Champions Cup 30 Qualification Criteria

Hi all,

We've decided to tinker with the qualification criteria for the Champs Cup 30. We'll stick with the 16 team tournament with qualifying tiers as previously, but we'll be removing one automatic T3 and one stunty qualifying spot and adding two additional wildcard spots.

Hopefully this will mean more experienced teams will make it to the cup, while giving more to chase at the top of the leaderboard.

You can see the qualifying tiers in the image below.

In addition to Cyans and the Fan Favorite skill, the winner of the Champions Cup will get a very cool set of real-world blocking dice, generously donated by our league admin LittleYoshi1979 (Postage included worldwide!).

If you qualify for the cup and you're not a member of our Facebook group then consider joining us there. It makes scheduling your match much easier: Blood Bowl 2 COL/CCL/AL

Finally, if you do qualify for the cup please play your game to completion, conceding in the cup really unbalances the tournament for everyone else. Do the decent thing, try to kill your opponent's favorite player at least.

See you on the pitch!

Slacker

image.png

Hello. Good initiative. I make another proposition: During the first week of a champion ladder, a team cant play more than 2 match in a day. It will balance the forces between the players who play a lot from the start and those who cant.
Another proposition again: a player can have more than one team ranked:OK. So the proposition: the sum of matches of your ranked teams cant exceede 50 matches. It will avoid some players already qualified to create another team whose the only aim is to destroy the other teams.
And a final proposition: at the end of week 3, 4,5 and 6, inform on this forum which teams are qualified at this part of the ladder.

Have a good day.

Taxi.

Hi.
I think rules must be rewritten on one point. At this point of the ladder, the first team skaven is not qualified but the second is as a wildcard. Its not fair....

Hi taxi,

I think you may have misunderstood, based on possibly some poor language choice on my part. The wildcards will always go to the highest ranked team in the ladder unless there are already two of teams of the same race qualified.

So, only only one team of each race can qualify in the tiered bracket (top skaven, top dark elf etc.), but when it comes to the wildcards it's a straight competition on the leaderboard.

Hope that is clear.

@taxi said in Champions Cup 30 Qualification Criteria:

Hello. Good initiative. I make another proposition: During the first week of a champion ladder, a team cant play more than 2 match in a day. It will balance the forces between the players who play a lot from the start and those who cant.
Another proposition again: a player can have more than one team ranked:OK. So the proposition: the sum of matches of your ranked teams cant exceed 50 matches. It will avoid some players already qualified to create another team whose the only aim is to destroy the other teams.
And a final proposition: at the end of week 3, 4,5 and 6, inform on this forum which teams are qualified at this part of the ladder.

Regards to the above,

Points 1 and 2 we can't really do for a few reasons, principally that there is no good way to communicate or enforce such a policy which would be anywhere close to fair. Also, it's not really desirable to bottleneck games played in a ladder with relatively few players. If people want to play, they should be allowed.

Point 3 is a good idea, but I can't promise anything at this time, as it does take some admin work to get those lists together, and this is a 100% volunteer run competition. I'll certainly discuss it with the team though.

Hi.
3 days before the end of ladder 30. At this point, the qualified teams are (in order of the criteria):

1. Dwarves (gnomeslayer)
  2. Chaos dwarves (nath 3t)
  3. Chaos (elvis the eel)
  4. orcs (cavebear)
  5. necro (dg kyle)
  6. undead (tominator)
  7. norse -ivi litt)
  8. amazon (yorshire)
    9)khemri (plooper)
    10)kislev (qatary fattydad)
    11)halflings (rs2)
  9. necro (sickboy)
    13)skaven (phleabag)
  10. dwarves (moon of dune)
  11. wood elves (everchose)
  12. chaos dwarves (pig master)

I think its correct. I hope so.

Dont take note of the numbers. I dont know why they are good in my message and not when it is on the forum. But the list of teams is good.