December Community Update

I'm a ps4 controller only player, and I agree that having an adjustment for steering sensitivity would be nice. However, I would still leave it very sluggish, I've just come to like it that way after playing the game for so long.

@8up-local its no better with a controller, finner adjustments but still super slow.

When will the January Community Update be out ๐Ÿ˜›

@zamal said in December Community Update:

@8x8 waiting patiently ๐Ÿ™‚
Will do... ๐Ÿ™‚

@Jellyfoosh said in December Community Update:

Taymyr.jpg

The idea of railroad tracks is nice but it needs to implemented properly. Those rails don't have proper joints and there's no way a train could pass over this in real life.

@Unster Such a minor detail (considering we will not drive trains in SR)! It's not even in the front line. Probably you won't be able to see it unless you zoom in quite a bit.

@deathcoreboy1 It may seem trivial to many, but after spending considerable time in train simulators it's an eye sore to me.

@Unster Yeah, I get it. The same happens to me with non-authentic soviet vehicles. Having grown up among them, it's an eyesore to me the way they are being created.

@deathcoreboy1 But that's a little different, because the game doesn't claim that this is authentic Soviet vehicle, just an approximation due to copyright issues, though I also understand why that would bother you. But in the case of this railroad, since it would be physically impossible for a train to pass over it, it's equivalent to a floating tree or building, i.e. it defies reality.

@Unster Well, if you want to punish your eyes a little further, have a look at the railwagon in the distance. Looks to me like it is floating in the air ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@deathcoreboy1 Hmm, it doesn't look that way at this distance, but I sure would hope it's not floating! I've seen logs float and I didn't like it either. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Unster jรก! I downloaded the 1080p images and trust me. it is definitly floating. Altough it looks to me like the draw distance for it is shorter than the one for the wagon, so, I'm sure that if you drive closer, the rail will appear.

@deathcoreboy1 Oh yes, the ones on the right. I thought you were talking about the other ones. Yes, the rail is missing in that view. Yes quite punishing to the eyes. ๐Ÿ˜†

rails are indeed missing, its probably work in progress no big deal

@Unster said in December Community Update:

The idea of railroad tracks is nice but it needs to implemented properly. Those rails don't have proper joints and there's no way a train could pass over this in real life.

that bothered me as well when i first noticed it, u can also see wooden planks below jamming into each other, they probably made 3 assets 1 for straight lines and 2 different radius for curves, its unfortunate but as long as wheel physics work properly on them im good

last edited by zamal

@zamal I wouldn't assume it's WIP, same with the incorrectly tied cargo on trucks. That's why it's good to point these issues out now before the game gets released. The cargo ties especially seem to come from ignorance (no offence) rather than a mistake or bug on the devs' part.

Rail planks jamming into each other here is very tolerable and not excessive in any way. It's common in train simulators too and some do it better than others.

last edited by Unster

@Unster not WIP? so they just forgot to add the tracks? its either wip or draw distance fucking up. tied cargo thingy ur referring to is from almost a year ago, they might have fixed that we dont know yet

@zamal The bad cargo ties are still in the recent screenshots that were posted. And it was the highlight of one of the screenshots, so I figured it's not something the devs are planning to fix.

About the missing tracks, I was just saying I wouldn't automatically assume it's WIP. It could be, but we don't know. You'd think the Bison would have a front suspension too, but it doesn't, even after we pointed it out like a year ago.

last edited by Unster

The only visual punishment that ever truly irked me was the idea that rail wheels were somehow a perfectly adequate floatation solution to the challenge of moving tons of garage equipment through two or three feet of mud...
I sincerely hope an enterprising snowrunner whips off those wheelsets and replaces them with truck tyres like some modders have done if the garage cart is going to make another appearance ๐Ÿ˜…

last edited by Crumpy

@Crumpy LOL. Yes the garage "rail" cart is rather an amusing specimen, but I've found it kind of cute and atmospheric rather than an annoyance. It's really just a cabin on wheels. And I don't think those wheels are exactly rail wheels. They're just metal wheels. I remember having a good time trying to stop it from overturning on me in the muddy ditches of the Bog.