December Community Update

@Unster said in December Community Update:

The bad cargo ties are still in the recent screenshots that were posted

yes it was just a repost of same picture

@zamal Perhaps, but if that's what they're still showing, it appears that's what they'll stick with. After all, most players won't notice anything wrong with it. Even at me it didn't jump out immediately, but once someone else pointed out how dangerous and illegal it would be to tie down cargo this way, I realized that's absolutely right based on what I've seen myself in real life.

@Unster i think they are waiting for perfect moment to unveil new mission system and with that will come new pictures of cargoes, trailers, logs, etc.

@Crumpy Agree with you. I downloaded the military trailer mod and never again used this weird thing. @Unster To me those are rail wheels, which makes no sense at all. I grew up in a sugar cane village and believe me, there is no way in hell a truck can drag something on those wheels trough the mud. And if thrown in the road, it would destroy the road and be overturned in no time or buried on it's own ditch.

@Unster ST has a similar issue with the blue ZIL truck from Aftermath (can't remember the name) where I pointed out some barrels tied in a veeeeeery awkward way and they never got fixed. Anyways, let's hope this one gets fixed before it hits the light.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1

To me those are rail wheels, which makes no sense at all. I grew up in a sugar cane village and believe me, there is no way in hell a truck can drag something on those wheels trough the mud. And if thrown in the road, it would destroy the road and be overturned in no time or buried on it's own ditch.

They are not exactly train wheels. Yes, they are made of metal, but are smaller, lighter and have no central ditch on their road surface. They are entirely flat. They probably won't go through mud very well, but a monstrous 8x8 would pretty much have little trouble getting them anywhere. They are, essentially, trailer homes for workers, with 1 or 2 beds, a table, some rudimentary chairs and shelfs and a fireplace stove. In Romania, when I was a kid, they were common and 4x2 large trucks had little problems carrying them on hard roads, nor did these roads get destroyed by them that easily. They still exist today, but, obviously the metal wheels were exchanged for proper tires. Back in the day, people didn't have so many possibilities or options and had to work with what was available, like these metal wheeled trailers.

@FirebonE I know what you mean. I've seen such homes for workers mysef, but never on metal wheels. Do you have any image of them IRL going through mud or road? even better a video.

This would have been much more believable IMO: alt text

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@Dvoryaninoff Good enough, but, these wheels have a rubber coating around them.

@deathcoreboy1 MudRunner is a simulator. Rubber was stolen, just like in real life 🙂

@deathcoreboy1, that was back in the 90s, 2000-2001. I didn't have a camera back then. Nowadays, I haven't seen them anymore. Like I said, they upgraded to proper tires. Nevertheless, it looks like you were taken care of with proper pics. However, these look modernized. The ones I was talking about were made out of wood and the metal wheels did not have rubber coating.

That's right, these are not train wheels, there's no flange on them either like what train wheels have. The lack of rubber / tire I'd imagine is a cost-saving measure. Less to maintain & more durable, though of course at the expense of riding comfort, but I imagine they were rarely moved.

@deathcoreboy1 said in December Community Update:

@Unster ST has a similar issue with the blue ZIL truck from Aftermath (can't remember the name) where I pointed out some barrels tied in a veeeeeery awkward way and they never got fixed. Anyways, let's hope this one gets fixed before it hits the light.

As I recall the blue Zil cargo in ST was tied down correctly, though spread out on the truck bed in a curious way. Not exactly the same issue.

@Unster said in December Community Update:

@deathcoreboy1 said in December Community Update:

As I recall the blue Zil cargo in ST was tied down correctly, though spread out on the truck bed in a curious way. Not exactly the same issue.

Maybe it was meant to simulate it having a full load to begin with, but that some of it was unloaded along the way, leaving only these on. (I'm not sure)

@8x8 More likely it was spread out for better weight distribution, though I'm not sure that was necessary.

alt text

someone provided this on Discord, shows april 30 release date, could this also be placeholder?

last edited by zamal

@zamal It looks like more than a place holder. And it's not far from what we were told. But the PC release date could still be different.

@Unster didnt they say game will be released on all platforms simultaneously?

@zamal That was my understanding too, but who knows, and besides they didn't say so explicitly. The only thing I could find is this from the FAQ:

Q: What platforms will the game be on?
At launch, the game will be on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store