December Community Update

@Unster oh they have changed it, announcement thread used to say "The release of the game is scheduled for spring 2020 (through March inclusive). It is planned to simultaneously released to PC, PS4 and XBox One. On PC, the game will be released in the Epic Games Store" but now it doesnt, ur right they might release on consoles later or ahead in time

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner News Recap:

Useful Information

SnowRunner will release early 2020.
Simultaneous launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

actually this thread still does say its all gonna be at the same time but idk

@FirebonE said in December Community Update:

The grill isn't from this series, however, but from a heavily modified armoured KAMAZ-63501

KAMAZ-63501.jpg

I actually like this front end far far better than the regular Typhoon one... it'd be nice to see an end like that in SnowRunner as well. 🙂
(PS: I know I'm like a month late 😉 )

@8x8, yes, I also think it looks really cool. However, that truck is not from the Typhoon range, but a KAMAZ-63501, with a heavily modified and armoured cab. An almost identical cab can be found in an Ural truck as well, namely the Ural-532341/532342. Here it is:
Ural-532341 or Ural-532342 007.jpg

The similarity between them is not surprising, as KAMAZ and Ural have shared cab designs repeatedly along the way of their development.

Source:
https://guns.allzip.org/topic/51/559779.html

@FirebonE said in December Community Update:

@8x8, yes, I also think it looks really cool. However, that truck is not from the Typhoon range, but a KAMAZ-63501, with a heavily modified and armoured cab. An almost identical cab can be found in an Ural truck as well, namely the Ural-532341/532342. Here it is:
Ural-532341 or Ural-532342 007.jpg

The similarity between them is not surprising, as KAMAZ and Ural have shared cab designs repeatedly along the way of their development.

Source:
https://guns.allzip.org/topic/51/559779.html

Ahh right, thank you. 🙂

@zamal said in December Community Update:

alt text

someone provided this on Discord, shows april 30 release date, could this also be placeholder?

Damn will this be a full priced game?

@TheSaltySalt Yup, that's about 60 USD for the standard edition, the usual price for a premium title. I didn't think of this as a premium title. MR was about half that even when it first came out, right? But then again, that was mostly a respun ST. For $60 it better be really good.

I only stop by around here once in awhile, so forgive me if I am missing something, but... $60USD AND and Epic game store exclusive? Geez, are they trying to chase away customers?..

@ManfredE3 Milk the hardcore fans, and chase away the rest I think. 🤔

Another negative point about being an Epic game, is possibly the Epic Game Launcher. I just saw yesterday it was eating considerable CPU power on my son's computer even when it wasn't launched. I uninstalled the damn thing, since he doesn't play Fortnight anymore anyway. I hope we don't have this issue with SR.

So... €21 extra for an armoured looking 6x2 truck? I don't often buy premium - Wreckfest currently exempt - but I don't see SR joining that small list tbh. Though I'm sure I'll enjoy the ordinary immensely nonetheless.

@Crumpy said in December Community Update:

So... €21 extra for an armoured looking 6x2 truck? I don't often buy premium - Wreckfest currently exempt - but I don't see SR joining that small list tbh. Though I'm sure I'll enjoy the ordinary immensely nonetheless.

Generally premium is a better deal. Your $21 extra isn't just for this truck, but all future DLC content. The higher up front cost usually saves you money in the long run over buying the ordinary version and buying all DLC's separately.

@justinlynch3 I am fine with this being the case. I bought the premium of wreckfest (and I think mid-range Just Cause 3/4) for such a reason.
I am aure I will sink a criminal amount of time into this!

@justinlynch3 Not necessarily though. Sometimes buying DLC's later as they come out can be cheaper if they're on sale. Plus if the game ends up being not to your liking, you won't have wasted money on all the DLC's that you don't even play anymore. It's unlikely with SR, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not 100% sure I'll like it, for example if there's something wrong with the physics, since I'm quite picky about that, so I wouldn't want to prepay anything. That's why I want a playable demo first so I can decide if the game is worth buying. I'll at least wait until I see some gameplay footage on YouTube before I pay anything.

That Wreckfest season pass certainly left a sour taste in my mouth; I'm not happy with how THQ has handled that DLC. I won't go into detail with that for fear of getting too off topic here...

I really want to like SR, I love the idea of the big open world map with an economy and so on, it looks like the game itself will be good. However, at this point there's multiple things that are worrying me to the point that I might not get SR and none of them are being officially addressed.

@ManfredE3 said in December Community Update:

That Wreckfest season pass certainly left a sour taste in my mouth; I'm not happy with how THQ has handled that DLC. I won't go into detail with that for fear of getting too off topic here...

I really want to like SR, I love the idea of the big open world map with an economy and so on, it looks like the game itself will be good. However, at this point there's multiple things that are worrying me to the point that I might not get SR and none of them are being officially addressed.

I still prefer to call them Nordic. THQ died in 2014 when they went bankrupt and sold all their assets. Nordic brought the name and some of the assets but still, THQ Nordic isn't THQ. It's not the same THQ I remember that gave us fun wrestling games and the epic Saint's Row series. That THQ is gone.

Hey everyone, while speculation is good fun, please wait for official news before drawing conclusions based on early retailer listings.

You will of course get all the right information well before the game launches. 🙂

@Jellyfoosh

To be fair, we are all drooling over retailer listings through lack of official info, community updates have been sparse, weekly vehicle presentsations are well and good but show bugger all, no interiors or proper screens etc, hell, we haven't even seen gameplay. You can't blame us for trawling Google for any tiny tidbit we can find..

I read somewhere that rumours are like mushrooms. They grow fastest in the dark. 😉

@zoglet I read somewhere, that plutonium also helps to grow some mushrooms, is it helpful? 😃