the amount of sway and recoil are ridiculous

please reduce this shit

last edited by Grave

@Grave it's all fine... Insurgency Sandstorm is one of the games who prefer the more likely "real life" warfare.
Play Call of Duty or Battlefield if you get cancer by that. Thanks ^^ I don't want to insult you in any way but it is how it is. This game is more tactical and realistic than the other AAA games on the market. Live with that.

Realistic my ass, there is no defending this shit, automatic weapons would be useless if the recoil was this bad in real life.

Calling game this game realistic when it is this buggy and broken is hilarious.

Here are some great examples of realism: molotov snipers, helicopters which can be shot down instantly, armor which does not do anything, bots with no reaction time, grenades which cannot set off a pile of weapons and explosives.

last edited by Grave

With a real gun, try to aim 100% steady on a tiny target. Especially try it after running and moving alot.

Stamina is a thing in this game and affects your aim, so stop running marathons like you do in cod or other shooters.

Secondly, please shoot a real gun on full auto straight on target. In the game you only need to pull down the mouse half an inch lol. How easy is that? Or still too difficult to learn lmao?

last edited by ImTimKlonker

@ImTimKlonker said in the amount of sway and recoil are ridiculous:

With a real gun, try to aim 100% steady on a tiny target. Especially try it after running and moving alot.

Stamina is a thing in this game and affects your aim, so stop running marathons like you do in cod or other shooters.

Secondly, please shoot a real gun on full auto straight on target. In the game you only need to pull down the mouse half an inch lol. How easy is that? Or still too difficult to learn lmao?

well said brother.

The weapon sway isn't bad but the recoil is terrible. Go fire a real gun & tell me that the recoil sends the barrel up 90 degrees with every shot. Reload times are painfully slow & will get you killed every time. It shouldn't take 30 seconds to swap mags. The G3A3 is the absolute worse.

last edited by RumplesLabs

You can't fire when Standing or from Kneeling position and expect no recoil. If you're experience a lot of recoil in prone then You're doing it wrong.

@Grave said in the amount of sway and recoil are ridiculous:

Realistic my ass, there is no defending this shit, automatic weapons would be useless if the recoil was this bad in real life.

Have you ever shot a full auto rifle or SMG in real life? I have. It's a little difficult to compare controlling a rifle in real life to mouse and keyboard, but the game feels quite realistic to me.

@RumplesLabs said in the amount of sway and recoil are ridiculous:

Reload times are painfully slow & will get you killed every time. It shouldn't take 30 seconds to swap mags. The G3A3 is the absolute worse.

Most speed reload times in game are between 3 and 4 seconds. That's well within expected realistic reload times for soldiers on a battlefield.

I love how many hear complain its unrealistic yet have obviously never done anything comparable in real life. YOU CANNOT SHOULDER FIRE A MACHINE GUN WITH ANY ACCURACY Sources: Myself, 3 years US Army.

Reloads take at least 5 seconds even as a trained soldier. The insurgents would take much longer. Don't say things are unrealistic when you have zero idea of what actually is realistic. (I agree with the homing molotovs though... that's some bull!)

@RumplesLabs

It’s quite realistic, if you shoot irl without compensating for anything the muscle rises quite a lot (ever seen fail videos of novice shooters who don’t expect the recoil?). Well compare that to not compensating for anything ingame. Gotta do a little work.

Tbh tho, even with a controller it’s easy to compensate for recoil even with hardest kicking guns, you’re highly exaggerating about this.

I agree on the reloads tho, some (parts of) animations are really too slow, especially racking the charging handle/release the bolt on particular guns. Those are easy procedures on which the character is really just hesitating. G3 indeed and all machine guns for example.

go play insurgency, that game does not have insane recoil

@RumplesLabs the G3A3 is like one of the stinkingly easiest weapon in the game. practically zero horizontal recoil. you just need to pull your mouse down.

if you cant use it, i think the problem sits between the chair and the monitor.

last edited by Alilolo

@RumplesLabs the reload speeds are realistic lol

Recoil is sadly been tweaked down in respect to how it was when INS SAND. first came out..
I read it's because of the new player influx... and thb I hope it doesn't get changed, anymore... and if anything.. some weapons should be tweaked to have more recoil.. like the SVD or the FAL f.ex..

It's all about getting used to it.. and learning each single weapon; when to reload, when to fire full auto, etc..
I like this game because split-second decisions can cost you your life.. And you actually have to use your brain during firefights!

Please Devs.. make the game harder if anything! 🙂

@KingFormaggino said in the amount of sway and recoil are ridiculous:

Recoil is sadly been tweaked down in respect to how it was when INS SAND. first came out..

Yes, but at the same time they significantly reduced the recoil reduction from crouching and prone, which is a trade off I'm happy with. I finally feel like I can effectively clear a building while standing now, which is nice.