A mature discussion about toxic racism - NWI, please weigh in.

@MAA_Bunny you are a very toxic and manipulative or just very blind and centrist radical man. I would want to know how it feels like being stupid and being unable to see it.

@tangosucka I think it is clearly not necessary to ban a game because it is too violent. In addition, there are rules to prevent the youngest from being affected by this kind of games.
Then if we banish insurgency sandstorm then modern Warfare also goes there / Battlefield / and so on ... so kind of comments you can keep them and think before writing.

@MAA_Bunny said in A mature discussion about toxic racism - NWI, please weigh in.:

This is the kind of shit that really gets under my skin. It drives people away from the game.

Pretty sure the game being poorly managed is driving people away from the game, not some 5 or 6 people screaming the Ninjer. Doesn't help matters that people of my race don't actually care all that much for games outside of the Sports space in general, and those that do have tougher skin than you're trying to apply to us for the sake of your shit virtue signaling...

Never, not once, ever, has someone calling me, a Black man, a Ni99er, has driven me to stop playing a game...nor has it stopped anyone other Black person who plays Call of Duty from stopping that franchise from moving along. So cut "I'm speaking for them" BS.

This was never going to be a mature discussion because OP, MAA_Bunny, people with that mindset aren't actually attempting to look for solutions they're looking to create problems to solve.

Revisiting this thread at this most relevant time to highlight why Offworld Industries and Squad are doing a much better job than NWI of setting community standards. I can't even recall an instance of playing Squad where I hear anything remotely to the kind of crap that gets spewed on Sandstorm servers.

Here is a statement published two days before NWI's last blog post (which was about self promotion). This is what I call courage, clarity, and conviction.

Step up NWI.

https://joinsquad.com/2020/06/03/black-lives-matter/

"Our team has refrained from posting content since last week, out of respect to the events unfolding in our world right now. We have strongly felt that it was (and remains) inappropriate to self-promote during such a time of crisis.

We recognize the complexities of brands stepping forward and inserting themselves into important conversations, and while we weighed this heavily – we also feel that staying silent on this topic could inadvertently suggest complicity. So it’s time for us to make it very clear:

Black Lives Matter. We stand in solidarity with everyone fighting against injustice and police brutality. We stand in solidarity with the Black community. As many important figures have stated, we recognize that it is not enough to simply be against racism – we must be actively anti-racist.

We also know that words have little meaning without action or real support. With this in mind, we have donated $15,000 to Black Lives Matter, and $10,000 to the NAACP. We have much work to do as an organization as well.

Some of you may recall that a few weeks ago, we terminated an employee due to racist comments made online. Part of the statement we released said that we were reviewing all actions of this employee as it related to server licenses and a review of all policies.

We have been in the process of making good on these words, with internal reviews and a focus on new policies moving forward. We are also reviewing all in-game content, including mods. Hiring practices, moderation practices, support practices, and content generation are all areas where we need to be actively anti-racist and we are in the process of doing this work."

last edited by Aslan14