8 variant.

Oh my god! Stunning graphics!! Do you have a Nintendo Switch version on development roadmap ??

@masterzone said in December Community Update:

Oh my god! Stunning graphics!! Do you have a Nintendo Switch version on development roadmap ??

I think they said a Switch version will be made post-release. 🙂

So that proves that hauling isn't the only thing we will be doing....... I'm unbelievably hyped right now and gotta say, that shot of the Michigan bog and gif of the Russian map looks like it'll be hell to cross.
This is a appropriate response I think pbWDxsk.gif

last edited by kingnightshadow